A friend of mine died a couple days ago.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I just found out. He was from Seattle. I met him in a bar in Minneapolis. Seahawks football brought us together. He called me Steve Largent for years. He was a punk rock skateboard kinda person. One of his favorite memories was Steve Largent visiting his school as a kid. He had a spinal condition as a boy (pretty sure it was the same one Largent's kid has). He told me that story at least 15 times. I gave him a Seahawks wristband once and he acted like I had given him a thousand dollars. Whenever our paths crossed he would squawk 'Go Seahawks!' Anyway, he spent his last year living in Hawaii and kayaking and sailing. Died of some diabetes shit at the age of 35. No Godspeeds nor thoughts and prayers, please. Just enjoy Seahawks football this weekend like I know you will, everybody. The Seahawks and our friendships are some of the best things happening.

Oh. His name was Ethan Rice, on the off chance anybody from Seattle knew him.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Nice tribute to your friend. Sorry to hear about the loss.

Like your friend would say...

GO SEAHAWKS!

sturg78

Reaction score
He will have the best seat in the house Sunday, keep screaming 12.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Can't think of a better way of spending my last year than living in Hawaii and kayaking.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Guess it's pretty easy to overlook the fact that I always look forward to hearing what you foo's have to say. Crazy how the number 12 can make people who have never seen each other in their lives become instant friends. Great thread, not what I was expecting and very eye-opening. Go Hawks.

djb28

Reaction score
Football I must say is one thing that can bond two people together who do not know one another or who would ever speak to another in normal circumstance. There is a guy in this Goodwill store I frequent. I saw him all the time but never spoke to him. He is always bopping around the store and stocking shelves or moving stuff for customers. One day I went in there with a Hawks Jersey on. After almost a year of never speaking to this guy , When he saw my jersey he started a conversation instantly with me. The Hawks were his fathers team and he has always kept on top of them as his second team. ( I think more with the enthusiasm he had)

Now when I go in there we talk all the time. I saw him and his girl at dinner one night and we talked for almost an hour. Funny thing is, My girl and his girl pretty much ignored one another. Woman are catty! They should find common ground like men do in Football. Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble, Your story just hit a spot in me and made me think of Nick at the store. He isnt a close friend but we do now have a bond. And it is because of the Seahawks! GO HAWKS! RIP

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Before going into the Light Ethan, catch the game from the sidelines my man. Then after the victory, enjoy your trip Home.

GO HAWKS!

Riley12

Reaction score
bestfightstory":272ariaz said:
The Seahawks and our friendships are some of the best things happening.

Very true. I treasure the friendships that I've made and maintain through my insane devotion to the Seahawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thanks for reminding us all of the bond that ahs been made from something as simple as being a fan and bonding over conversation.

As different as we all can be away from here every one of you has a place within my thoughts over the years.

Go Seahawks!