If Ken Griffey Jr. Never existed....

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Would "The Kid" be a shoe-in for a Russell Wilson nickname? It would sure beat RW3

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
BlueTalon":opqcp8i3 said:
Meh. Nicknames are better when they happen spontaneously.

I agree. That's kinda what made me think of it. In that 3-10 to DC video when Wilson threw a TD the announcer said "The kid has done it again"--or something of that nature. Kinda' made me think that in a different time had there not already been a Seattle icon nicknamed "The Kid" it could've stuck.

Seaman

Reaction score
Good point. I never thought to call him that, but honestly, a baby-faced rookie making veteran plays really makes you think about a nickname like "the kid". Oh well... Hopefully a real nickname will come along for him....

chris98251

Reaction score
If Ken Griffey never existed we probably would still have the Sonics since the Mariners would be in Florida.

GoHawks

Reaction score
I like it - on a side note: with alot of local media and teammates referring to him as the "kid", it kind of reminds me of that line in the movie "The Client" , during the courtroom scene where he tells the attorney's " quit referring to me as the child"

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If Dave Krieg never existed we could call him "Mudbone".

If Rockhawk never existed we could call him "really handsome but totally not in a gay way".

See? This game is fun!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is more mature than 90% of the NFL, not to mention most fans. I don't see anything about the guy that makes me think "kid".

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1guzw03s said:
What, if, like, Hitler never existed, man? Like, would there be peace and stuff?

Then Russell "The Little Corporal" Wilson would have been the nickname.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":1qtsqwir said:
RW5/8ths!
Rg3 ,LT,T jack, AP,
Sorry these are initials not nick names .
The NFL has really no good nicknames right now except
The red rifle Andy Dalton see that's a nick name.

Remember the Nigerian nightmare , night train lane, billy white shoes Johnston, flipper Anderson ,the snake . These are nicknames creative and descriptive .
My nickname is DJ since we really just use initials now a days.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think 2 short is a rad nickname... Maybe 3short.

irocdave

Reaction score
Nicknames are for guys with a goofey, light hearted side. Last time I checked Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers and Drew Beeze dont have " nicknames". Aaron Rodgers is sometimes refered to as A Rod but the poser in the NY Yankees uni is the real AROD. If your great in the NFL you dont need a nickname. Griffey was the kid. in BB. That nickname wasnt given to him by Seattle fans....rather a Yankee manager. Man I am feeling my 43 years of age lately. Russel Wilson should be known as Russel Wilson. When any kid in the nataion associates the name Russel with footbal greatness than greatness has been acheived by Russel. Marketing driven nicknames are short lived.

Stop with the tardery already.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i had thought griffey was 'the kid' because his dad had been a star outfielder in baseball.