The Browner effect

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am the only one that sees the return of BB as being a HUGE factor in this game?

The guy is monster and a turnover creating machine in the clutch. In the running game he makes hard core tackles while ripping the ball out and is a threat for the pick. I'm not going off stats, just his disruption level.

He nearly won that GB on defense with a strip/tackle that GB recovered behind the 5 yard line. He did it in Carolina on the run to the edge and at least one other time. I don't think we noticed as much because the Hawks won those games, but I see his return as huge.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Oh, undoubtedbly huge. The only question I have is how rusty he is going to be. He said while he was off that he emulated the Seahawks schedule so he would stay in synch with them. He also is one of the hardest working guys in practice (from reports in TC), so it's really only game rust that I'm worried about. He'll have some fresh legs, which will be really nice covering those quicker WRs; he'll have less mileage on him.

I think he's actually going to be huge on the outside this game. RGIII loves to bounce stuff outside in the run game. Browner should have the speed to close, as evidenced by his catch of AP from behind in that game. If Griffin isn't thinking about Browner lowering the boom on him from that side, he will the first time he gets hit. It could end up being a psychological factor.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
No- I do too. I think since we have done so well without him it may have put him in the back of the minds of some others, IDK. He may very well be that guy again come Sunday albeit a possible PI or two. The risk is worth the reward IMO.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is how prepared he will be, as in game shape. But yeah that CB spot definitely will improve regardless (no knock on Land/Maxwell). He improves our Pass/Run defense tremendously.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
It's a good observation. I dig Browner a lot and even I undervalue his contributions, at times.
Guy comes up BIG.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RGIII tempts fate a lot when he runs, and he does fumble the ball when he gets walloped. (9 fumbles this year, only 2 lost.) Browner should have a couple opportunities.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He'll still get burned on longer routes, but I've come to see his impact as more than worth it. Great run defender, knack for stripping balls, brilliant at shutting down slant routes inside 7 yards. (That last part though, means that his best worth probably won't be until the games after Washington.)

Axx

Reaction score
agreed, Browner was the reason why we beat Carolina.
he had a huge strip and a a clutch defensive tackle to prevent a touchdown

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1z4iau1t said:
I am the only one that sees the return of BB as being a HUGE factor in this game?

Nope. Everybody thinks this.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
What I'm most excited about is having Sherman and Browner out there and hopefully seeing more of Lane as the nickel corner. I think Lane is going to be a pretty good football player. All the respect to Trufant in the world, he's been a great Seahawk and its so nice to see a guy get to stay in his home state his career but he's obviously on the down-slope of his career.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If RG3 tries even one hero run in this game, I hope Kam & Browner absolutely sandwich him.

*To visiting Redskins fans, I define a "hero run" as a run where the QB does not slide when he knows contact is imminent.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I really hope he is ready to go, while it was nice to see the youngsters get some play, BB is the nasty of this defense !

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Browner and Chancellor are equal parts boom! Wasn't it Browner who softened up Welker? Someone send that video to Santana Moss. ;)

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Has anybody seen photos from practice this week on seahawks.com ? Brandon looks like he is completely locked in and ready to punish opponents. He just has that look on his face.

Latest posts