Golden Tate

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Golden Tate
Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 pm
  • I really hope that he's part of the team's long term future. He has amazing chemistry with Wilson. He doesn't have huge numbers, but he's made a ton of big plays this season.

Maybe it's because I'm one of the few that rocks the Tate jersey but he's one of my favorite hawks.

I remember in the offseason it felt like he had to step up if he wanted to stay on the team, has he stepped up enough to warrant a new contract?

I really like the guy. He seems to fit with this team.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Re: Golden Tate
Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 pm
  • That's right!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm
  • safe to say im on the same boat
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm
  • I also like players on this team and would like you all to know that.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:58 pm
  • endzorn wrote:I also like players on this team and would like you all to know that.

Is this meant to be a douchey smartass comment or. . . ?
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 pm
  • A lot of people thought he'd step up last year. He didn't. A lot of folks said he HAD to step up this year. He DID. I'm glad we kept him around, because he's going to explode next year. He's caught up with the speed of the game, he's more precise in his routes, his confidence is off the charts, and he's got a QB that knows where he likes the ball. It's going to be fun to watch him. Let's not forget that Golden was a converted RB. It was going to take a while, but nobody thought it would take quite this long. He was certainly worth the wait though. I really enjoyed watching him in college. He moves like he's made of rubber!
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    endzorn wrote:I also like players on this team and would like you all to know that.

Yes. Don't take it personal.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    endzorn wrote:I also like players on this team and would like you all to know that.

If you want an unbiased opinion, I'd say 'yes'.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:03 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:

Yes. Don't take it personal.

OK, sincere apologies from a new user discussing contract status of a player who's long-term status with the team last offseason was under scrutiny, I didn't realize this wasn't the place for it!

Sorry about your life bro.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:04 pm
  • I have heard him say in one of his interviews that they are trying to win it all and once the season is over for them, he is very much looking forward to the off-season with Russell Wilson.

I think that him, Sidney, and Baldwin are going to put in extra time during the off-season to take this offense to another level. All three of them are hard working guys who respect RW tremendously just like rest of the team.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:

Specifically Russell Wilson. Keep an eye on that fella...trust me.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:OK, sincere apologies from a new user discussing contract status of a player who's long-term status with the team last offseason was under scrutiny, I didn't realize this wasn't the place for it!

Sorry about your life bro.

No, I said don't take it personal. There was nothing wrong with your post. This is the exact place for it.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm
  • Best $10 I ever spent was for my "Don't hate...Golden Tate" t-shirt I got outside the stadium.

Golden Tate broke my heart. He also ruined my 'Don't Hate Golden Tate' shirt.
    candybars
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:20 pm
  • was thinking about getting my 81 jersey custom with "ITWASACATCH" on the back but figured thats just asking to be stabbed by a packer fan.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:23 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:

Yes and it was a funny one too.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 pm
  • He's steadily improved each year and I think he goes for over 1,000 yards next season since there will be more consistency in the offense going into Wilson's second year as the starter.
    BeastMode247
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:

A satirical yet pointed comment on the standard lately by which people lately express views without much in the way of depth or thought.

Nothing personal.
    * NET Staff *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Cutting through all the nonsensical stuff being posted in response to the OP?
    (notice how I got around bashing?)
    I didn't get all the hype on Tate prior to this Season, because I hadn't seen where he was all that, BUT this Season? he has been sensational at times, and has made acrobatical moves to secure the ball.
    I don't remember any Seahawks Receiver (other than Steve Largent) that has worked harder to better his game.
    Wilson has been smart about spreading the ball around to different Receivers and Tight Ends, so that Defenses couldn't just key on any one person, BUT Tate has been exceptional this Season, as was Rice before being banged up.
    As to Rice?, Defenses have to take him seriously when he's on the field, because even if he isn't 100%, he's still dangerous.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:42 pm
  • People on here are blunt and kid around, no need to get offended or cause static where none is needed.
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 pm
  • I like how Tate is putting up a little Beast Mode of his own this year. You don't see him head for the sidelines this year.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm
  • As a non Seahawks fan i dont follow Tate muc(not at all really). Was this year 3 for him? what has his stats been since he has joined? I liked Tate when he came out.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:56 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:

A satirical yet pointed comment on the standard lately by which people lately express views without much in the way of depth or thought.

Nothing personal.

But did the response really add or bring anything else to the table expect for a hint of smart assness? How do we expect new posters to feel comfortable starting a thread when thats the kind of response they get? I would hope that this place could be better then that.

To the OP - I have been having a major man crush on Tate since the begining of the year and the relationship he is developing with Wilson seems like a good one. Hopefully we keep him around and he continues to make plays with or without the ball in his hands.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:00 pm
  • LOL. No big on the comment, I didn't take it personally. This board has just been gushing with positive posts since I joined up and that was the first time I detected smartassery and given that the poster is obviously an active part of the forum I was just curious if they actually read the post or just assumed it was an ILOVEGOLDEN post.

Side note, I was at one of the games, can't remember which...might have been Patriots..anyways I was down buying something from the team shop, and these girls were behind me and they all had "elite" looking tate jerseys on, and I was like "Dang where'd you get those I haven't seen any tate jerseys yet" and one girl was like "My boyfriend gave them to me" and I said "oh, does he know golden tate?" at this point it sunk in but she said "He is Golden Tate".

Needless to say she was hideous...
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:36 pm
  • Tate has special feet. He is like a ballet dancer. I really hope he is around for a long time.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:55 pm
  • Golden Tate's contributions come primarily through three avenues: epic YAC, great luck with jump balls this year, and Russell Wilson balling out of his mind and giving Tate (and everyone else) all week to get open downfield. Bevell has done a great job of scheming him into the offense, and of course he's won two games for us this year with his red-zone shenanigans. And I love the screen plays, even if we haven't used them since Minnesota. But I don't see a whole lot of "chemistry" with Wilson, exactly, other than the way Wilson can pretty much bust any WR open by making the secondary cover them for 18 seconds while he runs around breaking Ahmad Brooks' ankles.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Golden Tate's contributions come primarily through three avenues: epic YAC, great luck with jump balls this year, and Russell Wilson balling out of his mind and giving Tate (and everyone else) all week to get open downfield. Bevell has done a great job of scheming him into the offense, and of course he's won two games for us this year with his red-zone shenanigans. And I love the screen plays, even if we haven't used them since Minnesota. But I don't see a whole lot of "chemistry" with Wilson, exactly, other than the way Wilson can pretty much bust any WR open by making the secondary cover them for 18 seconds while he runs around breaking Ahmad Brooks' ankles.

I agree. Tate does pretty well on jump balls, and as was said before the season started, Wilson likes to throw receivers open. Meaning, he likes to throw high, low, and/or make receivers really stretch for the ball.

And Tate's YAC is a thing of beauty.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:53 pm
  • Someone needs to make a highlight reel of him for this season when it's over. He's been really fun to watch this year.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:24 pm
  • Golden Tate's 3-year career stats:

11 games
    21 receptions
    227 yards
    0 TDs

16 games
    35 receptions
    382 yards
    3 TDs

15 games
    45 receptions
    688 yards
    7 TDs

2013 *projected*
    62 receptions
    1025 yards
    12 TDs
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    jman316
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm
  • I have really been dissapointed with Tate. I was more up on Butler and Baldwin. But this year he's show a different level of, I don't know how to put it, intensity maybe? He seems to finally be "all-in."
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 pm
  • He is like Branch to Brady. I just hope the team doesnt screw him around like the Pats have been to Branch for the last couple years.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 pm
  • beasthawk wrote:People on here are blunt and kid around, no need to get offended or cause static where none is needed.

So, you never get annoyed with having to sift thru a bunch of non related blather after clicking on an interesting subject?
    There are other forums here on .NET that covers stuffing that's unrelated to the Seahawks.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:32 pm
  • Love the name...I can remember two other Goldens in the NFL. Golden Flowers a WR w/ Dallas or Denver and Golden Ruel ( ! ) a lineman for the I wanna say the 49's maybe.
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:LOL. No big on the comment, I didn't take it personally. This board has just been gushing with positive posts since I joined up and that was the first time I detected smartassery and given that the poster is obviously an active part of the forum I was just curious if they actually read the post or just assumed it was an ILOVEGOLDEN post.

Side note, I was at one of the games, can't remember which...might have been Patriots..anyways I was down buying something from the team shop, and these girls were behind me and they all had "elite" looking tate jerseys on, and I was like "Dang where'd you get those I haven't seen any tate jerseys yet" and one girl was like "My boyfriend gave them to me" and I said "oh, does he know golden tate?" at this point it sunk in but she said "He is Golden Tate".

Needless to say she was hideous...

Was this the girl?

Cause that's Golden's girl.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 am
  • Tate had two game-saving plays in the week 17 Rams game. First, recovering BeastMode's fumble; second, a very impressive play, breaking up a sure pick by a Rams DB. Neither really showed on the stat sheet, but that's at least 2 games where Tate's remarkable individual plays made a direct difference in getting a W instead of an L.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:07 am
  • Man these players gotta start using their celebrity platform to lure in some better looking women... Some of these ladies don't look satisfactory for people not making 500k + playing a game. Should rollin with dimes.

I like how he had stepped up this year. We've figured out his limitations and his special talents and are using him as close to perfect ad possible. Resign is okay by me but only, obviously, for the right price. To many contracts coming up soon to overspend for any players other then the stars. Sherman, Chancellor etc

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information