Flynn or Sanchez as backup

edogg23

Reaction score
I think the bigger cap question might be do we bring back Rice as our big money wr or look at some free agents who might produce more for the $$. Rice has played pretty well and stayed healthy for the most part.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Theoretically only: IF Mark were willing to dump his current contract to come to Seattle, and IF Pete and John agreed to that, would you be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the decision?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawks46":3mj1quj0 said:
It's not all about getting an elite guy to go out there and crush the secondary (although that's nice). It's about scheme; our run game predicates how open our guys get downfield. Personally, I'd like a taller, bigger guy like BMW was that can run underneath and intermediate stuff and dominate one on one matchups. It would also be nice if our TEs continue to progress and get better (read: more consistent). You can only send so many guys deep. Say we sign Wallace; do we just run Rice on the other side and run them both deep ? Rice becomes an intermediate/underneath guy ?

The more talent and speed you have at the WR position, the better. It not only gives the QB more options, but it forces the defense to not cheat and double cover Rice because they know we don't have a burner that can get behind the defense.

Tate's sneaky quick, but he's not a burner like Wallace that can stretch the defense on a regular basis.

It's a fun conversation to have, and I don't think anyone's saying to break the bank for a guy like Wallace. Probably a moot point, I'm sure there will be a stupid team like the Jets or Raiders that'll pay him $10,000,000 a year.

m0ng0

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3su9r8pd said:
If Sanchez was willing to take the league minimum, I STILL wouldn't take him as our backup. I would take T-Jack back over Sanchez for twice the price.

hahaha, never thought I would say that but yes I agree !

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd rather have pehawk at backup QB than Mark Sanchez

If they are able to trade Flynn, there will be some vet backups out there they can get for cheap

SirTed

Reaction score
What if the Jets offered us a 2nd rounder and Sanchez for Flynn?

I'm not a Sanchez fan at this point - but what if we could take a gamble (that we wont need a starting caliber backup) to land a pretty solid (assuming the Jets will be mediocre with Flynn) 2nd rounder. The Sanchez contract is bad, but it's not too much worse dollar wise than Flynn, correct?

I'm not advocating for this, but what if?

BeastMode247

Reaction score
I'll stick with Matt. Even though Wilson emerged as the starter, Flynn still has talent.
Flynn is an unknown, Sanchez has been proven to be terrible.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Sanchez, but he's probably someone that PC would like, if not only for a project.

Latest posts