Who's your most dissapointing player?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Brandon Mebane. He really tailed off early on IMO.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Based on how a lot of you felt in the preseason Im shocked Flynn isn't on the list.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm seeing Rice's name. Dude was huge for us this year. Game winning catches in both the Patriots and Bears games. He took a bunch of brutal hits this year and laid out on the line for us time and time again, so I'm OK with his relative inactivity the past two games.

I'm most disappointed in Sherman. I expected him to have more interceptions. :p

(Or I'm most disappointed in Jason Jones. Since he's been gone, I feel like our pass rush has really suffered. Baldwin would also be on this list for regular receivers. And Flynn was a huge disappointment as T-Sizzle mentioned, but moreso because his contract is now a bit of an albatross on the team's neck.)

Renohawk

Reaction score
Im going Moffitt, I expected a lot of things with him and Carp, Carp has had some injuries, but the most part Moffitt has been healthy and to lose your position to a rookie who's never played the position before is very dissapointing.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":4gdey9ct said:
Based on how a lot of you felt in the preseason Im shocked Flynn isn't on the list.

I think it is more or less because he didn't lose the position per se, he just got beat out (injury probably helped). I was hopeful RW was our future cause I was hoping we would draft him, but man I think all of us are just happy as hell we have a QBOTF.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
In terms of not meeting my high expectations, I'd probably say Baldwin. He was ok, but obviously a big drop off from last year.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Miller?

You're criticizing a guy for not having the offensive stat based production you expect because the coaching staff needs him to block?

If you want to be disappointed in that, be disappointed in the coaching or OL that makes it necessary for Miller to block as much as he does.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Atradees":3cyia9xj said:
miller...clearly not a probowl player. Kinda average.

Miller is arguably the best blocking TE in the league, without him our run heavy offense doesn't perform as well. Ask any of the coaches and they don't hesitate to sing his praises.

Carpenter is hands down the biggest disappointment. Not all his fault, he should have never been drafted in the first round which raised the expectations. But anytime a first rounder is drafted to be a cornerstone tackle and is immediately moved to guard because he can't hack it, and can't even start there either = disappointment.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
ParisPC07":1dlrqinb said:
Aaron Curry.

Good call, was going to say the same thing!
He went from the hyped up pre-anointed 10 year all--pro Seahawks great, to out of the league. Unreal.

:shock:

dunceface

Reaction score
Basis4day":2tf24q79 said:
I'm sorry, but Miller?

You're criticizing a guy for not having the offensive stat based production you expect because the coaching staff needs him to block?

If you want to be disappointed in that, be disappointed in the coaching or OL that makes it necessary for Miller to block as much as he does.

I dont get the Miller criticism either, his receiving has been very clutch this year on crucial 3rd downs and in the red zone (remember that one hander TD??!)
Our offense just doesnt rely heavily on TEs catching the ball so he doesnt post big numbers but I have been very happy with his emergence as a reliable target in clutch situations

Shock2k

Reaction score
Psychobabbler":2jyhv52s said:
Braylon Edwards. Let the game winner in game 1 go right through his hands, followed it up with a bunch of meh, and went crying back to Rexie and the Jets.

God, how could I forget Braylon... bar none biggest dissapointment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ParisPC07":1acmjarv said:
Aaron Curry.

That was a Mora draft pick, I didn't know we were talking all time Hawks. In that case Bosworth..........by far the most hype of any Hawk draft pick (most of it out of his own mouth).

You could also throw in the long list of 1st round QB busts like Mirer, Stouffer and McGwire.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd have to go with Doug Baldwin, which is hard because there have been a few great plays this season for him, but we really could have used last year's version of Doug Baldwin in those first several games where the offense was rough.

A lot of it is injury related for him too though. I'd be hard pressed to find a player I was disappointed with that wasn't due in large part to injury.

I'm also a little disappointed in many of the penalties on our O-Line.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm going Bruce Irvin. I know it's not fair. He has 8 sacks, is a rook, and has played every game. It's the FO's fault for creating unreasonable expectations by picking guys like Wagner in the 2nd and Wilson in the 3rd :)

Veilside

Reaction score
Kris Durham and Ricardo Lockette for me. I was really thinking we may had found that #2 WR with good size that could take the top off the defense. Luckily Tate decided to step up and be a huge playmaker despite lacking the ideal size of the other 2.

I was also expecting more for Baldwin this season but know that injury had a lot to do with it. I'm glad he's started to show up big going into the playoffs.

Moore also was hugely dissapointing but glad Mccoy started showing up (even if he looks like a spaz when he's running the ball).

Had high hopes for Toomer taking over that WLB position from Hill. Happy Malcolm Smith is looking good though.

Was really hoping Jaye Howard would be able to step in for Jason Jones if needed. Apparently not the case yet.

Axx

Reaction score
Trufant, so many 3rd and long coverages busted thanks to one player.
he is every offense "go to guy" on 3rd down....

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in this topic...WE HAVE A PLAYOFF GAME IN 2 DAYS!!

SEAHAWKS!

Latest posts