My .NET Family,
As we close out 2012 we look back at what may be one of the most memorable years we've ever had as Seahawks fans, I wanted to personally say thank you.
- Thank you first and foremost to the Godfather, Aros. This always has been, and always will be your baby. Without you and your love of the Seahawks (and your fellow 12th man) we wouldn't exist. The world is a better place for what you've created here my friend, and you should feel proud. Thank you for .NET
- Next, thank you to all of the staff we've had throughout the years. It takes a special kind of person to donate their own free time to a website without anything in return, and you all should be commended for that. The admins, mods, chat staff, writers, editors, and everyone else who make this the best place for Seahawks talk & info, I thank you. Special shout-outs to Kidhawk, Kitsapguy, Dfarrar, AbsolutNET, Anguish, and Sadhappy for their big-time contributions.
- Above all other staff; thank you to the legend, and my friend, Mr Radish. Les, you've given more to this community than anyone could expect, and in return, you've created lasting friendships with hundreds of people over the years. Some online, but some in the real world too. This community wouldn't be the same without you. You are the soul of .NET
- To the lifers, members of .NET from the beginning dating back to the mid to late 90's. You guys have no lives, but you helped build this thing to the thriving community it is. People come and go, but I want to thank you for your contributions, and especially those that still frequent the board.
- To my wife and kids, who have to deal with a dad/husband that can sometimes get pulled away from their time to take care of a silly website (one that my wife still secretly wishes I'd put up ads so she can buy a new SUV). It's always been a labor of love for me, but a sacrifice for them and I thank them for it. My hope is that regardless of what happens to this beast in 10, 20, or 50 years from now, even if it fades away to obscurity, my son & daughter can look back on it as the thing that helped dad form a bond and friendships that never die. Thanks guys, and know thousands of Seahawks fan appreciate you for your support.
- Thank you to those of you that have not only spent your time and efforts for the site, but your hard-earned dollars as well. Your donations have made this thing run for all these years, and they continue to do so to this day. To those using the Amazon link to purchase your items, thank you and it's a big help. The BIGGEST thank you to those that donate directly to us, especially Gold, Platinum, and top 5 supporters whom have given hundreds of dollars individually over the years. Thank you for making sure I'm not flipping the bill for constantly-rising hosting costs as we reach millions of site visits (and saving me from divorce as a result!).
- And finally, to all of you. Since relieving capt Aros and taking over the wheelhouse 5 years ago, we've gone from a niche website with hundreds of rabid posters to a thriving International community hosting hundreds of thousands of people from around the world. The growth has brought us hundreds of "regulars" that we know and love based only upon an avatar, signature, and personality but also thousands of "lurkers" and readers each day. It's gone from a place for people to chat about Seahawks to one of the largest and most-viewed Seahawks information website on the internet (#2 recently in Seahawks-related sites). Thank you for not only being .NET, but doing great things like self-policing the forums to keep us in line, welcoming new posters with open arms, and giving us (staff) suggestions on how we can improve. Thank you .NET!
As we roll into 2013 and a very exciting playoff run, we look forward to what will be coming with excitement. Not only with the team, but our little niche corner of the internet. You can look forward to a complete redesign of the site, as well as a contest to submit ideas for the new .NET logo & pattern with an unbelievable prize (hint: it's Big Walt related).
To all of us, I say thank you for making our community the home it is. I look forward to many more days of humor, intelligence, arguing, frustration, and everything else this place is in 2013. And in the immortal words of Mr Russell Wilson,