OP
OP
Hawkfan77

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Pikachu":210b57xs said:
Hawkfan77":210b57xs said:
Pikachu":210b57xs said:
Of course it matters. If you're 3-5 in road games, and the last road play off game your team won was 29 years ago....I think it says a lot Bout the Seahawks.
What does it say about the 2012 Seahawks? I don't get it...
It means for almost 3 decades, your franchise has been unable to win on the road. And it shows in your regular season record as well.

I'm not trying to belittle your team, but it is a stat that you can't ignore.
Again, what does 1983 have to do with 2012? This is the most pathetic grasp ever.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Pikachu":1l7rfqn1 said:
Hawkfan77":1l7rfqn1 said:
Pikachu":1l7rfqn1 said:
Of course it matters. If you're 3-5 in road games, and the last road play off game your team won was 29 years ago....I think it says a lot Bout the Seahawks.
What does it say about the 2012 Seahawks? I don't get it...
It means for almost 3 decades, your franchise has been unable to win on the road. And it shows in your regular season record as well.

There are very few players on the Seahawks roster who were even born then, so it means NOTHING. Fans can say it means whatever, I'm sure the players don't give a #$%^.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Pikachu":61t22i7b said:

The last time someone scored 50 points in back to back games was 62 years ago..

This team has been rewriting history for the last 2 months.. the road playoff thing will be the latest mark to fall.

drdiags

Reaction score
Pikachu":iwr7mkmv said:

The '05 Seahawks hadn't won a playoff game in 2 decades until playing the Skins. Things can change. Just like sooner or later Ryan's Falcons are going to win a playoff game. Folks could be getting lathered up for nothing.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
CANHawk":hn34kl1o said:
I can't wait until the Redskin fans go away. They're really quite annoying...

lol all we've done is debate, just like most fans would...if we bring up legitimate points, there is no reason to be annoyed outside ouer homerism.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":kfk7tpjv said:
CANHawk":kfk7tpjv said:

lol all we've done is debate, just like most fans would...if we bring up legitimate points, there is no reason to be annoyed outside ouer homerism.

As you can see, one of yours did just bring up the "haven't won a playoff road game in 29 years" point, so legitimate points are far from the only ones being brought.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
youngchew":ggxkweux said:
Regular season record doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

The 15-1 Packers got knocked out in their first playoff game last year. The 9-7 Giants won the Superbowl.

History says otherwise. In the last 20 years about 50% of the #1 seeds have made the superbowl

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CANHawk":6lk4htp7 said:

You have it all wrong.. per their dictatorship of a message board, Seahawk fans are the anti-Christ

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pikachu":28n7man0 said:

So why does our road record matter, but your awful home record doesn't? 64-63 since Fed Ex opened, and WAY below .500 the past 4-5 years.

If you're going to throw out stats, at least be consistent.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson isn't the same QB as he was in the beginning of the Season, and in fact, ALL the Rookies (Sweezy, Turbin, Wagner Etc.) are completely different players than they were in the beginning,,You don't start out playing and making mistakes, and then continue on that level.
Everything that happened last Year has gone by the wayside, and now we start anew with the new and improved Seattle Seahawks.
These Seahawks are going to play on the road with the play at home mindset>>>>>>GOOOOOOOOOO S E A H A W K S!!!!!

CANHawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":121wowsl said:
rdskns4eva":121wowsl said:
CANHawk":121wowsl said:

As you can see, one of yours did just bring up the "haven't won a playoff road game in 29 years" point, so legitimate points are far from the only ones being brought.

And I also saw a thread that said the three reasons the Skins are going to win are RG3, RG3 and RG3. Nice debating skills.

People are going to find out this weekend that "RG3" is "RG-overrated".

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hot ... -advantage

Washington Redskins
They have the league's third-largest stadium (after the Giants/Jets and Cowboys), but it doesn't translate into a home-field advantage. Washington has a .478 home winning percentage over the past 20 years, the fourth-worst mark

Just to add to this in the last decade you only have 6 more wins at home then we have on the road
http://www.sportsdatallc.com/2012/09/04 ... ntage-nfl/

So we could say because your at home you will lose because of history :stirthepot:

Decimation

Reaction score
Pikachu":e4zqoxer said:
I think it says alot about the Redskins for the fact that their last two playoff appearances have been losses to the Seahawks. What has your team done in the past 20 years?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We're 5-0 since the training wheels came off.

Twisted

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3hopl9s5 said:
We are 11-5, but does it matter how we got to those 11 wins? The talking heads keep bringing up our 3-5 road record as a reason why we will lose to the Redskins. Our record:

the Hawks have shut up the talking heads so many times this year I lost count, how bout that old Cowboys crack head and his last 3 Seahawk game picks?

what a dolt, something the NFL experts aren't lacking, DOLTS

I like watching those goofy women stuff their high heels down their throats during Pete Carrol interviews, EPIC!!!

Shock2k

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":1nly6xq4 said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-home-field-advantage/nfl-hot-read-which-teams-biggest-home-field-advantage

Washington Redskins
They have the league's third-largest stadium (after the Giants/Jets and Cowboys), but it doesn't translate into a home-field advantage. Washington has a .478 home winning percentage over the past 20 years, the fourth-worst mark

Just to add to this in the last decade you only have 6 more wins at home then we have on the road
http://www.sportsdatallc.com/2012/09/04 ... ntage-nfl/

So we could say because your at home you will lose because of history :stirthepot:

Funny fact that hasn't been covered yet. The Redskins are actually playing better offense on the road. I didn't look to far into it, but could it be the field conditions?

Twisted

Reaction score
Pikachu":13h5023k said:

you might have a point if it was the same personnel or even some of the same, but the fact of the matter is since 2000 the Hawks have played 11 post season games, I'll let you figure out why all of those 11 weren't road games.

Hawks have also won 5 playoff games since 2000 as well but thats the old squad, even 2010 was old squad when they beat the reigning champions at the woodshed with a losing record.

todays Seahawks are a much improved team and most of their first 8 games were road games so yea, they were bound to lose some of those, the Seahawks drastically improved as a team and an organization since week 8 proving not only can they win on the road but bust off a few cleats on the road as well..

the Hawks do play well on the road, they just play better at home and as of late have a tendency to run up the score, its all about being dialed in and pleasing the crowd. ;)

yungeva

Reaction score
This 11-5 team looks more dangerous to me than the 2005 super bowl team