Joe Buck & Troy Aikman

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't mind them calling games, but in 2007 or 2008, during a pre-season game, Aikman said that following.

"I am just going to call it right now. The Forty-Niners are going to win the NFCW this year."

Other than that idiotic line, I am cool with him also.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Buck's call of the David Tyree catch is one of the worst calls in a big game I've ever heard. One of the most unbelievable plays in Super Bowl history and his voice doesn't change an iota, and all he says is "and the ball is caught....by David Tyree...". A total Buzz Killington

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Steve2222":mgqh5ksi said:
I would love to have heard Buck call Marshawns Beast quake run.

Buck: [monotone voice] Lynch gets the hand off.....breaks a tackle.....stiff arms a defender.......................................................................................................................Touchdown Seattle.
Hahaha definitely this.
I miss Artie on the Joe Buck Show, one hour of pure comedy

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I could name three teams off the top of my head that I'd rather have than Joe "Over the MIDDLE" Buck.

Incogneto

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3fyno1o6 said:
Joe Buck has one of the best announcer/radio voices in broadcasting. Some of the most exciting and historic baseball games have been called by him, and to me, he's better at small-ball than he is football.

The thing about his play by play, is his ability to create a heightened intensity through the use of the pauses between sentences during key moments in the action. The way he simply stops talking between "moments", makes the visual camera shot do the talking. His timing and ability to make the action seem more intense is the reason he's a Emmy winner, and a directors' dream to work with. When Joe Buck calls a game, its a big game.

Regarding Aikman, he represents a purity and "good old boy-ism" in the booth. By exhibiting a sound and thorough knowledge of the game that can be trusted, he's believable and tactful. He's one of the few that have never been part of a custody battle or been arrested for DUI. His perspectives are carefully-contrived and his delivery smooth and on-cue.

Announcer wise, I'm good with these guys calling my football game.

This couldn't be more incorrect. He makes every play sound completely mundane. For instance, The Helmet Catch by David Tyree is one of the most spectacular plays ever (from Manning avoiding the sack to an unbelievable catch). Just listen to his call of it that will go down in history:
[youtube]27XeNefwABw[/youtube]

I would much prefer Gus Johnson (skip to the :48 mark):
[youtube]qxSMP8yY-Pk[/youtube]

jman316

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":wjldlpgz said:
Aikman's great, I'd take him all the time if I could.

Funny, that's what Joe Buck says to himself every time he looks longingly at Troy.

"Oh Troy, show me your SuperBowl rings again...." *swoon* :179417: Then whispers "I love you" in Aikman's ear.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I absolutely hate this guys , its like having a double dose of Collinsworth .

both are just so negative :pukeface:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
They call about as boring of a game as anyone. I am not a fan. I wonder if the TV and radio might sync up for once. I'm not holding my breath.

Steve2222

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2h5gr67h said:
Joe Buck is...a little uptight.

[youtube]hfalnPNaETo[/youtube]

But I generally don't mind him.

lol yeah. Talk about blowing something way out of proportion. Its not like Moss gestured like he was masterbating then splattering his you know what all over the crowd. That was a fun, harmless crowd taunt.

I remember watching that game live thinking "really Joe Buck?"