Golden Tate

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I really hope that he's part of the team's long term future. He has amazing chemistry with Wilson. He doesn't have huge numbers, but he's made a ton of big plays this season.

Maybe it's because I'm one of the few that rocks the Tate jersey but he's one of my favorite hawks.

I remember in the offseason it felt like he had to step up if he wanted to stay on the team, has he stepped up enough to warrant a new contract?

I really like the guy. He seems to fit with this team.

endzorn

Reaction score
I also like players on this team and would like you all to know that.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
endzorn":25zmq76l said:

Is this meant to be a douchey smartass comment or. . . ?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
A lot of people thought he'd step up last year. He didn't. A lot of folks said he HAD to step up this year. He DID. I'm glad we kept him around, because he's going to explode next year. He's caught up with the speed of the game, he's more precise in his routes, his confidence is off the charts, and he's got a QB that knows where he likes the ball. It's going to be fun to watch him. Let's not forget that Golden was a converted RB. It was going to take a while, but nobody thought it would take quite this long. He was certainly worth the wait though. I really enjoyed watching him in college. He moves like he's made of rubber!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hawknballs":hqjfxs39 said:
endzorn":hqjfxs39 said:

Yes. Don't take it personal.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2xo22srg said:
endzorn":2xo22srg said:

If you want an unbiased opinion, I'd say 'yes'.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":til5c52g said:
Hawknballs":til5c52g said:
endzorn":til5c52g said:

Yes. Don't take it personal.

OK, sincere apologies from a new user discussing contract status of a player who's long-term status with the team last offseason was under scrutiny, I didn't realize this wasn't the place for it!

Sorry about your life bro.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I have heard him say in one of his interviews that they are trying to win it all and once the season is over for them, he is very much looking forward to the off-season with Russell Wilson.

I think that him, Sidney, and Baldwin are going to put in extra time during the off-season to take this offense to another level. All three of them are hard working guys who respect RW tremendously just like rest of the team.

endzorn

Reaction score
Hawknballs":35ftrt99 said:
endzorn":35ftrt99 said:

Specifically Russell Wilson. Keep an eye on that fella...trust me.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hawknballs":n91qxp0b said:
OK, sincere apologies from a new user discussing contract status of a player who's long-term status with the team last offseason was under scrutiny, I didn't realize this wasn't the place for it!

Sorry about your life bro.

No, I said don't take it personal. There was nothing wrong with your post. This is the exact place for it.

candybars

Reaction score
Best $10 I ever spent was for my "Don't hate...Golden Tate" t-shirt I got outside the stadium.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
was thinking about getting my 81 jersey custom with "ITWASACATCH" on the back but figured thats just asking to be stabbed by a packer fan.

BeastMode247

Reaction score
He's steadily improved each year and I think he goes for over 1,000 yards next season since there will be more consistency in the offense going into Wilson's second year as the starter.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3lejhkfk said:
endzorn":3lejhkfk said:

A satirical yet pointed comment on the standard lately by which people lately express views without much in the way of depth or thought.

Nothing personal.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cutting through all the nonsensical stuff being posted in response to the OP?
(notice how I got around bashing?)
I didn't get all the hype on Tate prior to this Season, because I hadn't seen where he was all that, BUT this Season? he has been sensational at times, and has made acrobatical moves to secure the ball.
I don't remember any Seahawks Receiver (other than Steve Largent) that has worked harder to better his game.
Wilson has been smart about spreading the ball around to different Receivers and Tight Ends, so that Defenses couldn't just key on any one person, BUT Tate has been exceptional this Season, as was Rice before being banged up.
As to Rice?, Defenses have to take him seriously when he's on the field, because even if he isn't 100%, he's still dangerous.

beasthawk

Reaction score
People on here are blunt and kid around, no need to get offended or cause static where none is needed.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I like how Tate is putting up a little Beast Mode of his own this year. You don't see him head for the sidelines this year.