11-5 Does it matter how?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
We are 11-5, but does it matter how we got to those 11 wins? The talking heads keep bringing up our 3-5 road record as a reason why we will lose to the Redskins. Our record:

Home: 8-0
Road: 3-5

If we were:
Home: 6-2
Road: 5-3

Would you feel more comfortable about this teams chances in the playoffs? Less comfortable? Or does it not change anything?

Let's say we swap out the GB and NE home victories for the Miami and Det road losses. Does that change anything for you about how you feel about this team's chances?

I say no. I would rather have those two wins at home vs Division Champions than ones against Det and Miami.

Fox0r

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, since our winning streak began we're 2-0 on the road and it's a brand new season now.

youngchew

Reaction score
Regular season record doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

The 15-1 Packers got knocked out in their first playoff game last year. The 9-7 Giants won the Superbowl.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
People need to get a grip on the whole "ROAD WOES" stuff. This team isn't the same team that walked into AZ or STL. Every game was a 1 score affair, so we weren't bad in any case.

I have confidence that we'll get it done. Someone shared it on here that RW is the 2nd highest road QB since the 2nd week of the season. We are peaking at the right time. If we can play well on 3rd down and force FG tries instead of TD's we'll win this game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If we'd been beaten on the road by more than one score multiple times I'd be concerned.

We've been in every single game we've played this year till the end. The only one you could argue being out of was at SF, which was a poor game all around from a poor run defense, to receiver drops, to russell not being sharp. That was our "dog" of a game and we were still alive well into the 4th quarter.

The team has been getting better at everything all season. There's no reason to think that playing on the road is as big a deal as it's made out to be.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'd rather it be the way it is. Most teams, save those with horrible home field advantage, have more trouble on the road than at home. Some get some cupcake teams on the road making it much easier to win. Three of our losses on the road were against division foes; one the very first game of Wilson's career. All were close, in spite of being at the homes of division rivals. At home we should have dominated and we did. Games like Buffalo - in a semi-"neutral" site against a lesser team we should have won handily and did.

The games that really worry me are the Miami and Detroit games, and to a certain extent, the Panthers game. Those three games should have been wins. The Panthers game was a win, but against a 6-10 team, that was worse at the beginning of the year and didn't surge until far after we played them, we should have dominated more than just won.

Winning the games we should win handily, plus winning at least some of the games that are either close or we are the underdogs, are the sign of a solid team. Having a better record on the road and not winning as much at home can signify flukier wins. I'll take solid consistency over flukes any day of the week.

Cartire

Reaction score
Regardless, I wouldnt want to swap out GB and NE games for 2 crap team wins.

Beating Good teams is more motivating then beatings crap teams.

drdiags

Reaction score
Gives analyst something to ponder. Since some are putting the Seahawks in the glorified air of potential Superbowl contestants/winners, they need to look at the pros/cons, pretender/contender aspect. The losses at Detroit and Miami needs to be analyzed to understand any fatal flaws in the team.

Plus the fact that to make it to the big game, the odds are high the Seahawks will have to be road warriors to get there. Nothing until now shown by the team would have the casual observer think they can get that done. Time to step up or go home.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Apparently it does matter because when I bring up we won the NFC east, all I keep hearing on this board is how weak the NFC East is lol, so yea, I guess it does matter how you get your record. And I guess you guys got your record by being unstoppable at home but beatable on the road while the Redskins can play at home or on the road (5-3 both on the road and at home).

Now, you can believe that if you want. I dont...This is the NFL, it's not easy winning games.

drdiags

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":1nzhboex said:
Apparently it does matter because when I bring up we won the NFC east, all I keep hearing on this board is how weak the NFC East is lol, so yea, I guess it does matter how you get your record. And I guess you guys got your record by being unstoppable at home but beatable on the road while the Redskins can play at home or on the road (5-3 both on the road and at home).

Now, you can believe that if you want. I dont...This is the NFL, it's not easy winning games.

Sorry to hear folks are bashing the NFCE as weak but I remember Skins fans giving Seahawks fans grief over the NFCW in '05 and '07. Blowhards exist in both fanbases. They quickly go away when things don't go their way. One set of them will be disappointed after this weekend. I hope it is yours and not ours. Take care.

Pikachu

Reaction score
Of course it matters. If you're 3-5 in road games, and the last road play off game your team won was 29 years ago....I think it says a lot Bout the Seahawks.

Cartire

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":sd3gbpem said:

and this is where SOS and SOV come so well into play. Its not just home and away, its who you play.

SOS
T17 Seattle Seahawks 0.504 127 125
24 Washington Redskins 0.494 126 129

SOV
Seattle Seahawks 0.534
Washington Rediskins 0.450

Our SOS of schedule is close, but we beat the tougher opponents

CANHawk

Reaction score
Pikachu":10rc030d said:
Of course it matters. If you're 3-5 in road games, and the last road play off game your team won was 29 years ago....I think it says a lot Bout the Seahawks.

Yep. You're right. We're screwed. Bobby Griffen need not bring his A-Game. We'll just lie down in the fetal position and wait until the savage beating at the hands of the mighty Redskins is over. :180670:

BlueTalons

Reaction score
2010 Packers were 3-5 on the road...and were the #6 and won the Super Bowl. They even lost their last 3 regular season road games.

All this "road woes" talk is a stereotype - basing one independent thing to support another independent thing. This team has a MINDSET instilled them like no other Hawks team before them.

Pikachu

Reaction score
CANHawk":3sao7x7k said:
Pikachu":3sao7x7k said:

Yep. You're right. We're screwed. Bobby Griffen need not bring his A-Game. We'll just lie down in the fetal position and wait until the savage beating at the hands of the mighty Redskins is over. :180670:
it's hard to look at those stats and not be a little discouraged

OP
OP
Hawkfan77

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Pikachu":2zn2oxie said:
What does it say about the 2012 Seahawks? I don't get it...

Pikachu

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1tx9q7vx said:
Pikachu":1tx9q7vx said:
What does it say about the 2012 Seahawks? I don't get it...
It means for almost 3 decades, your franchise has been unable to win on the road. And it shows in your regular season record as well.

I'm not trying to belittle your team, but it is a stat that you can't ignore.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
That 11-5 record got us to the playoffs but means nothing now. We put up or shut up. Playoffs are a whole different animal.

Latest posts