The Browner effect

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
The Browner effect
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 am
  • I am the only one that sees the return of BB as being a HUGE factor in this game?

The guy is monster and a turnover creating machine in the clutch. In the running game he makes hard core tackles while ripping the ball out and is a threat for the pick. I'm not going off stats, just his disruption level.

He nearly won that GB on defense with a strip/tackle that GB recovered behind the 5 yard line. He did it in Carolina on the run to the edge and at least one other time. I don't think we noticed as much because the Hawks won those games, but I see his return as huge.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Re: The Browner effect
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 am
  • Oh, undoubtedbly huge. The only question I have is how rusty he is going to be. He said while he was off that he emulated the Seahawks schedule so he would stay in synch with them. He also is one of the hardest working guys in practice (from reports in TC), so it's really only game rust that I'm worried about. He'll have some fresh legs, which will be really nice covering those quicker WRs; he'll have less mileage on him.

I think he's actually going to be huge on the outside this game. RGIII loves to bounce stuff outside in the run game. Browner should have the speed to close, as evidenced by his catch of AP from behind in that game. If Griffin isn't thinking about Browner lowering the boom on him from that side, he will the first time he gets hit. It could end up being a psychological factor.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 am
  • No- I do too. I think since we have done so well without him it may have put him in the back of the minds of some others, IDK. He may very well be that guy again come Sunday albeit a possible PI or two. The risk is worth the reward IMO.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am
  • The only thing that worries me is how prepared he will be, as in game shape. But yeah that CB spot definitely will improve regardless (no knock on Land/Maxwell). He improves our Pass/Run defense tremendously.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 am
  • It's a good observation. I dig Browner a lot and even I undervalue his contributions, at times.
    Guy comes up BIG.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 am
  • RGIII tempts fate a lot when he runs, and he does fumble the ball when he gets walloped. (9 fumbles this year, only 2 lost.) Browner should have a couple opportunities.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 am
  • He'll still get burned on longer routes, but I've come to see his impact as more than worth it. Great run defender, knack for stripping balls, brilliant at shutting down slant routes inside 7 yards. (That last part though, means that his best worth probably won't be until the games after Washington.)
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 am
  • agreed, Browner was the reason why we beat Carolina.
    he had a huge strip and a a clutch defensive tackle to prevent a touchdown
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:I am the only one that sees the return of BB as being a HUGE factor in this game?

Nope. Everybody thinks this.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:04 am
  • What I'm most excited about is having Sherman and Browner out there and hopefully seeing more of Lane as the nickel corner. I think Lane is going to be a pretty good football player. All the respect to Trufant in the world, he's been a great Seahawk and its so nice to see a guy get to stay in his home state his career but he's obviously on the down-slope of his career.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 am
  • Just the physicality of the defense goes up a couple notches when he's on the field. Dude is a beast, still can't believe he's a corner.

Just thinking about when he took Greg Jennings lunch money. Straight up bully on the playground, taking nerds lunch money and making them cry.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... side-block
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 am
  • If RG3 tries even one hero run in this game, I hope Kam & Browner absolutely sandwich him.

*To visiting Redskins fans, I define a "hero run" as a run where the QB does not slide when he knows contact is imminent.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 am
  • 2 vicious hits minimum please...
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 am
  • I really hope he is ready to go, while it was nice to see the youngsters get some play, BB is the nasty of this defense !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 am
  • I'm looking forward to seeing him force a fumble on Sunday
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:36 pm
  • Browner and Chancellor are equal parts boom! Wasn't it Browner who softened up Welker? Someone send that video to Santana Moss. ;)
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 pm
  • were other teammates allowed to interact / workout with him outside of the facilities or was all contact with anyone from the team prohibited?

EDIT: nevermind-- http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/st ... ension-fun
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Has anybody seen photos from practice this week on seahawks.com ? Brandon looks like he is completely locked in and ready to punish opponents. He just has that look on his face.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information