Joe Buck & Troy Aikman

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Meh, I barely hear the announcers during the football game most of the time, anyway. The only time they register is when they mess up somehow.

A

Anonymous

Incogneto":1o4k7vse said:
HoustonHawk82":1o4k7vse said:
Joe Buck has one of the best announcer/radio voices in broadcasting. Some of the most exciting and historic baseball games have been called by him, and to me, he's better at small-ball than he is football.

The thing about his play by play, is his ability to create a heightened intensity through the use of the pauses between sentences during key moments in the action. The way he simply stops talking between "moments", makes the visual camera shot do the talking. His timing and ability to make the action seem more intense is the reason he's a Emmy winner, and a directors' dream to work with. When Joe Buck calls a game, its a big game.

Regarding Aikman, he represents a purity and "good old boy-ism" in the booth. By exhibiting a sound and thorough knowledge of the game that can be trusted, he's believable and tactful. He's one of the few that have never been part of a custody battle or been arrested for DUI. His perspectives are carefully-contrived and his delivery smooth and on-cue.

Announcer wise, I'm good with these guys calling my football game.

This couldn't be more incorrect. He makes every play sound completely mundane. For instance, The Helmet Catch by David Tyree is one of the most spectacular plays ever (from Manning avoiding the sack to an unbelievable catch).

I would much prefer Gus Johnson

Ok, so you prefer announcers who go nuts and make the control-room guys keep a free hand on the mic gain knob, that's cool. I just don't.

Buck's style is to the let the image do the talking. He talks less and allows the players to do the freaking out. I guess I just prefer the "less-is-more" style.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I agree with Missing in that they don't sound exciting, but what Aikman actually says is largely bias-free and he's not scared to give credit to anybody on any team when they step up. I appreciate that.

lukerguy

Reaction score
This is their best team, and there is a reason. They are both well spoke, and prepared.

I couldn't have picked a better team for our game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm sure Buck and Aikman will gush about both rookie QB's.

Pretty sure Erin Andrews and Pam Oliver will be sideline reporters as well

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":12l7fgm9 said:

Erin is on our sidelines. I saw a tweet about it earlier today.

A

Anonymous

Hasselbeck":242tqks9 said:

Mmmmm... Pam Oliver....

thebanjodude

Reaction score

Russellmania3

Reaction score
Joe Buck is god awful , tries way to hard to fill up every dam second of the broadcast with his most often pointless and obvious facts ..... I swear he gets turned on by the sound of his own voice.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":heivwuc4 said:
The Radish":heivwuc4 said:
Atradees":heivwuc4 said:
Who is Bucks dad?

How about Joe Buck Sr. a long time tv announcer and considered one of the very best.

:roll:
Jack... his name was Jack Buck.

Jesus, does anyone read my posts or am I utterly wasting my time on this site?.......... this is from page 1 of this thread:
hawksfansinceday1":heivwuc4 said:
Atradees":heivwuc4 said:
Who is Bucks dad?
Jack Buck, longtime voice of the St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) and also did NFL for I believe CBS in the 70s and maybe 80s. He also did World Series games and his call of Kirk Gibson's HR in the '88 Series is iconic. "....This is gonna be a home run. Unbelivable!!"

Christ it's like talking to air. :roll: :roll: :roll:
5500 posts in (and plenty of them were good posts btw) and this kind of thing makes it seem kinda pointless. Must be time to reevaluate participation.

Here's the famous call I was referring to (for the one or two people that might actually be reading one of my posts):
[youtube]jdpImFSHhDA[/youtube]

Basis4day

Reaction score
I don't really like Gus Johnson. Sorry.

[youtube]qxSMP8yY-Pk[/youtube]

[youtube]6VXICekwyrs[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not my favorite crew, but there are worse.

If it was up to me Nessler and Mayock would broadcast all our games.

HansGruber

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2f1x4g9v said:
onanygivensunday":2f1x4g9v said:
The Radish":2f1x4g9v said:
How about Joe Buck Sr. a long time tv announcer and considered one of the very best.

:roll:
Jack... his name was Jack Buck.

Jesus, does anyone read my posts or am I utterly wasting my time on this site?.......... this is from page 1 of this thread:
hawksfansinceday1":2f1x4g9v said:
Atradees":2f1x4g9v said:
Who is Bucks dad?
Jack Buck, longtime voice of the St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) and also did NFL for I believe CBS in the 70s and maybe 80s. He also did World Series games and his call of Kirk Gibson's HR in the '88 Series is iconic. "....This is gonna be a home run. Unbelivable!!"

Christ it's like talking to air. :roll: :roll: :roll:
5500 posts in (and plenty of them were good posts btw) and this kind of thing makes it seem kinda pointless. Must be time to reevaluate participation.

Here's the famous call I was referring to (for the one or two people that might actually be reading one of my posts):

I think they were talking about Jim Buck. He was famous in the 60s or something. IIRC, he did that one famous bowling match.

Oh I'm sorry... we're you saying something?

:sarcasm_off:

HansGruber

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3iess1wi said:
Joe Buck had a dad?

Yeah, but they're thinking of his uncle Jerry. Not his dad. His dad was that guy on the fishing channel I think. Jerry was more famous for his call of the 1982 World Series in which the Hanshin Tigers somehow made it to the World Series game and lost against the Brooklyn Dodgers. It was one of the most famous MLB games of all time. Very memorable for me personally.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HansGruber":ht5rp8e4 said:
Zebulon Dak":ht5rp8e4 said:
Joe Buck had a dad?

Yeah, but they're thinking of his uncle Jerry. Not his dad. His dad was that guy on the fishing channel I think. Jerry was more famous for his call of the 1982 World Series in which the Hanshin Tigers somehow made it to the World Series game and lost against the Brooklyn Dodgers. It was one of the most famous MLB games of all time. Very memorable for me personally.

World Series? Like.... poker?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Troy Aikman's hands do all the talking for him.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Little known fact: Troy Aikman was Heath Ledger's understudy during the filming of Brokeback Mountain. True story.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1yqtkv15 said:

Yeah, I love that call... looked it up just for this topic but you beat me to it. What I don't understand is why so many sources cut the call off before it's done. It's a little thing, but the repetition of, "I don't believe what I just saw" with the subtle change of inflection is what makes it so awesome. Listen here, if you're of a mind: http://www.hark.com/clips/kysprpbklw-ja ... s-home-run

Oh, and on topic:

Jack Buck = ear candy from heaven
Joe Buck = physical pain and a legitimate reason not to watch baseball on the teevee