Golden Tate

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
As a non Seahawks fan i dont follow Tate muc(not at all really). Was this year 3 for him? what has his stats been since he has joined? I liked Tate when he came out.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3pw0ldfh said:
Hawknballs":3pw0ldfh said:
endzorn":3pw0ldfh said:
I also like players on this team and would like you all to know that.

Is this meant to be a douchey smartass comment or. . . ?

A satirical yet pointed comment on the standard lately by which people lately express views without much in the way of depth or thought.

Nothing personal.

But did the response really add or bring anything else to the table expect for a hint of smart assness? How do we expect new posters to feel comfortable starting a thread when thats the kind of response they get? I would hope that this place could be better then that.

To the OP - I have been having a major man crush on Tate since the begining of the year and the relationship he is developing with Wilson seems like a good one. Hopefully we keep him around and he continues to make plays with or without the ball in his hands.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
LOL. No big on the comment, I didn't take it personally. This board has just been gushing with positive posts since I joined up and that was the first time I detected smartassery and given that the poster is obviously an active part of the forum I was just curious if they actually read the post or just assumed it was an ILOVEGOLDEN post.

Side note, I was at one of the games, can't remember which...might have been Patriots..anyways I was down buying something from the team shop, and these girls were behind me and they all had "elite" looking tate jerseys on, and I was like "Dang where'd you get those I haven't seen any tate jerseys yet" and one girl was like "My boyfriend gave them to me" and I said "oh, does he know golden tate?" at this point it sunk in but she said "He is Golden Tate".

Needless to say she was hideous...

Starrman44

Reaction score
Tate has special feet. He is like a ballet dancer. I really hope he is around for a long time.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Golden Tate's contributions come primarily through three avenues: epic YAC, great luck with jump balls this year, and Russell Wilson balling out of his mind and giving Tate (and everyone else) all week to get open downfield. Bevell has done a great job of scheming him into the offense, and of course he's won two games for us this year with his red-zone shenanigans. And I love the screen plays, even if we haven't used them since Minnesota. But I don't see a whole lot of "chemistry" with Wilson, exactly, other than the way Wilson can pretty much bust any WR open by making the secondary cover them for 18 seconds while he runs around breaking Ahmad Brooks' ankles.

taz291819

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3l9bpba0 said:
Golden Tate's contributions come primarily through three avenues: epic YAC, great luck with jump balls this year, and Russell Wilson balling out of his mind and giving Tate (and everyone else) all week to get open downfield. Bevell has done a great job of scheming him into the offense, and of course he's won two games for us this year with his red-zone shenanigans. And I love the screen plays, even if we haven't used them since Minnesota. But I don't see a whole lot of "chemistry" with Wilson, exactly, other than the way Wilson can pretty much bust any WR open by making the secondary cover them for 18 seconds while he runs around breaking Ahmad Brooks' ankles.

I agree. Tate does pretty well on jump balls, and as was said before the season started, Wilson likes to throw receivers open. Meaning, he likes to throw high, low, and/or make receivers really stretch for the ball.

And Tate's YAC is a thing of beauty.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Someone needs to make a highlight reel of him for this season when it's over. He's been really fun to watch this year.

jman316

Reaction score
Golden Tate's 3-year career stats:

11 games
21 receptions
227 yards
0 TDs

16 games
35 receptions
382 yards
3 TDs

15 games
45 receptions
688 yards
7 TDs

2013 *projected*
62 receptions
1025 yards
12 TDs

Shock2k

Reaction score
I have really been dissapointed with Tate. I was more up on Butler and Baldwin. But this year he's show a different level of, I don't know how to put it, intensity maybe? He seems to finally be "all-in."

djb28

Reaction score
He is like Branch to Brady. I just hope the team doesnt screw him around like the Pats have been to Branch for the last couple years.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
beasthawk":372sx66d said:
People on here are blunt and kid around, no need to get offended or cause static where none is needed.
So, you never get annoyed with having to sift thru a bunch of non related blather after clicking on an interesting subject?
There are other forums here on .NET that covers stuffing that's unrelated to the Seahawks.

Fight 4 Old DC

Reaction score
Love the name...I can remember two other Goldens in the NFL. Golden Flowers a WR w/ Dallas or Denver and Golden Ruel ( ! ) a lineman for the I wanna say the 49's maybe.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Hawknballs":38gatz9h said:
LOL. No big on the comment, I didn't take it personally. This board has just been gushing with positive posts since I joined up and that was the first time I detected smartassery and given that the poster is obviously an active part of the forum I was just curious if they actually read the post or just assumed it was an ILOVEGOLDEN post.

Side note, I was at one of the games, can't remember which...might have been Patriots..anyways I was down buying something from the team shop, and these girls were behind me and they all had "elite" looking tate jerseys on, and I was like "Dang where'd you get those I haven't seen any tate jerseys yet" and one girl was like "My boyfriend gave them to me" and I said "oh, does he know golden tate?" at this point it sunk in but she said "He is Golden Tate".

Needless to say she was hideous...

Was this the girl?
A9cy7JKCUAE9TOP

Cause that's Golden's girl.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Tate had two game-saving plays in the week 17 Rams game. First, recovering BeastMode's fumble; second, a very impressive play, breaking up a sure pick by a Rams DB. Neither really showed on the stat sheet, but that's at least 2 games where Tate's remarkable individual plays made a direct difference in getting a W instead of an L.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Man these players gotta start using their celebrity platform to lure in some better looking women... Some of these ladies don't look satisfactory for people not making 500k + playing a game. Should rollin with dimes.

I like how he had stepped up this year. We've figured out his limitations and his special talents and are using him as close to perfect ad possible. Resign is okay by me but only, obviously, for the right price. To many contracts coming up soon to overspend for any players other then the stars. Sherman, Chancellor etc