Good Luck from a Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
Well this is my first post here, had thought about joining prior to the Rams vs Seahawks game but went on vacation so didn't get around to it. Can call me Fitz, and i plan on visiting and looking in on the site from time to time. Well having said that, guess ill get on with my post.

Gratz on making the playoffs, I really wasn't expecting you guys to be so good when the season started. And i definatly didnt think RW was going to be starting or near as good as he has been, he has been a stud pure and simple. Doesnt throw a ton of passes(30/40+) but he makes his throws count big time. He became the best qb in the NFC west fast. I hate saying that of course cause i want Bradford to be the best. Hopefully two years in the same system and with some offensive upgrades he can became that QB for us. I am hoping RW has a sophomore slump so the Rams can leap from them in the division :D, nothing against RW, i just want my Rams to succeed more lol.

Great game last Sunday, thought for a while we might be able to pull out a win. Our defensive line played great for the most part, just wish our safeties and OLB had been better. That last TD by you guys really sucked, and i didnt think we would come back from it. Almost did but Bradford got forced into a 4th and long to try and get a td and your coverage was to good and Sherman sealed the win for you guys. I was at least happy not to get blown out like your previous 3 opponents, that really would of sucked.

I really hope you guys beat the Skins this week, not because im a fan of your team or anything, but cause i dont want our draft pick from them to drop any further. Really was hoping RG3 would suck for a couple years so we would have a few high draft picks from them, but oh well. Beat them anyways, after that though i doubt i will be rooting for you(unless you play the Whiners, then i will probably root for you, maybe :p ).

I love how the NFC West has gone from the worst division to one of the best and hardest divisions in the league. I think in the years to come the Whiners, Hawks and Rams are all going to be battling each other for the division champion and for wild card spots and giving headaches to most teams we will play. I love the direction Fisher/Snead has taken the Rams in, and i think next year we will be able to battle for a wildcard spot at the least(high hopes). I see the division being a three headed race for years to come. The Cards need a qb and O-line, i dont see them contending to much in the next few years(IMO).

I've read on the site about some hate you get from some rams fans and how a lot of them dont like Carrol. As some pointed out, there are those types of fans for every team. As for Carrol, don't hate him or anything, but don't like him either, its nothing personal against him, and im sure if he was the Rams HC i'd love him, i think it's just cause he's the HC of a division rival. Never liked USC but i have nothing personal against him, just your HC so not a fan :eek:

Well anyways just thought id introduce myself and some of my thoughts. Best of luck Sunday, hopefully no major injuries or anything.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Thanks dude.

I agree with your NFC West assessment, gonna be a nasty conference for many years to come. Fisher is a god send for your team btw, give that man a raise cause he has you guys playing some good sound football........especially on the defensive side.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
agree with a lot of your points, thanks for the post.

the Rams are doing things the right way there, they're going to keep getting better. They are already looking good with that 5-1 record in the division (That tie should have been a W forget about it)

If the cards find a coach and a QB my only hope is that we don't cannibalize ourselves. One silver lining to having to watch SF make it to the superbowl last season would have been that in the last 10 years we would have seen all 4 teams from the NFC West make it to the superbowl, not bad for the "NFC Worst".

Scottemojo

Reaction score
You went with the old school Rams yellow? Nice call.

I think you will find that pretty much everyone here respects your head coach and we know you are going to be a pain in the butt for us from now on. My personal opinion is that over the next two years you will vying with us for the division while the Niners decline.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks man.

You guys are going to be scary. You scare me more than the Niners do. YOu have extra draft picks, maybe the most physically talented DL in football, and Fisher is a hell of a coach. Add in a pair of very good CBs and you're going to be a rough out. You already have the best divisional record last year, and really, that's where it starts.

I won't lie...if we're not in the playoffs, I root for the divisional team. I was pulling for the Cards in that SB, that and I hate the Steelers. I could care less about the Niners or Giants (unless we play Niners), so I pulled for them too. That and I feel sorry for Alex Smith.

Anyways, classy post and look to see you around. I, for one, like talking football with other fan bases and getting other perspectives.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Thanks man, much appreciated. Seahawks should be easy to like in a division with the 49'ers in it! (Ok, Ok, you didn't say like, let's just say respect).

It's going to be a great division for the next couple of years.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, i love talking with other teams fans, always brings some new prospectives and insight on things, especially when there level headed like you guys. Glad i joined here.

Hawks46":27h0tpj0 said:
I won't lie...if we're not in the playoffs, I root for the divisional team. I was pulling for the Cards in that SB, that and I hate the Steelers. I could care less about the Niners or Giants (unless we play Niners), so I pulled for them too. That and I feel sorry for Alex Smith.

I usually do to, i rooted for you guys when you went, i rooted for the Cards cause of Warner mostly(you know how us Rams fans love Warner), and i would probably root for the Cards if they made it again. I really can't root for the Whiners, mostly cause of the history we have had with them in the past, losing 17 straight games to them really ends any kind of rooting for them, and also since they came up with SOSAR(same old sorry ass rams) which i loath to no end.

drdiags

Reaction score
Welcome Fitz. I suspect that the Cards will also have a turn of fortunes if they make the right hire. Not sure why Whiz/Graves didn't get that OL in better shape as well as identify a QB to take Warner's place. Looks like they may end up losing Kiem, which I don't understand considering he was such a hot FO commodity over the years.

The Rams has a coach that will have that defense performing well while he is there. I think Bradford is stabilizing and given more weapons will be formidable. The chances of all 4 teams being above .500 is slim but the days of a clear cut favorite could be disappearing.

I don't suspect that the 9ers will be going away anytime soon. Justin Smith on defense is the oldest guy and could be around a few more years if injuries don't start robbing him of playing time.

The NFC as a whole looks to have some young blood popping up. The Bucs and Panthers in the South could be much better in the future. Skins have turned it around though Detroit has regressed, maybe temporarily.

See you around.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
drdiags":u47dybd4 said:
Welcome Fitz. I suspect that the Cards will also have a turn of fortunes if they make the right hire. Not sure why Whiz/Graves didn't get that OL in better shape as well as identify a QB to take Warner's place. Looks like they may end up losing Kiem, which I don't understand considering he was such a hot FO commodity over the years.

The Rams has a coach that will have that defense performing well while he is there. I think Bradford is stabilizing and given more weapons will be formidable. The chances of all 4 teams being above .500 is slim but the days of a clear cut favorite could be disappearing.

I don't suspect that the 9ers will be going away anytime soon. Justin Smith on defense is the oldest guy and could be around a few more years if injuries don't start robbing him of playing time.

The NFC as a whole looks to have some young blood popping up. The Bucs and Panthers in the South could be much better in the future. Skins have turned it around though Detroit has regressed, maybe temporarily.

See you around.

Agree with your Cards assessment, kind of a head scratcher, hopefully they continue these kind of moves :D

Fisher definatly has our defense headed in the right direction, while not even having a true D-coordinator and using a comittee. If we add a safety(Dahl is horrid) and OLB(mcContosh has been less then stellar) and maybe a DL depth our defense will be complete for the most part and the rest can go to offense(which is much needed).

looks like the NFC as a whole has gotten better then the AFC

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Regarding your various draft picks from the Skins, almost makes no difference whether they're closer to #1 or #32, cuz you guys got a buttful!!! Don't know if this was Fisher or Snead or both, but man what a haul!

Good luck next year. It'll be a tough division for sure. I hope you're right below us at #2. :p

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
tdlabrie":1hndf4bg said:
Regarding your various draft picks from the Skins, almost makes no difference whether they're closer to #1 or #32, cuz you guys got a buttful!!! Don't know if this was Fisher or Snead or both, but man what a haul!

Good luck next year. It'll be a tough division for sure. I hope you're right below us at #2. :p

To us rams fans it makes a differance lol. But how the draft is working out this year its ok, there isnt a lot of top tier talent like other years.

I will take us #2 below you guys in a heart beat next year. just means we are both better then the whiners and in the playoffs probably.

As to your Fisher/Snead comment, i think its both. Fisher never had any control while in Tenn.(he didnt want Young) Now he has some control and a GM he can work with and they are in charge, which really makes this a lot different then his time with the Titans. I love the direction the Rams are headed in.

Good luck to you as well. and thanks for the kind words.

I am really loving joining this site, even if its a team i dont like. you guys are really cool and level headed for the most part. i couldnt ask for more from a team website.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Hey Fitz, feel free to hop on the post season bandwagon! Might as well enjoy the good company now since we'll probably be required to hate on each other starting next year when you guys are in the playoff/division hunt along with us ;). I disagree with your thought that the 49ers will be able to keep the pace. They had their "era" last year, I hope they enjoyed it.

Jeff Fisher is a damn good coach and with all of the draft choices you guys have coming up I'm just glad that PC/JS had a couple of years head start on him.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":2fcve7h6 said:
Hey Fitz, feel free to hop on the post season bandwagon! Might as well enjoy the good company now since we'll probably be required to hate on each other starting next year when you guys are in the playoff/division hunt along with us ;). I disagree with your thought that the 49ers will be able to keep the pace. They had their "era" last year, I hope they enjoyed it.

Jeff Fisher is a damn good coach and with all of the draft choices you guys have coming up I'm just glad that PC/JS had a couple of years head start on him.

I hope your right about the Whiners, would love for them to fall from grace :)

I feel the same that we are going to hate each other for a while, but im glad if we have that rivalry, will mean we both dont suck and are good lol.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I have nothing but respect for the Rams after that game last Sunday. Looking forward to a lot of good Hawks-Rams games to come in future seasons!

Shock2k

Reaction score
Ya the Rams have shown some real pride this year. Even when they were completely out of the playoffs they continued to play teams tough.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Oh my, I went into this thread thinking a ram had found access to a computer and taught himself to type!

Riley12

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":347xr5ne said:
I love how the NFC West has gone from the worst division to one of the best and hardest divisions in the league.

I agree. The division becoming tougher can only bring good things to both of our teams.

Thanks for stopping by and for the well wishes.

Go Hawks!

Go NFC West!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rams are for real. Now if we could only trade the Tards out of the division so we can really become the most dominant division in the NFL. <smirk>

The Radish

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Fitz, glad to have you.

I am a member of Clan Ram but only get over there about once a year.

Fisher is your answer all of us here are sad to say. lol

:les:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Thanks for stopping by, Fitz.

Rams are on definitely making strides. Are you content hitching your wagon to Sam Bradford's star?

Latest posts