Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Bill Simmons picks Hawks over Skins
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Remember when Simmons picked the Seahawks as a SB contender before the season?

Quote:
The easiest pick of Round 1 for me. The Seahawks aren't just the most balanced team in football, they're one of the most balanced teams ever. Football Outsiders' DVOA ranked them fourth in offense, fourth in defense and third in special teams. They didn't play a single bad game all season — even in their five losses, they had a chance to win each game in the final minutes. So if you're picking against them, you're doing it for three reasons: You think they're a better home team than road team, you're jumping at the chance to pick against Pete Carroll on the road, and you're banking on Washington's crowd (great fans, by the way) to push their boys to another level...

The Pick: Seattle 30, Washington 17

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/881 ... stications

"I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate

Post subject: Re: Bill Simmons picks Hawks over Skins
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 pm 
NET Veteran

same guy who also predicted Russell Wilson would lead us to the promised land as a rookie.

So far he's not wrong....

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Lets add the Super Bowl prediction was pre-season...

Make it or break it Simmons sticks his neck out with far fetched ideas but usually backed by sound logic

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 pm 
NET Veteran

We will see what DVOA means after Sunday. DVOA says we win it right, unless we don't win of course then they just rework the numbers?

NFC Playbook
3 x Washington
1 x Seattle (Baldinger)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

See my sig.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

I picked Texans-Seahawks on March 3rd 2011 and I'm still not wrong.

Simmons is boss.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

bestfightstory wrote:
I picked Texans-Seahawks on March 3rd 2011 and I'm still not wrong.

Simmons is boss.

Did you put 1000 bucks down in Vegas?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Here's the one thing I don't like about Simmons being on our bandwagon right now (I do acknowledge that he is one of my favorite writers and reading his initial column picking us was nothing short of amazing): But one thing that really irked me was that after our Miami collapse--or maybe the Detroit-- he jumped off our bandwagon saying he was done with us--something to that effect and still annoys me.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

SeaToTheHawks wrote:
Here's the one thing I don't like about Simmons being on our bandwagon right now (I do acknowledge that he is one of my favorite writers and reading his initial column picking us was nothing short of amazing): But one thing that really irked me was that after our Miami collapse--or maybe the Detroit-- he jumped off our bandwagon saying he was done with us--something to that effect and still annoys me.

I recall many reactions on these boards being somewhat similar. That was a tough loss. Simmons' reaction exhibited that he's kind of a fan--his reaction had a bit of hurt in it.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am 
NET Veteran

nanomoz wrote:
SeaToTheHawks wrote:

I recall many reactions on these boards being somewhat similar. That was a tough loss. Simmons' reaction exhibited that he's kind of a fan--his reaction had a bit of hurt in it.

You recall correctly. Everyone was being pussies on this board after we lost the Miami game, people were even whispering for Flynn, it was a shame.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Smoke wrote:
nanomoz wrote:
SeaToTheHawks wrote:

You recall correctly. Everyone was being pussies on this board after we lost the Miami game, people were even whispering for Flynn, it was a shame.

Pussies. The lot of them.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]