Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Redskins)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":228mh29y said:
There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).

Interesting, coming from someone who's signature argument thus far has been a 2011 game between Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and Tarvaris Jackson.[/quote]

The only part of that argument was the success of our offense versus your secondary. I concede Russell Wilson and your offense will be a much greater challenge this year. However, I don't find any reason to believe your defense will hold us under 20 points on our home turf, not the way we are playing now. Not with our offense vastly improved, and not after a less talented QB, RB, and WR corps put up 450 yards on you guys at your house just last season. I've heard your LB play is better this year, fine...but is that enough to offset our offense - where we've focused fastly over the past offseason with RGIII and putting balanced weaponry around him?

However, these predictions of 21 point blowouts on the road in a road playoff game make me laugh. We aren't the Buffalo Bills.[/quote]
No you aren't. Seattle beat the Bills by 33. Beating you by 21 is respect.

Fox0r

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3i5l0tu5 said:
kmedic":3i5l0tu5 said:
I think this game is close to the end. The problem is that the Hawks defense has yet to show us that they can stop a team on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. After some RW heroics, I envision us being up by 3-6 points with a few minutes left but end up losing after our defense crumbles in front of their home crowd. This is the one major weak link the Hawks have and I see it coming out once again in the playoffs (if not this week then certainly the following week). The Hawks have showed us a lot this season and we have much to be proud of but I feel we're gonna come up agonizingly short once again on the road.

Skins 23
Hawks 21

You, sir, have hit on the insecurity smoldering in the back of my gut. I fear we will do everything right to win this game, and still lose it. The blowout wins and the show in Buffalo have not blocked out the memories of Detroit and Miami. That said, I would love to see Wilson light up that weak Washington secondary.

Our defense closed it out against the Rams.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Fox0r":bvqrxpxe said:
WindCityHawk":bvqrxpxe said:
kmedic":bvqrxpxe said:
I think this game is close to the end. The problem is that the Hawks defense has yet to show us that they can stop a team on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. After some RW heroics, I envision us being up by 3-6 points with a few minutes left but end up losing after our defense crumbles in front of their home crowd. This is the one major weak link the Hawks have and I see it coming out once again in the playoffs (if not this week then certainly the following week). The Hawks have showed us a lot this season and we have much to be proud of but I feel we're gonna come up agonizingly short once again on the road.

Skins 23
Hawks 21

You, sir, have hit on the insecurity smoldering in the back of my gut. I fear we will do everything right to win this game, and still lose it. The blowout wins and the show in Buffalo have not blocked out the memories of Detroit and Miami. That said, I would love to see Wilson light up that weak Washington secondary.

Our defense closed it out against the Rams.

Though...that was at home. My bad.

Fox0r

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2mmzieov said:
That won't happen because you don't have a shot at winning this game. You guys have a good young(ish) team and are probably going to win several division titles over the coming years, maybe even a SB, but not this year. This year you have no shot at making it out of the wildcard round.

Disagree with you peaches. People said we had no shot against the Saints two years ago, too. Pride comes before the fall.

With that said, I think we win...but I'm not banking on a chip shot.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Fox0r":3pvhnd3a said:
peachesenregalia":3pvhnd3a said:
That won't happen because you don't have a shot at winning this game. You guys have a good young(ish) team and are probably going to win several division titles over the coming years, maybe even a SB, but not this year. This year you have no shot at making it out of the wildcard round.

Disagree with you peaches. People said we had no shot against the Saints two years ago, too. Pride comes before the fall.

With that said, I think we win...but I'm not banking on a chip shot.

That Saints was coming in practically crippled. The Seahawks are relatively healthy, though I get your point.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Redskins are good. But their time in not here yet, as they still have some work to do on Defense.

Seahawks 24
Redskins 17

My Record to Date: 8-8

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
For some reason I'm feeling this could be a low-scoring affair.

Seattle 17
Washington 13

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Well, I've got a lot of my students rooting with me against the Redskins, because my school is full of Cowboys fans. So that's nice.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1rrkzhg3 said:
Well, I've got a lot of my students rooting with me against the Redskins, because my school is full of Cowboys fans. So that's nice.
I didn't know you taught special ed.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawksfan515":392aii4e said:
Skins 31
Hawks 24
Interesting that you think our D will give up 31 to the Redskins...why is that?

Hawks 34
Redskins 13

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Skins 20

Seahawks 17

And it'll be a really irritating defeat too.

Record in regular season: 7-9

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":14285vdn said:
Seattle Seahawks 27
Washington Redskins 17

That's the score I've been thinking.

I see WAS getting 2 TDs and up to 3 FG opportunities. If they make just 1 FG, we ice the game with a Marshawn TD and 1:39 on the clock. D plays prevent; final play is a Stanford-style pitch-fest, ball carrier tackled at the 43 with time expired. Seahawks win 27-17.

If WAS makes all 3 FGs, Seahawks win 27-23, on a come-from-behind game-winning drive and TD pass by Russell with less than :20 on the clock. D plays prevent, tackles receiver in bounds, clock dwindles and runs out before timeout-less WAS can spike it. Game over.

Why not get specific about it? ;)

CHawks4L

Reaction score
I'll play...

I do hope if we win the toss we take the ball and start off on offense. First time I've ever wanted that, but I believe we can drive the field and put some points on the opening drive. I feel Skins will be quite aggressive in 1Q, but I think we can handle that. Once they settle in and try and run the ball, that's when it goes downhill for WAS... their WRs will get beat up trying to block our corners and then they will become less effective in the passing game. The slot WRs will be saved though, and they will have some success, but the SEAfense won't break and allow many TDs.

At half, Hawks up 16-10.

DangeRuss will continue to be clutch and convert when needed. Hawks will slowly pull away, and then go into cruise while WAS makes a subtle 4Q comeback but only on the scoreboard (not in the momentum).

Seahawks 30
Redskins 20

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1galdq7y said:
MontanaHawk05":1galdq7y said:
I didn't know you taught special ed.
:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:
That is some funny shit Jay.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that I really believe the Redskins will not score.

I'm serious.

If I'm right, I hope I can find this post.

Seahawks 27-0.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2zzjekbp said:
It just occurred to me that I really believe the Redskins will not score.

I'm serious.

If I'm right, I hope I can find this post.

Seahawks 27-0.

You'll be lucky if we don't score...in ONE QUARTER.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2qtim8j9 said:
RiggoReincarnated":2qtim8j9 said:
There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).

Interesting, coming from someone who's signature argument thus far has been a 2011 game between Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and Tarvaris Jackson.

The only part of that argument was the success of our offense versus your secondary. I concede Russell Wilson and your offense will be a much greater challenge this year. However, I don't find any reason to believe your defense will hold us under 20 points on our home turf, not the way we are playing now. Not with our offense vastly improved, and not after a less talented QB, RB, and WR corps put up 450 yards on you guys at your house just last season. I've heard your LB play is better this year, fine...but is that enough to offset our offense - where we've focused fastly over the past offseason with RGIII and putting balanced weaponry around him?

However, these predictions of 21 point blowouts on the road in a road playoff game make me laugh. We aren't the Buffalo Bills.[/quote]
No you aren't. Seattle beat the Bills by 33. Beating you by 21 is respect.[/quote]

LOL we beat the 49ers by 35 in the 2005 season...didn't ever use that as rationale for why we were ready to win against you at your house.