This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: Wild Card Edition!

KDawg_ES

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":1u1it7ig said:
Does it matter?

Absolutely it matters.

This is just an example of how a few doesn't represent the whole like some of you guys at ES paint us.

Key being that you said, "some of you guys". I don't paint you as anything. You're looking at the vocal minority.

Why even post there unless you don't get hugged at home then? All that happens there are people patting each other on the back.

:eek: I get hugged plenty. Don't worry.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
This was more or less directed at those who do paint this fanbase as such and not directly at you KDawg, you seem like a decent individual. :thirishdrinkers:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Shock2k":33o57iae said:
Hey guys, I didn't mean to sow hate. I literally thought it was funny I was already banned. I think Blue Talon is the only one they haven't banned. I'm really happy with all our fans on this board. One thing you can respect about that board is they really stick to their guns, they really won't allow any other fans.
I think it's only a matter of time. ES was actually the first football message board I ever joined, and it led to be becoming a member here. (I didn't know such things existed, but once I found that board, I wondered if there wasn't a Seahawks equivalent, searched, and happily found.) It was a lot different then. You could have reasonable discussions as a fan of opposing teams. Heck, even Cowboys/Giants/Eagles fans posted there and had reasonable discussions.

But that element seems to be completely gone. As others have mentioned, they have banned Seahawks fans who have not said anything remotely smackish (as well as the ones who did). It appears the if Seahawks fans post there, and don't immediately open with an apology for all the bad things Seahawks fans have ever done and recognition of all the good things about the Redskins, they are gone.

I haven't posted there since the beginning of the week. There just wasn't any point, they're so worked up.
I suspect I could get banned there for posting this here.

CrankUpTheDiesel":33o57iae said:
Either way, Redskins have to win this. For the Seahawks fans that wore Taylor jerseys with fake bullet holes in them, for the fans that threw food on Mike sellers family and daughter. For the disrespectful Seattle media that made taylor out to be some thug. Time for some well deserved pay back.
KDawg_ES":33o57iae said:
RolandDeschain":33o57iae said:
So if someone with Taylor's rap sheet isn't a thug, then who is?
This is a fair point when talking about Sean Taylor in his early years. However, 21 was definitely turning things around. His fiance and him had a little girl, who he loved very much. As soon as she was born you could see a major difference in him. Now, if you don't believe people can make amends, fair enough. But when he was murdered, he was murdered protecting his fiance and daughter in his own home. He was absolutely once a thug, but that changed.
This is the balance that most on ES seem to lack. As a fanbase, Skins fans are obviously going to be very in tune with one of their own players, who goes from being a "thug" to responsible family man. But few others are going to keep track of it, know about it, or even care. What gets the headlines? The rap sheet. What do fans in Seattle know about Sean Taylor? The rap sheet. So it should have come as no surprise to anybody wearing red & yellow when, in discussions, Seahawk fans would refer to Taylor as a thug. (And no, "thug" is not a racist term. Not even close.)

It is perfectly reasonable for Skins fans to argue the case that he was a former thug, and then presently aspiring family man, but it seems unreasonable for Skins fans to be so upset that we didn't accord him the level of same respect they had for him. And that what the bulk of the anti-Seahawks venom there seems to be about.

Vandalism, abuse, and assaults are wrong whenever and wherever they happen. There seems to be no doubt that some incidents of that sort were inflicted upon Skins fans by Hawks fans, and I don't blame anybody for being upset about that. But at ES, they seem to have pumped up the anger of those incidents (while blowing them out of proportion?), and converted our general lack of respect for Sean Taylor + decided disrespect by some, into perceived intense disrespect and racial hatred fanbase-wide.

The level of vitriol there is creepy. Seriously, if they were a group of people who were actually gathered together in one place, I'd be afraid a riot would break out at any moment.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
In the playoffs a couple years ago, after they beat us, I decided to show the colors and walk the streets. I put on full uniform stuff and headed out. I did this in Philly too, but, no one did or said anything. So I was surprised when a Seahawk fan shouted to me that I must be quite brave wearing that out in Seattle. I went at him and offered to fight and he backed down and ran off. All I needed to know about Seattle fans came from that. Open mouth, but, when it comes to action, they sissy out.

And another guy:
I was in your stadium in 2007 for the Playoffs, the same year Sean Taylor was murdered. The disparaging remarks that were made about ST and his family truly showed us how miserable it must be to be a Seahawks fan. I remember two of your fans putting their hands on me when I was trying to get to my seat. Next thing I know they were on the ground. Please take a guess at who put them there You guys like to talk a big game, but never know how to back it up.

Wow, Redskin fans are TUFF :thfight7: :D

I have to admit, I'm enjoy the back and forth with their fans, it's hilarious. Look what this guy said, and then this guy said this! Looks what this dude wrote over here! Funny stuff.

The Hogster

Reaction score
Redskins fan here, from Washington D.C. Looking forward to this week's game. The national media seems to be behind the Seahawks.

While I respect your team, I can't say I agree with the sentiment that you guys will come to DC and walk all over us en route to the Divisional round. The Seahawks are probably the best home team in the league. But, away from home, your team is less imposing.

While the trash talk from Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner, Bruce Irvin & your local radio hosts is good for entertainment. I don't think it's the smartest thing to do. Your franchise is on the other side of the country, and quite frankly, you will likely have no more than a handful of fans here. Giving the fans added reason to get liquored up and harass your offense makes little sense to me. But, the game is played on the field--so we will all see.

HAIL

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The Hogster":t6is6ww5 said:
The Seahawks are probably the best home team in the league. But, away from home, your team is less imposing.

If we could only harness the power of Tanzania on the road!

SkinsfortheWin

Reaction score
2007 has nothing to do with this weekends game.

Anyhow Ill break it down the way I see it.
The Seahawks have a stout defense. Probably the best secondary in the league. Linebackers I say are towards the top and Dline is solid. I would say best Dline belongs to the Giants, Best linebackers are the niners. But Seahawks Linebackers are no joke either they will be tops in two years time.

Seahawks Offense. Well to me its Lynch and a mobile QB in Wilson the poormans RG3. Wide receivers are not exactly a strength for the Seahawks. The offensive line has two of their starters out which could be a problem. But LT is Solid and probably a Pro Bowler.

Seahawks Offense vs Redskins defense.
Well Redskins defense is solid against the run. We are close to tops in the league. I dont see Lynch going off on this one. If I am correct all the games Seahawks have won Lynch has played a big role in those wins. So stop the run stop the Seahawks offense. I just dont believe Wilson has developed enough this year to win this game. I think Wilson will eventually be a whole lot better. However I just think he benefits from a strong defense and a strong running game.
I know the Redskins supposedly have one of the worst pass defenses. But they are hot as of late. Deangelo Hall managed to shut down Dez Bryant. That does not bode well for the Seahawks no.1 in Tate or Rice whoever that maybe? London Fletcher is probably going to spy Wilson and Kerrigan is going to contain Wilson all day.

Redskins Offense vs Seahawks Defense

Not going to fake the funk. Seattles defense is as real as it gets. Real nasty. But they are a young group and a new group. So anythings possible. Love Cam Chanceleor he reminds me of Sean Taylor.

Anyhow for the breakdown. I think this is a slow game. For the most part Seattle's corners contain our WRs but get hit with a couple Big Playaction plays. Alfred Morris will get his 100 yards and RG3 will get about 180 yards passing and 50 yards running. Seattles defense is tough but they did give up 100 yards to Gore earlier in the year. Its not impossible the no.1 rushing attack in the league couldn't get 100 plus.

Skins 21 Seahawks 17

If the Wilson can prove me wrong and exploit some weaknesses of our pass defense then that is the key for Seattle to win. I just dont see that happening. Anyhow good luck to you guys you will need it. :D

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Interesting SkinsfortheWin, but I'll have to disagree with you about Russell 'Last name' Wilson.

We've seen him put the team on his back and carry them to wins. He has the 'it' factor, he's special. Sounds like you haven't seen it yet... which is fine. But oh man it's there. Trust us.

Anyway, excited about the game, haven't seen your team I guess since last year we played right? Keep hearing about this new running back you guys got, and some new QB? ;)

The Hogster

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2pdv1cwz said:
Interesting SkinsfortheWin, but I'll have to disagree with you about Russell 'Last name' Wilson.

We've seen him put the team on his back and carry them to wins. He has the 'it' factor, he's special. Sounds like you haven't seen it yet... which is fine. But oh man it's there. Trust us.

Anyway, excited about the game, haven't seen your team I guess since last year we played right? Keep hearing about this new running back you guys got, and some new QB? ;)

We know Marshawn Lynch is a beast. But, so is Alfred Morris. We also played your team last year--with Marshawn Lynch, Brandon Browner, Earl Thomas, and Cam Chancellor.

Marshawn had 100+ yards
Browner & Sherman both had Interceptions (of Rex Grossman)
And the Skins still controlled the game with a lesser RB & QB, and a much weaker WR Group.

Yes, Russell Wilson is a good QB. But, do you really think he makes up for the improvement on our side of the ball with RGIII, Morris, Garcon, Josh Morgan?

We doubt it.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
The Hogster":1bzkszun said:
twisted_steel2":1bzkszun said:

We know Marshawn Lynch is a beast. But, so is Alfred Morris. We also played your team last year--with Marshawn Lynch, Brandon Browner, Earl Thomas, and Cam Chancellor.

Marshawn had 100+ yards
And the Skins still controlled the game with a lesser RB & QB, and a much weaker WR Group.

Yes, Russell Wilson is a good QB. But, do you really think he makes up for the improvement on our side of the ball with RGIII, Morris, Garcon, Josh Morgan?

We doubt it.

You're not related to Riggo by chance, are you?

Shock2k

Reaction score
The Hogster":1f655ytz said:
twisted_steel2":1f655ytz said:

Marshawn had 100+ yards

We doubt it.

Oh, I can't wait to see that question answered.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The Hogster":2n1nqujv said:
We also played your team last year--with Marshawn Lynch, Brandon Browner, Earl Thomas, and Cam Chancellor.
And Tarvaris Jackson.

The Hogster":2n1nqujv said:
Yes. The step up from Tarvaris Jackson to Russell Wilson is at least the same order of magnitude as the step up from Rex Grossman to RGIII. And he wasn't our only improvement on offense.

camdawg

Reaction score
CrankUpTheDiesel":39m3ne7e said:
Bitter":39m3ne7e said:
CrankUpTheDiesel":39m3ne7e said:
Either way, Redskins have to win this. For the Seahawks fans that wore Taylor jerseys with fake bullet holes in them, for the fans that threw food on Mike sellers family and daughter. For the disrespectful Seattle media that made taylor out to be some thug. Time for some well deserved pay back.

So they have to win for revenge? Don't see anything about how they should win because they are (or can be on that day) the better football team in your argument. I guess grab onto what ever little thread of hope you can come up with and run with it.
we are the better team, I didn't think I would have to state the obvious.

Beat the Panthers, and then pop off! :p

camdawg

Reaction score
KDawg_ES":1wku8oy8 said:
This is a fair point when talking about Sean Taylor in his early years. However, 21 was definitely turning things around. His fiance and him had a little girl, who he loved very much. As soon as she was born you could see a major difference in him. Now, if you don't believe people can make amends, fair enough. But when he was murdered, he was murdered protecting his fiance and daughter in his own home. He was absolutely once a thug, but that changed.

I think University of Washington Husky fans can identify with Redskins fans here. While the ways they died are different, the Huskies had a safety named Curtis Williams that got into a lot of trouble his first couple of years up here. But was turning his life around with a little girl of his own, before he became paralyzed in a game against Stanford.

There was a book about the 2000 UW Rose Bowl team that showed some of the behind the scenes dark stuff of that team, including Curtis Williams. WSU Cougar and Oregon Duck fans online many times call Curtis Williams a thug. Do Husky fans enjoy it? Absolutely not. So we can empathize with how you guys felt in 2007.

But, does this make Husky fans hell bent for revenge? No...there's the typical rivalry feelings, but that's it. I think it's a fair opinion that Redskins fans take this a little too far.

Now, what Monkster went through in 2005, the smoke bombed ExtremeSkins tailgate, what Mike Sellers' family went through (those people are lucky they didn't have to meet Mr. Sellers), that's reason to be really pissed off. But there's a difference between those things, and mean comments made about Taylor, especially made before the true facts about his death were nationally known.

camdawg

Reaction score
The Hogster":3qhkz4u9 said:

Marshawn had 100+ yards

We doubt it.

Here's the thing. You didn't really "control the game". You had an amazing last twelve minutes, we had an awful last twelve minutes. The Seahawks actually had a 17-7 4th quarter lead in last year's game. I would be extremely happy to have such a lead again this time, and take my chances the ending will be different.

We'll see if Browner has any rust...but overall, he and Sherman have definitely been better than last year. Chancellor has been better. Our linebackers are faster, and have had better instincts covering screens and other dumpoff plays, which I remember killing us last year with Helu.

For what it's worth....Rex Grossman pretty much owns the Seahawks. Why he plays so well against us over the years, I have no clue. Some kind of special anti-Seahawks mojo or something. It will be tough for RG III to play as well against us as Rex does.

The Hogster

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens. The comments by Sherman & Browner didn't help. There will be 90,000 fans who have been reading those comments--courtesy of the Washington Post. You all are used to a home field advantage. Let's see how well you travel.

The Hogster

Reaction score
I keep hearing Seahawks fans get annoyed when people say that your stadium is a mystical place where noise seems trapped in the matrix. You say you're a good team, better team etc. Yet good teams aren't so schizophrenic. 8-0 at home. 3-5 on the road.

No road playoff win in 29 Years.

29 Years Ago,

Regan was President
Jim Zorn was your QB
Michael Jackson's Thriller had just come out
E.T. was in theaters.

That's a long time to not be able to win a playoff game on the road. :thcoffee:

Shock2k

Reaction score
The Hogster":1sgvalrj said:
I keep hearing Seahawks fans get annoyed when people say that your stadium is a mystical place where noise seems trapped in the matrix. You say you're a good team, better team etc. Yet good teams aren't so schizophrenic. 8-0 at home. 3-5 on the road.

No road playoff win in 29 Years.

29 Years Ago,

Regan was President
Jim Zorn was your QB
Michael Jackson's Thriller had just come out
E.T. was in theaters.

That's a long time to not be able to win a playoff game on the road. :thcoffee:

It's easy, 4 of the losses were pre-week 8, we were not implementing a full offense at that point. What we are calling the "training wheels" games. The fifth loss (to Miami) is my secret and I won't tell. There has been a lot of discussion about the "road Seahawks" and it's a valid discussion, but I think the facts being used are missguided.