Eagles permitted to interview Gus Bradley for HC job

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm not worried.

They're interviewing Bradley to pick his brain on how to stop RGIII next year and beyond... to help them decide which HC to hire.

No way are they seriously considering Gus as their next HC, imo.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Makes me feel somewhat better that we have a defensive minded head coach. I expect our assistant coaches to be much like our players, next man up with the personality and traits to fit the role, very little failure that way.

Seaswab

Reaction score
I would think Ken Norton would be a logical replacement.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Jeez is this what it feels like to have a dominant team. Other teams trying to cherry pick your coaches... crap, and I thought there was no downside.

Axx

Reaction score
well it is illegal to interview any playoff teams coaching staff while they are still in the playoffs, so we have a few more weeks of bradley.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I'm happy that Bradley gets an interview,....I doubt that he's really high on their list though,...another year or 2 of solid coaching and he might be plucked away from the Hawks by some team.

mikeak

Reaction score
Axx":36jti0gu said:
well it is illegal to interview any playoff teams coaching staff while they are still in the playoffs, so we have a few more weeks of bradley.

That is not correct. Sorry for linking to 49ers site but it is what googled found me that matches what I heard elsewhere on radio etc

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/31/ ... nt-coaches

NOTE: January 13 - Assistant coaches under contract with playoff teams that won Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I would not want to lose Bradley, but;

1. He's probably pretty far down the list of coaches as far as priority of wanting to hire.
2. Our defense is good to go for the next 3-5 years minimum, I don't see losing Bradley as hurting our D.
3. Any competent D coordinator would pull a hamstring wanting to come to Seattle to coach this defense.

Atradees

Reaction score
We should be so lucky. This personnel has nothing to do with him. We need more from less and not less from more.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Being a young team, I would rather keep as much continuity for as long as possible.

Also, Gus is improving each year and it is showing on the field.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
weird. people baggin on our D-coordinator when we just had probably the best defensive season ever for the franchise? Didn't realize we were in Philly.