It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • BlueTalon wrote:they're doing the pre-game readying of excuses.

Not me. If we win, I don't want an asterisk besides the win through the absence of an opponents Pro Bowl level player. Its sweeter to beat someone at their best.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• SkinsGuru wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Well, its true. lol

It is true,,It's true that he doesn't fear ANY Redskins Receivers.
    He was accused of using adderall early in the Season, BUT, Sherman has been outstanding in many games this Season where there was NO hint of Adderall use,, so like him or hate him, He's that good.

i don't know if he did or did not use Adderall and really don't care either way . . . with how much money we have to pay to go to a game or buy a jersey or whatever athletes should be forced to use PED's so we can get our money's worth (just kidding) . . . BUT, how do you know there was NO hint of Adderall use . . . all Adderall will do for a player is allow then to think more clearly and to react more quickly . . . he seems to be pretty good at both of those (on the field anyway), so how do you know he didn't show any signs of Adderall use??

I think everyone can agree the NFL works differently than the US legal system. In the NFL you're guilty until proven innocent. Goodell and his staff hate being wrong. If he's still allowed to play, I'm inclined to believe he's very innocent of any wrongdoing.
    rabbit jacker
    NET Practice Squad

• SkinsGuru wrote:BUT, how do you know there was NO hint of Adderall use . . . all Adderall will do for a player is allow then to think more clearly and to react more quickly . . . he seems to be pretty good at both of those (on the field anyway), so how do you know he didn't show any signs of Adderall use??

Excellent point Guru. I've often though that everyone else was on heroin except me! And now that you've pointed out that I have no proof that everyone else isn't on heroin, and you all seem crazy to me...how am I to believe that you all indeed are not hallucinating my very existence?
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I can hear the excuses now, RG-III had a boo boo or broken leg or something and couldn't play up to his capabilities/the Seahawks didn't beat their asses, the Skins just had a bad day, like their classless fans and soon to be figured out QB.

If Mr RG-III gets to meet Mr Chancellor early in the game, then we'll see Cousins take the beating for most of the rest of the game. Who is their 3-rd string QB now anyway? He should start praying for his own safety right now.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• SoCalSeahawk wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:BUT, how do you know there was NO hint of Adderall use . . . all Adderall will do for a player is allow then to think more clearly and to react more quickly . . . he seems to be pretty good at both of those (on the field anyway), so how do you know he didn't show any signs of Adderall use??

Excellent point Guru. I've often though that everyone else was on heroin except me! And now that you've pointed out that I have no proof that everyone else isn't on heroin, and you all seem crazy to me...how am I to believe that you all indeed are not hallucinating my very existence?

Mind=Blown! :187734: :dummy:
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

• SoCalSeahawk wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:BUT, how do you know there was NO hint of Adderall use . . . all Adderall will do for a player is allow then to think more clearly and to react more quickly . . . he seems to be pretty good at both of those (on the field anyway), so how do you know he didn't show any signs of Adderall use??

LOL
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad

• We are in a division that has Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Moss ok well I'll retract that one, we have played the Packers and shut them down, Cowboys with Bryant and I could go on.

Sherman has played against the best in the league and won the day against them all. Why should he be concerned with two guys that will be lucky to get off the line let alone make catchs.

Garcon - yr 2012 rec 44 - yds 633 - avg 14.4 tds 4 long 88 rcpt per game 4.4 yds per game 63.3

Moss - yr 2012 rec 41 - yds 573 - avg 14.0 tds 8 long 77 rcpt per game 2.6 yds per game 35.8

Yeah Sherman is scared shitless.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• lol Kedric Golston played under Gregg Williams for 2 years when he was the Redskins DC, he probably got paid to lay a couple dirty hits and then lie about it. Whole Redskins team probably did, so you know theres still some players leftover from that regime that fuel their own Bounty program in the locker room to this day lol

Hope you enjoy your front row seats to the game, Kedric! With those 16 tackles this year you arent gonna be playing much this Sunday
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:If Mr RG-III gets to meet Mr Chancellor early in the game, then we'll see Cousins take the beating for most of the rest of the game. Who is their 3-rd string QB now anyway? He should start praying for his own safety right now.

The one that went 26 of 35 for 314 and 2 TDs in your loss at home last year..... Sexy Rexy lmao.

Oh and chris: Garcon did that in 9 games and 1qtr :p
    LuvMySkins
    NET Bench Warmer

• LuvMySkins wrote:
    CamanoIslandJQ wrote:If Mr RG-III gets to meet Mr Chancellor early in the game, then we'll see Cousins take the beating for most of the rest of the game. Who is their 3-rd string QB now anyway? He should start praying for his own safety right now.

The one that went 26 of 35 for 314 and 2 TDs in your loss at home last year..... Sexy Rexy lmao.

Oh and chris: Garcon did that in 9 games and 1qtr :p

Lol that was in 2011. It's 2013 now, and we're a completely different team.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Yeah the fearsome secondarys of the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles I'm sure stiffled his stats.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:We are in a division that has Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Moss ok well I'll retract that one, we have played the Packers and shut them down, Cowboys with Bryant and I could go on.

Sherman has played against the best in the league and won the day against them all. Why should he be concerned with two guys that will be lucky to get off the line let alone make catchs.

Garcon - yr 2012 rec 44 - yds 633 - avg 14.4 tds 4 long 88 rcpt per game 4.4 yds per game 63.3

Moss - yr 2012 rec 41 - yds 573 - avg 14.0 tds 8 long 77 rcpt per game 2.6 yds per game 35.8

Garcon's stats are a bit misleading . . . he missed like 7 games and shouldn't have played in another 2 . . . those stats are over 7 games basically . . .

Moss is the 3rd WR . . . Hankerson also has 543 yards and Morgan has 510 and Adrick Robinson doesn't do much, but does catch deep passes and is fast as hell . . . besides Garcon, who is better than you guys give him credit for (he has far out performed my expectations of him that i had we we signed him), we have a bunch of decent to good, not great WR's . . . but in this offense its the system that gets players open and ShannyCo has done a great job of scheming these decent to good WR's open all year . . .
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad

• SkinsGuru wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:We are in a division that has Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Moss ok well I'll retract that one, we have played the Packers and shut them down, Cowboys with Bryant and I could go on.

Garcon's stats are a bit misleading . . . he missed like 7 games and shouldn't have played in another 2 . . . those stats are over 7 games basically . . .

Moss is the 3rd WR . . . Hankerson also has 543 yards and Morgan has 510 and Adrick Robinson doesn't do much, but does catch deep passes and is fast as hell . . . besides Garcon, who is better than you guys give him credit for (he has far out performed my expectations of him that i had we we signed him), we have a bunch of decent to good, not great WR's . . . but in this offense its the system that gets players open and ShannyCo has done a great job of scheming these decent to good WR's open all year . . .

I can understand the appreciation, we have a simular situation with Baldwin, this is more of a respnse to the statement that Sherman made about being worried about your receivers. Compared to those he has covered already this season. You need the running game to work to free up your guys for the dink and dunks, nobody gets deep against us unless it's luicky and Thomas is on a called Blitz. He plays centerfield back there and anything deep is doubled up fast by the time a ball gets there.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:We are in a division that has Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Moss ok well I'll retract that one, we have played the Packers and shut them down, Cowboys with Bryant and I could go on.

I can understand the appreciation, we have a simular situation with Baldwin, this is more of a respnse to the statement that Sherman made about being worried about your receivers. Compared to those he has covered already this season. You need the running game to work to free up your guys for the dink and dunks, nobody gets deep against us unless it's luicky and Thomas is on a called Blitz. He plays centerfield back there and anything deep is doubled up fast by the time a ball gets there.

ahh . . . gotcha . . . that i have no issue with at all as he shouldn't be afraid of any WR or he shouldn't be playing the game . . .
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    Hey, your homie Sherman said it way before I did. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... n-redskins

You're calling me classless, after pointing out the cocky trash coming out of your players' and fans mouths all week? I'm not looking to be a troll, just want some honest discussion. Before this thread, I felt honestly like if were my team were to lose this weekend, I could honestly pull for the Hawks to win their first Super Bowl. Now, I'm not so sure.

READ the link you were provided to FACTUAL info. 1. The sampler LIED about the cup leaking and was CAUGHT. 2. If the test is positive, a verification test mus be taken by a DIFFERENT tester...in this case, the SAME tester performed BOTH tests. 3. The PH of the sample taken on-site didn't match the PH taken at the lab (meaning it's not the same sample).

You continue to turn a blind eye to factual info we provide, and continue to stir things up, so I'd say a ban is coming you way soon. You are acting like a child.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• D angelo Hall is a punk and was swearing in front of a minor at the coin flip of our game last year. A Punk of Punks, or king of punks if you will. Who cares what anyone else says, especially a crappy DL player.

We are going to kick these punk bitches asses Sunday...DONE.
    Last edited by Largent80 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• HawKnPeppa wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    Hey, your homie Sherman said it way before I did. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... n-redskins

You're calling me classless, after pointing out the cocky trash coming out of your players' and fans mouths all week? I'm not looking to be a troll, just want some honest discussion. Before this thread, I felt honestly like if were my team were to lose this weekend, I could honestly pull for the Hawks to win their first Super Bowl. Now, I'm not so sure.

READ the link you were provided to FACTUAL info. 1. The sampler LIED about the cup leaking and was CAUGHT. 2. If the test is positive, a verification test mus be taken by a DIFFERENT tester...in this case, the SAME tester performed BOTH tests. 3. The PH of the sample taken on-site didn't match the PH taken at the lab (meaning it's not the same sample).

You continue to turn a blind eye to factual info we provide, and continue to stir things up, so I'd say a ban is coming you way soon. You are acting like a child.

We won't be that fortunate.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Quote=Before this thread, I felt honestly like if were my team were to lose this weekend, I could honestly pull for the Hawks to win their first Super Bowl. Now, I'm not so sure.=quote/

You know what dude.....Good on ya.

But I could care less of what fans wish us well on our super bowl quest. I'm quite tired of being nice.

I want to kick your ass, your teams ass, and every ass that stands in the way of my team winning a super bowl.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:D angelo Hall is a punk and was swearing in front of a minor at the coin flip of our game last year. A Punk of Punks, or king of punks if you will. Who cares what anyone else says, especially a crappy DL player.

We are going to kick these punk bitches asses Sunday...DONE.

LOL watch the video. Kid wasn't anywhere nearby before Robinson shoved Hall.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• it was HIS MOUTH dude. Thats ok, we pay back on the field Sunday, when it counts most.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• HawKnPeppa wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:

I just read the link. I am sorry for using the word choice I did and he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Just an emotional week, victory over Dallas, not wanting to your team again in the playoffs, then Sherman's braggadocio annoyed me yesterday. At least our players give some credit where its due in terms of the opposition.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Largent80 wrote:it was HIS MOUTH dude. Thats ok, we pay back on the field Sunday, when it counts most.

And like I said earlier, Hargrove and Washington have their backs turned so who knows what they were saying to Hall as well.

Like many have stated though, if either team needs this to "get up" for Sunday, they are going to lose.

You guys are beginning to feel like a division rival lol...haven't felt this much animosity from a fanbase since the 90s.

If the meaningless game last season with no implications had that much chippiness, can only imagine what Sunday will bring.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Check this out man. We have almost 40 years of chippiness. I just want to knock the shit out of everyone, and YOU are in the way. But not for long. Enjoy. :twisted:

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:Check this out man. We have almost 40 years of chippiness. I just want to knock the shit out of everyone, and YOU are in the way. But not for long. Enjoy. :twisted:

I was a teenager the last time my Skins won the SB. I almost wish that hadn't happened, because the last 21 years have been mostly miserable.

I don't know what's worse though - being irrelevant for years or losing out in the playoffs. The tension this week is fun as hell and I sure don't want it to end.

I think in 2005 I was still of the mentality of "hey Gibbs is leading us into the playoffs with a 5 game win streak, we can do it!" and was feeling a bit naive and just happy. Hadn't known much postseason failure with Gibbs.

You guys really should have won the Super Bowl in 05 though...the refs were outright bad in that game.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Being nice guys for so long has got us a bunch of humanitarian awards but no Super Bowl.

The Skins being from a place thats a District and not part of the US proper, being at a spot that represents our Constitution in all men are created equal and that we shall not have prejucdice but you have a prejudicial team name in the Redskins, more crooks per square mile in Lawyer and Politicians then anywhere else, add in it had the highest Murder Rate in the Country in a long time. Mayor was busted for Cocaine.

We can talk a lot about moral fiber and character, just don't think you have the tools in the shed to come out on top in this arguement.

So now that we are aggressive and take no crap from anyone everyone is saying were big meanies and that were not playing fair.

There is a hole that all that stuff can be put in, I'm sure if needed thier will be many that can help you shove it.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Being nice guys for so long has got us a bunch of humanitarian awards but no Super Bowl.

The Skins being from a place thats a District and not part of the US proper, being at a spot that represents our Constitution in all men are created equal and that we shall not have prejucdice but you have a prejudicial team name in the Redskins, more crooks per square mile in Lawyer and Politicians then anywhere else, add in it had the highest Murder Rate in the Country in a long time. Mayor was busted for Cocaine.

We can talk a lot about moral fiber and character, just don't think you have the tools in the shed to come out on top in this arguement.

So now that we are aggressive and take no crap from anyone everyone is saying were big meanies and that were not playing fair.

There is a hole that all that stuff can be put in, I'm sure if needed thier will be many that can help you shove it.

I actually don't live in DC proper, about an hour away. They've always been my team though - so when the Ravens moved into Baltimore I felt no desire to switch. Plus my Italian father adopted this sport and it was something we used to always watch together and holler at the TV each weekend...winning again brings back alot of nostalgia.

I'm aware of alot of the BS that goes on in DC...just pick up the paper each day. People have joked that RGIII should have gone to Congress to ensure the fiscal cliff deal got done because the Redskins seem to be the only thing alot of people in the city can agree on.

I'll argue though that the team has showed a ton of resilience and heart the last half of the season. The Seahawks are a big obstacle.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

chris98251 wrote:Being nice guys for so long has got us a bunch of humanitarian awards but no Super Bowl.

I actually don't live in DC proper, about an hour away. They've always been my team though - so when the Ravens moved into Baltimore I felt no desire to switch. Plus my Italian father adopted this sport and it was something we used to always watch together and holler at the TV each weekend...winning again brings back alot of nostalgia.

I'm aware of alot of the BS that goes on in DC...just pick up the paper each day. People have joked that RGIII should have gone to Congress to ensure the fiscal cliff deal got done because the Redskins seem to be the only thing alot of people in the city can agree on.

I'll argue though that the team has showed a ton of resilience and heart the last half of the season. The Seahawks are a big obstacle.

we accept your apology :thirishdrinkers: now, may the best team win! :0190l:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

HawKnPeppa wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:

I just read the link. I am sorry for using the word choice I did and he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Just an emotional week, victory over Dallas, not wanting to your team again in the playoffs, then Sherman's braggadocio annoyed me yesterday. At least our players give some credit where its due in terms of the opposition.

Right...D Hall talks trash to a ref and supposedly threatened him and Sherman's "a punk." I get it...Sherman's the type of player you'll hate on an opposing team but love if he was on yours. But don't come on here acting like your team is full of humble sportsmen.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• SkinsGuru wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Well, its true. lol

He was accused of using adderall early in the Season, BUT, Sherman has been outstanding in many games this Season where there was NO hint of Adderall use,, so like him or hate him, He's that good.

i don't know if he did or did not use Adderall and really don't care either way . . . with how much money we have to pay to go to a game or buy a jersey or whatever athletes should be forced to use PED's so we can get our money's worth (just kidding) . . . BUT, how do you know there was NO hint of Adderall use . . . all Adderall will do for a player is allow then to think more clearly and to react more quickly . . . he seems to be pretty good at both of those (on the field anyway), so how do you know he didn't show any signs of Adderall use??

The problem I have with the assumption that he was/is using the stuff, is that, ASSUMPTION is all you got.
    That testing of Adderall was supposedly taken early in the Season, so by the time the shit hit the fan on he and Browner and the accusations were publicized, Sherman KNEW that if he were doing the shit, while the investigation was under way, that he would have been running the risk of ruining his career.
    Only a complete simpelton would have kept on using, agreed?
    He's played outstanding in nearly 29 games, and you attribute all his success to Adderall?,,I think people are short on intellect if they truly believe that.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Well, its true. lol

The problem I have with the assumption that he was/is using the stuff, is that, ASSUMPTION is all you got.
    That testing of Adderall was supposedly taken early in the Season, so by the time the shit hit the fan on he and Browner and the accusations were publicized, Sherman KNEW that if he were doing the shit, while the investigation was under way, that he would have been running the risk of ruining his career.
    Only a complete simpelton would have kept on using, agreed?
    He's played outstanding in nearly 29 games, and you attribute all his success to Adderall?,,I think people are short on intellect if they truly believe that.

lol . . . i'm not contributing his success to adderall at all . . . don't know if he did or didn't use it . . . don't care . . . just pointing out that you can't watch the way he played and say that is proof he wasn't on something . . . just like someone else earlier said that maybe the "tester" didn't like him and squirted adderall into his sample . . . there is no proof of that either, but its possible, highly unlikely, but possible . . . we will most likely never know the whole truth here . . . and again, who cares!!! . . .

p.s. . . . the Redskins and Seahawks playoff game is less that two days away . . .
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad

• Their guy made an accusation. Called our guy a name that disregards our guy's integrity. Was not directly asked. Volunteered this opinion.

Our guy said he was not worried about their receivers. In response to a direct question, gave a direct answer.

Just to summarize.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• They're looking for every excuse they can come up with for why they lost before the game is even played. The Seahawks are already in their heads. I LOVE IT.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Plus the ph of the piss at the lab didn't match the ph of the piss at the time of collection.

The piss was tainted.

Take that you hater!

Damn, Bro, you know a lot about Sherman's piss. :180670:
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• Rocket wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Plus the ph of the piss at the lab didn't match the ph of the piss at the time of collection.

The piss was tainted.

Take that you hater!

thats because he was the tester that planted the adderall . . . lol
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad

• SkinsGuru wrote:
    Rocket wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Plus the ph of the piss at the lab didn't match the ph of the piss at the time of collection.

The piss was tainted.

Take that you hater!

thats because he was the tester that planted the adderall . . . lol

At least you admit the adderall was planted :grin:
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Actually, he knows very little about Sherman's piss.

The most interesting thing? No one seems to be bringing up the fact that THE DAY THEY ANNOUNCED THE APPEAL WAS WON Sherman was "randomly" tested.

He's not on Adderall. If he was, that test would have been hot, the results would have been leaked, and hotheaded fans would right now be demanding that he be instantly suspended for PED before this playoff game.

I will be very happy when the Seahawks bounce the Redskins for the third time in a row from the playoffs. Honestly, I didn't have much of a beef with Redskins fans up until reading this thread, and the ridiculous ignorant spew... I've always reserved at least 95% of my dislike of the NFC East for Dallas, but I may have to reconsider that ratio...

People keep talking like Sherman's performance is due to PED. Well, it's not. He's taking away half of the field and still getting interceptions against great quarterbacks like Sam Bradford, without any enhancement, as is clear by his recent clean test. He's been playing the last several games without enhancement and under ridiculous scrutiny and doing just fine, thank you very much...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Being a decent person doesn't mean I have to like all your players or even respect them. Did you think OJ was guilty? I did. Do I think Sherman used something? Yes. He got off on a technicality...good for him and the Seahawks. In retrospect I should have said "probably" before true.

Wasn't speaking so much to just this subject. Just my observations of your visit this week. Maybe losing the weight and approaching the lady you mentioned those few years ago has changed your perspective? Or just life and time moving on? A lot more adversarial vs trying to fit into the community last time. I am not expecting you to drink the Seahawks Kool-Aid but didn't expect the scorched earth posting style.

If your Skins win, congrats. If they don't, sorry it didn't work out. Take care.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• BocciHawk wrote:Actually, he knows very little about Sherman's piss.

I just wanted to quote this.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• sherman was almost better when the 'heat was on' and he couldn't take peds (assuming he'd ever taken peds in the first place, which i doubt).

just after the 'ped scandal' started, sherman's play went up a notch. it was like he was in a kind of lull before that. or so it seemed to me.

so, he had a couple of his best-ever games, and with all of the scrutiny from the league, there's no way he could have been on peds at the time.

like i said, he probably never took peds to begin with; but it seems like he's been incredible lately regardless of that.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• mrblitz wrote:sherman was almost better when the 'heat was on' and he couldn't take peds (assuming he'd ever taken peds in the first place, which i doubt).

just after the 'ped scandal' started, sherman's play went up a notch. it was like he was in a kind of lull before that. or so it seemed to me.

so, he had a couple of his best-ever games, and with all of the scrutiny from the league, there's no way he could have been on peds at the time.

like i said, he probably never took peds to begin with; but it seems like he's been incredible lately regardless of that.

Truth! Noticed that myself. If he was ever on anything...these last couple weeks have shown, he doesn't need them AT ALL!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Besides, the only thing Adderal would enhance would be his trash talking
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• Still not sure how Richard Sherman saying he's not worried about the Redskins' receivers is considered trash talk.

He was asked a specific question, and he answered candidly.

What was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to say "They all frighten me to the point that I can't sleep at night. I sure hope Coach Carrol doesn't put me out on the field, because I don't think I can stop them!"?
    Medically Retired, 80% Disabled Navy Veteran - 1997 - 2009
    Yakimaniac
    NET Rookie

• Yakimaniac wrote:Still not sure how Richard Sherman saying he's not worried about the Redskins' receivers is considered trash talk.

He was asked a specific question, and he answered candidly.

What was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to say "They all frighten me to the point that I can't sleep at night. I sure hope Coach Carrol doesn't put me out on the field, because I don't think I can stop them!"?

No, but I would have thought he'd say something like "no one receiver may stand out, but they have a balanced attack and we all have to play good disciplined football on Sunday and take their crowd out of the game". Something to that effect.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• No, but I would have thought he'd say something like "no one receiver may stand out, but they have a balanced attack and we all have to play good disciplined football on Sunday and take their crowd out of the game". Something to that effect.

Riggo, Sherman is just Sherman. He is arguably one of the best, if not the best CB in the league. And as fans, honestly we like his talk, because he does back it up. Realize too, he's gone up against some good recievers this year from some of the best offenses in the NFL. So I don't think you will see anyone here attempt to defend him (because we love ourselves some Sherman). But hey, we will see when he finally gets blown up in a game, if that ever happens.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• drdiags wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Being a decent person doesn't mean I have to like all your players or even respect them. Did you think OJ was guilty? I did. Do I think Sherman used something? Yes. He got off on a technicality...good for him and the Seahawks. In retrospect I should have said "probably" before true.

Wasn't speaking so much to just this subject. Just my observations of your visit this week. Maybe losing the weight and approaching the lady you mentioned those few years ago has changed your perspective? Or just life and time moving on? A lot more adversarial vs trying to fit into the community last time. I am not expecting you to drink the Seahawks Kool-Aid but didn't expect the scorched earth posting style.

If your Skins win, congrats. If they don't, sorry it didn't work out. Take care.

You remember that? Now I feel badly. I suppose its a combination of things - though on the other hand - I'm noticing a much more scorched-earth style hear and other places from Seattle fans as well. Maybe its because both teams have good reason to feel they've found long term solutions versus temporary fixes. I guess I was surprised by people here posting predictions of scores of 21 point plus wins for you guys. It kind of reminds me the way everybody was talking about the 2007 Patriots going into the playoffs that year.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Shock2k wrote:
    No, but I would have thought he'd say something like "no one receiver may stand out, but they have a balanced attack and we all have to play good disciplined football on Sunday and take their crowd out of the game". Something to that effect.

Riggo, Sherman is just Sherman. He is arguably one of the best, if not the best CB in the league. And as fans, honestly we like his talk, because he does back it up. Realize too, he's gone up against some good recievers this year from some of the best offenses in the NFL. So I don't think you will see anyone here attempt to defend him (because we love ourselves some Sherman). But hey, we will see when he finally gets blown up in a game, if that ever happens.

How do you think he got so good so fast? 5th round draft pick etc. Do you think most people passed him over because 6'3 just isn't typical corner size?

I'm amazed at how well your secondary turned out, given there was relatively little noise about any of them coming into the league.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• There's been overcompensation from both sides. Which is pretty typical of a lot of "promise" in something but no real "attainment". Not to say that I care, I like letting myself get overconfident (like it will have any result on the actual game).
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Shock2k wrote:There's been overcompensation from both sides. Which is pretty typical of a lot of "promise" in something but no real "attainment". Not to say that I care, I like letting myself get overconfident (like it will have any result on the actual game).

Good point. Also both teams had to fight to make it in the playoffs...was definitely not a given for either team. You all didn't clinch a spot until after week 16 - us week 17. Both teams haven't lost since November, and yet there is a realization that one team's streak is going to come to an end, etc.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Shock2k wrote:

How do you think he got so good so fast? 5th round draft pick etc. Do you think most people passed him over because 6'3 just isn't typical corner size?

I'm amazed at how well your secondary turned out, given there was relatively little noise about any of them coming into the league.

things like this happen in Seattle since these boys came along and saved us, another 5th rounder thats pretty damn good is Kam Chancellor, oh AND Browner was straight outta the CFL. Don't be so naive, people find starters as UDFA, we just find gems that never would've gotten a shot or would've had move positions because of their size (Browner, Chancellor, and Sherman). Pete Carroll knows what he's doing, I think its time for the rest of the league to notice this, this isn't the same Carroll that got his legs cut out from under him in New England, and this isn't the same guy from the Jets, and might not even be the same guy from USC.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Not being naive, I realize finding talent in odd places happens (eg Morris as a 6th rounder)....but your whole secondary's assembly as a collective whole is outright impressive.

Will be interesting to see if more teams start to try following this model of tall physical DBs in the future.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information