Guaranteeing The Win.

Decimation

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":28746ias said:
Twisted":28746ias said:
Lets see... are the skins a more rounded harder hitting team than the niners? more talented than the ninnrs?

how bout the rams, can the skins beat the rams?

I say no on both accounts, the hawks just skinned both those teams..

hopefully the hawks are focused and determined to flip FedEx stadium on its head, if so its going to be a hard hitting game for sure, its all or nothing at this point, all or nothing... ;)

On offense we are better than both of them. And you also lost to the Rams at their place. :) We would have beaten them on the road if not for an asinine penalty that took us out of FG range.
Quit making excuses. The Rams put 31 points on the Skins. Good teams overcome bad calls.

Sac

Reaction score
I want to pee the spray tan off of Mike Shannahan. Don't ask me how that's relevant to this discussion.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Decimation":1ysxhk87 said:
RiggoReincarnated":1ysxhk87 said:
Twisted":1ysxhk87 said:
Lets see... are the skins a more rounded harder hitting team than the niners? more talented than the ninnrs?

how bout the rams, can the skins beat the rams?

I say no on both accounts, the hawks just skinned both those teams..

hopefully the hawks are focused and determined to flip FedEx stadium on its head, if so its going to be a hard hitting game for sure, its all or nothing at this point, all or nothing... ;)

On offense we are better than both of them. And you also lost to the Rams at their place. :) We would have beaten them on the road if not for an asinine penalty that took us out of FG range.
Quit making excuses. The Rams put 31 points on the Skins. Good teams overcome bad calls.

Not making any excuses. Our defense has played much better over the last 8 games, and so has your offense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The only thing I guarantee is that the Redskins will not blow the Seahawks out. Nobody calls me chicken, Miles. Nobody. Err, I mean, Nobody blows the Seahawks out.

If you guys beat us, it won't be by more than 7. Guaranteed.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
How will Russell Wilson react to an elimination game on the road though? RGIII is 6-0 in them this season, Kirk Cousins 1-0 with a save against the Ravens.

I don't expect a blowout on either side either.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm done talking, these fans have earned a number two spot right behind the 9ers in my opinion, this is ridiculous, the game CANNOT get here soon enough.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2wjfgyue said:
How will Russell Wilson react to an elimination game on the road though? RGIII is 6-0 in them this season, Kirk Cousins 1-0 with a save against the Ravens.

I don't expect a blowout on either side either.

Start watching from the last half of the 4th quarter of the Seahawks @ Bears game. When's the last time RG3 strung together back-to-back long drives (97 yards @ end of 4th, 80 yards to start overtime) to win against an elite defense? Oh; never.

Wilson has ice in his veins. Dude doesn't know what "getting rattled" means. The real question is, how will RG3 react? Let's face it, neither of these QBs has faced this level of pressure, yet. Elimination games in the regular season are not the same thing as a playoff game. These two QBs will do their talking on the field; we'll find out which one chokes.

hawker84

Reaction score
in case you haven't been paying attention, the hawks have been playing elimination games the entire second half.. had we not won against the niners or rams, we were in danger of not making the playoffs'.. had we not won the games leading up to those games we would have not made the playoffs.....

and you hang on to the your offense is elite dream, sounds good, but in reality , you're good not elite, and your defense is mediocre,, ours is very good on the road, and elite at home..

in my opinion... if our defense shows up sunday, you're toast... because our offense will score points...

hawker232

Reaction score
I highly doubt any of our players would come out and guarantee a win. They all seem much more humble than that. BUT, if any Hawk player did come out and guarantee a win, I think it would be Sherman, ET, or Bam Bam. They're all very confident guy, especially Sherman.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
SNDavidson":g84qygnz said:
I'm done talking, these fans have earned a number two spot right behind the 9ers in my opinion, this is ridiculous, the game CANNOT get here soon enough.

9ers and now Skins fans show up here trying to change our minds instead of having discussions. That's the biggest difference between them and fans of other teams that are to talk. I'm surprised how quickly the skins fans became almost unbearable; it took 9er fans a couple of years.

Exittium

Reaction score
Im not worried about the hawks, The skins d is a joke, the only thing they know how to do is blitz, after all they almost lost to romo with 177 blitz's.. now if that isnt creative or lame.. or even just coward crap i don't know what is. Either way We'll be fine, I dont see any threat in the eddy murphy look a like

Red Beard

Reaction score
46152_4355197157953_37724993_n.jpg

Biggie & Pac are not amused by idiots.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
In the big picture, both teams are able to move the ball on the ground, through the air, with mobile, elusive, rookie QB's

Very evenly matched. I think the difference is defense, period. The Hawks just do it better. No matter how it is broken down, points, rushing or passing the Hawks are pretty good at it.

I think both teams will put up decent points in the first half, then PC will have the personnel qualified to make the proper adjustments. One thing PC's teams have been good at is that very aspect. I think the defense gets a break or two in the second half and capitalize.

I will guarantee it in the smack shack, but reality is that anything can happen and that is why we watch it like a crack addict.

drastik

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3stgld3p said:
In the big picture, both teams are able to move the ball on the ground, through the air, with mobile, elusive, rookie QB's

Very evenly matched. I think the difference is defense, period. The Hawks just do it better. No matter how it is broken down, points, rushing or passing the Hawks are pretty good at it.
To be fair, the Redskins have a terrible defense. They are ranked 28th in the NFL in defense.
-30th against the pass
-5th against the rush

The Seahawks are ranked 4th in defense.
-6th against the pass
-10th against the rush

Obviously a huge advantage for the Seahawks

The Redskins are ranked 5th in the NFL in offense.
-20th passing
-1st rushing

The Seahawks are ranked 17th in the NFL in offense.
-27th passing
-3rd rushing

Now, I will explain why I think those rankings mean absolutely nothing. The Redskins have the 28th ranked defense, yet 11 out of their 16 games have come against teams ranked in the top half of the league in offense. Giants x2, Cowboys x2, Eagles x2, Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Ravens.

Conversely, the Seahawks have played 9 offenses that rank in the bottom half of the league, statistically speaking. Cardinals x2, Rams x2, Jets, Bears, Dolphins, Vikings, Bills.

The point here is that stats are usually going to reflect the opponents you play. These two teams are pretty evenly matched in my opinion. On paper, the Seahawks have a better defense, while the Redskins have a better offense. Does that mean the game will play out that way? Certainly not. Stay tuned.

Rufus

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1omg2rrr said:
Being underdogs AT HOME to a team they beat last season, and a team that talked trash then got spanked IN ITS OWN HOUSE...yet are still favorites, is going to fire our players up beyond belief.

I think a few blowout wins (the SF one was impressive undoubtedly but they seemed flat after beating NE), have gotten to this fanbases head.

"Spanked"?

23-17 is "spanked"?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
This is the game that Russell Wilson has been preparing for his whole life.

In Russell I trust.

Shock2k

Reaction score
(((Russell + Lynch) + (Tate * Rice)) * Tanzania) = ((Redskins) / (SEAdef * Tanzania)

The Math Never Lies!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I guarantee some posters on here are going to be incredibly surprised if the Seahawks don't win, which is totally possible. Expecting/hoping your team to win and saying you guarantee that the win/other team are two completely different situations. I'm hoping the Seahawks make these posters look like "geniuses" this week.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
drastik":30v54t36 said:
loafoftatupu":30v54t36 said:

To be fair, the Redskins have a terrible defense. They are ranked 28th in the NFL in defense.
-30th against the pass
-5th against the rush

The Seahawks are ranked 4th in defense.
-6th against the pass
-10th against the rush

Obviously a huge advantage for the Seahawks

The Redskins are ranked 5th in the NFL in offense.
-20th passing
-1st rushing

The Seahawks are ranked 17th in the NFL in offense.
-27th passing
-3rd rushing

Now, I will explain why I think those rankings mean absolutely nothing. The Redskins have the 28th ranked defense, yet 11 out of their 16 games have come against teams ranked in the top half of the league in offense. Giants x2, Cowboys x2, Eagles x2, Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Ravens.

Conversely, the Seahawks have played 9 offenses that rank in the bottom half of the league, statistically speaking. Cardinals x2, Rams x2, Jets, Bears, Dolphins, Vikings, Bills.

The point here is that stats are usually going to reflect the opponents you play. These two teams are pretty evenly matched in my opinion. On paper, the Seahawks have a better defense, while the Redskins have a better offense. Does that mean the game will play out that way? Certainly not. Stay tuned.

Very good post.

Latest posts