It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• So, to read between the lines, the Redskins are pissed that Seattle's at full strength. Makes sense. Not having Sherman opens up a receiver for RGIII. Though, to be fair, RGIII will have one less way to look before he takes off running.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Well sure. Redskins are above all that "being suspected of violating the league's drug policy" stuff.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Oh no he Dihint!
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

• One of these days, the NFL will learn to stop giving our team bulletin board material.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Sherman was mocking thier receivers?

Anyone know what he said?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• RolandDeschain wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/01/04/washington-redskins-defensive-tackle-kedric-golston-calls-seattle-seahawks-cornerback-richard-sherman-a-cheater/1810003/

I can't wait to see what Sherman fires back with on Twitter, hahaha. Take it to him, Optimus Prime!

cough - Cedric Griffin - cough
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Sherman was mocking thier receivers?

Anyone know what he said?

Something along the lines of which Redskins receiver are you the most concerned with and he said "none of them".
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Well, its true. lol
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Only one guy made a mistake, everyone else seemed to play it cool. Whatever, not sure this will factor at all.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• I dont think any player on either side needs extra motivation to win a playoff game.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Well, its true. lol

How is he a cheat? Unless benefit of a doubt no longer exists in this country. We can surmise he lucked out on the leaky cup/chain of evidence thing or we can choose to take him at his word that he didn't take the PEDs and his sample was tainted.

Being the skeptics that we all tend to be, lucking out on the results is what most want to believe but until he gets suspended for this one would have to put "suspected" in front of calling the man a cheat.

Riggo, I thought you were a decent guy but this time around is leading me to think you are not what I thought. Continue with your fun and after Sunday, see you down the road.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Read the appeals document. USED urine sample cups interspersed with fresh ones when the tester went over to grab a second cup to drain the first one's contents into. (Remember, Browner tested positive and they got tested at the same time on the same day, and he didn't fight it.) Plus, the league CAUGHT that tester lying to them.

Give me a break. These appeals are almost never won, and this one was; and by the look of the league's own appeals investigation, it looks like there's a good chance Sherman really never did take anything. Of course, he very well might have; there is simply no way to know. He's not taking anything now though, for sure; he was "randomly" tested just this past Monday, I believe it was.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Good Stuff:

Which Washington Redskins wide receivers worry brash, young Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman?

"None of them," Sherman told USA TODAY Sports

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Doug Baldwin: "He knows that this is the NFL, so he gives people respect, but other than that, his mentality is he can stop anyone," Baldwin said.

Can he?

"I believe he can — except me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherman is thrilled about the return of Browner, who is large (6-4, 221 pounds) for a cornerback.

"His energy and physicality are going to be huge lifts for us in the secondary," Sherman said. "I'm sure he's going to make an impact on this game."

What won't make an impact are the critics of Sherman who say he, too, should have sat out four games..... Those people's opinions mean dirt to me."
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Plus the ph of the piss at the lab didn't match the ph of the piss at the time of collection.

The piss was tainted.

Take that you hater!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

You're right, but I'm still not sure how he unlocked god mode. I suspect he hacked the matrix.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• drdiags wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Well, its true. lol

How is he a cheat? Unless benefit of a doubt no longer exists in this country. We can surmise he lucked out on the leaky cup/chain of evidence thing or we can choose to take him at his word that he didn't take the PEDs and his sample was tainted.

Being the skeptics that we all tend to be, lucking out on the results is what most want to believe but until he gets suspended for this one would have to put "suspected" in front of calling the man a cheat.

Riggo, I thought you were a decent guy but this time around is leading me to think you are not what I thought. Continue with your fun and after Sunday, see you down the road.

Being a decent person doesn't mean I have to like all your players or even respect them. Did you think OJ was guilty? I did. Do I think Sherman used something? Yes. He got off on a technicality...good for him and the Seahawks. In retrospect I should have said "probably" before true.

I know we've had people suspended for pot (T. Willliams, F. Davis), and Adderall (C. Griffin, Jordan Black), and our strong safety who was pegged to start is suspended for the whole season. So I'm not acting like we are saints here. I just think Sherman is very lucky...and hopefully for you guys he really is clean because you know Goddell will be going after him after his appeal being victorious.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• I think it's funny Sherman has this label as some sort of trash talker.

You'd be hard pressed to find any actual trash talk where he's putting anyone down.

He's confident in himself and says so. That's not a slight to anyone. He believe's hes the best CB in the NFL, and it would be hard for anyone to argue that he isn't. Enough said.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    drdiags wrote:

Being a decent person doesn't mean I have to like all your players or even respect them. Did you think OJ was guilty? I did. Do I think Sherman used something? Yes. He got off on a technicality...good for him and the Seahawks. In retrospect I should have said "probably" before true.

I know we've had people suspended for pot (T. Willliams, F. Davis), and Adderall (C. Griffin, Jordan Black), and our strong safety who was pegged to start is suspended for the whole season. So I'm not acting like we are saints here. I just think Sherman is very lucky...and hopefully for you guys he really is clean because you know Goddell will be going after him after his appeal being victorious.

Comparing Sherman to OJ? That is the biggest leap in DOT NET history, and that's saying something. What a moronic comparison.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• All the original article proves is the the Redskins players are just as stupid as their fans.

The Redskin players were also ones who claimed the Hawks pumped in crowd noise. Of course, once they say it, the word of God has spoken because it was a player and everything.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• This just shows the difference between this team and the one from 2005. When Jarramy Stevens opened his big mouth and gave that POS Joey Porter something to latch onto I just about dropped a "Porter" in my pants when I read that he said it.

Contrast to 2012: Sherman or whoever can open their mouths and I don't care. I know this team is built for a street fight and will give as good as they get when up against anybody, anywhere.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Not to sound like a wuss, but I kinda would like for them to save the trash talking for after. Keep focused and save it for the field.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Jerramy Stevens in 05...not comparing Sherm to him, but you know what I mean.

Golden Tate broke my heart. He also ruined my 'Don't Hate Golden Tate' shirt.
    candybars
    NET Rookie

• Being a decent person doesn't mean I have to like all your players or even respect them. Did you think OJ was guilty? I did. Do I think Sherman used something? Yes. He got off on a technicality...good for him and the Seahawks. In retrospect I should have said "probably" before true.

I know we've had people suspended for pot (T. Willliams, F. Davis), and Adderall (C. Griffin, Jordan Black), and our strong safety who was pegged to start is suspended for the whole season. So I'm not acting like we are saints here. I just think Sherman is very lucky...and hopefully for you guys he really is clean because you know Goddell will be going after him after his appeal being victorious.[/quote]

Comparing Sherman to OJ? That is the biggest leap in DOT NET history, and that's saying something. What a moronic comparison.[/quote]

Oh my bad, I should have compared him to Jesus right?
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• I like Sherman talking trash before the game. It's puts the spot light on him, hopefully the Redskins go after Sherm so that Browner can get caught up to game speed.

Which CB would you rather RG3 target? The best CB in the league in Sherman or Browner coming back from a 4 game suspension?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Being a decent person doesn't mean I have to like all your players or even respect them. Did you think OJ was guilty? I did. Do I think Sherman used something? Yes. He got off on a technicality...good for him and the Seahawks. In retrospect I should have said "probably" before true.

Comparing Sherman to OJ? That is the biggest leap in DOT NET history, and that's saying something. What a moronic comparison.

Oh my bad, I should have compared him to Jesus right?

Still waiting to meet an intelligent Redskins fan...

If you knew how to read, you'd realize that Sherman didn't get off because of a technicality. He got off because he was innocent.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated ruins more threads than I do.

Troll.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:RiggoReincarnated ruins more threads than I do.

Troll.

:th2thumbs:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• of course they are going to be pissed. Has anyone noticed that the past 2 games whenever a team would come out in a formation that called for only 1 reciever they always lined up on the opposite side of the field as Sherman? Even in certain formations where theyw ould put 2 receivers on 1 side. It was never against Sherman. Dude is a beast and he basically is taking away his side of the field. Atleast yiou think this way and you forget we have Earl Thomas running around the other side. Imagine if we had a Demarcus Ware type of LBer on the other side. Opposing Offenses would have no where to go.
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Being a decent person doesn't mean I have to like all your players or even respect them. Did you think OJ was guilty? I did. Do I think Sherman used something? Yes. He got off on a technicality...good for him and the Seahawks. In retrospect I should have said "probably" before true.<BR nodeIndex="1"><BR nodeIndex="2">I know we've had people suspended for pot (T. Willliams, F. Davis), and Adderall (C. Griffin, Jordan Black), and our strong safety who was pegged to start is suspended for the whole season. So I'm not acting like we are saints here. I just think Sherman is very lucky...and hopefully for you guys he really is clean because you know Goddell will be going after him after his appeal being victorious.
    <BR nodeIndex="3"><BR nodeIndex="4">Comparing Sherman to OJ? That is the biggest leap in DOT NET history, and that's saying something. What a moronic comparison.[/quote]<BR nodeIndex="5"><BR nodeIndex="6"><BR nodeIndex="7"><BR nodeIndex="8">Oh my bad, I should have compared him to Jesus right?[/quote]

Nobody is suggesting that, but most people would suggest that you know a little bit about the subject that you're talking about when making a comment.

Like the fact that the tester had other tests thrown out, and then lied to the NFL in the investigation of Sherman's appeal. The tester may be holding a grudge against Richard Sherman and purposely gave him a bad cup and then put adderall into Sherman's cup.

Not saying that's the case, but with all the shadows of doubt, it could be.
    Medically Retired, 80% Disabled Navy Veteran - 1997 - 2009
    Yakimaniac
    NET Rookie

• If you knew how to read, you'd realize that Sherman didn't get off because of a technicality. He got off because he was innocent.[/quote]

What a joke. You know Adderall clears the body in 24 hours right? Go ahead and proclaim his innocence if it makes you feel better.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Trying to figure out why my post got blasted. I said comparing him to OJ was a moronic statement. Attacked the post, not the poster. He comes back with a comparison to Jesus? WHAT?!

You must not be the same Riggo who used to post here.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:What a joke. You know Adderall clears the body in 24 hours right? Go ahead and proclaim his innocence if it makes you feel better.

Actually, that's about the fastest possible time it can clear the body if you're not a regular user, and you just take a bit. It can stay in for 30 days for chronic/regular users.

Either way, GO READ THE APPEAL DOCUMENT. The league, who loves busting players for PEDs, let him off and there's strong evidence that it wasn't a technicality. Stop replying in this thread until you've read it, please. Here's a link:

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-comm ... 645989.PDF
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• SharkHawk wrote:Trying to figure out why my post got blasted. I said comparing him to OJ was a moronic statement. Attacked the post, not the poster. He comes back with a comparison to Jesus? WHAT?!

Hey, your homie Sherman said it way before I did. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... n-redskins
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Oh, redskins are going to get smashed in the mouth.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

SharkHawk wrote:Trying to figure out why my post got blasted. I said comparing him to OJ was a moronic statement. Attacked the post, not the poster. He comes back with a comparison to Jesus? WHAT?!

Hey, your homie Sherman said it way before I did. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... n-redskins

Don't use words like "homie" around me. Ever. It's disrespectful BS and I think you better re-evaluate how you want to be participating here if you're going to just troll and start crap with people who were trying to be welcoming to you (myself included). Then you start throwing around OJ comparisons and talking about my "homie"? Classless bullcrap is what that is. I thought better of you. Guess I was wrong. Go ahead and continue posting things that just further degrade others and make your fan base look worse. Keep it up kommando.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Oh Oh.........Now they are in for it!
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• SharkHawk wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Trying to figure out why my post got blasted. I said comparing him to OJ was a moronic statement. Attacked the post, not the poster. He comes back with a comparison to Jesus? WHAT?!

Don't use words like "homie" around me. Ever. It's disrespectful BS and I think you better re-evaluate how you want to be participating here if you're going to just troll and start crap with people who were trying to be welcoming to you (myself included). Then you start throwing around OJ comparisons and talking about my "homie"? Classless bullcrap is what that is. I thought better of you. Guess I was wrong. Go ahead and continue posting things that just further degrade others and make your fan base look worse. Keep it up kommando.

You're calling me classless, after pointing out the cocky trash coming out of your players' and fans mouths all week? I'm not looking to be a troll, just want some honest discussion. Before this thread, I felt honestly like if were my team were to lose this weekend, I could honestly pull for the Hawks to win their first Super Bowl. Now, I'm not so sure.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

So, saying that he's not worried about any of the receivers is trash talking? I don't worry about getting pulled over for going the speed limit while driving...am I trash talking the cops?
    Medically Retired, 80% Disabled Navy Veteran - 1997 - 2009
    Yakimaniac
    NET Rookie

• I think making a comparison of an alleged Adderall user to an alleged double murderer generally would be considered poor form in pretty much any fan forum.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• sc85sis wrote:I think making a comparison of an alleged Adderall user to an alleged double murderer generally would be considered poor form in pretty much any fan forum.

Not extremeskins.com. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Tech Worlds wrote:RiggoReincarnated ruins more threads than I do.

Troll.

hahahaha
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

It is true,,It's true that he doesn't fear ANY Redskins Receivers.
    He was accused of using adderall early in the Season, BUT, Sherman has been outstanding in many games this Season where there was NO hint of Adderall use,, so like him or hate him, He's that good.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• What I think carries the most humor on this entire topic is that moron Golston opened up his mouth and knows that there is at least one player on his team busted for the same thing. To add, there are probably hard-core PED's for actual physical growth being used by someone from every team. That idiot knows it.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:there are probably hard-core PED's for actual physical growth being used by someone from every team. That idiot knows it.

No doubt - there isn't a satisfactory urine test for HGH, and the NFLPA is fighting tooth and nail against blood testing. Doubt the owners really want it either...game is more marketable when you have athletic freaks across the board.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• This is typical media stuff. I'm sure Redskin fans would of liked Sherman to go on and on about how scared he is of their receivers. There isn't any disrespect coming from Sherman, the Redskins just don't have an elite receiver. BTW, Seattle doesn't either. Sidney Rice is as close as we have, and we have a couple other really good receivers in Tate and Baldwin. All of those are a far cry from Calvin and Andre Johnson.

If Sherman is worried when he has to play Redskins receivers, then he would have to wear depends when he plays the truly elite receivers in this league.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• They're just pissed because he won his appeal. That, and they're doing the pre-game readying of excuses.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Before this thread, I felt honestly like if were my team were to lose this weekend, I could honestly pull for the Hawks to win their first Super Bowl. Now, I'm not so sure.

Boo-freakin'-hoo.

Let's get something straight: Sherman did not "get off on a technicality." Filing the wrong form with his sample would have been a technicality. Forgetting to sign it would have been a technicality. Sherman's sample was contaminated (and therefore made useless) by a tester with a history of making these kinds of mistakes. Sherman's suspension wasn't overturned because of a "technicality," it was overturned because there was no viable evidence to prove that he was taking a banned substance.

Flip this one this other way, Riggo: what if he was completely innocent? What if the only reason he tested positive for a banned substance was because his sample was contaminated, and now he gets to put up with people like you and that chucklehead on your team calling him a cheater for the rest of his career? Is that fair? The NFL is supposed to keep pending suspensions under wraps until the appeals process is completed for just that reason, but somebody blabbed and now Sherman has to live with the stigma even though he was never suspended. Maybe he did take a banned substance, maybe he didn't. We will never know. But given that getting a PED suspension overturned in the NFL is almost unheard of, there is a strong likelihood that he did not take a banned substance, but since the news leaked he is always going to be branded a cheater by people like you.

Very classy....
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• LOL! That article about Sherman not fearing any of the Redskins WRs was awesome! I'm going to use his quote in my sig now...
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:

It is true,,It's true that he doesn't fear ANY Redskins Receivers.
    He was accused of using adderall early in the Season, BUT, Sherman has been outstanding in many games this Season where there was NO hint of Adderall use,, so like him or hate him, He's that good.

i don't know if he did or did not use Adderall and really don't care either way . . . with how much money we have to pay to go to a game or buy a jersey or whatever athletes should be forced to use PED's so we can get our money's worth (just kidding) . . . BUT, how do you know there was NO hint of Adderall use . . . all Adderall will do for a player is allow then to think more clearly and to react more quickly . . . he seems to be pretty good at both of those (on the field anyway), so how do you know he didn't show any signs of Adderall use??
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information