Who's your most dissapointing player?

enamel

Reaction score
Baldwin. After the year he had last year, I was hoping he'd be at least as effective, and remain our 3rd down clutch receiver.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Carp - injuries, but highly, highly talented @ LG.
Moffitt - fairly big, but not as powerful as weight would indicate in the run game. Still a good angle/wall off blocker.
Lockette - As physically talented as there is, but raw and inconsistent.
Flynn - Maybe an odd choice, but I actually still think he can't start in this league. Obviously not here with a star rook.
Moore - Has the makings of a nice pass catching TE as a former WR. Dropped balls here. Went to PHI and dropped the game winning TD pass of their last game.

Jason Jones - Not as explosive off the snap as I saw at TEN. Good player, but not worth a big contract. Don't think he'll require one for another year or two though.
Clinton McDonald - We have some of our biggest troubles in run D when he's in for Mebane @ 1 tech. Not a stout as we saw in TC. Gets blown off the LOS too often.
Jaye Howard - Has combine measurables that are as good as you want from a DT. Quick, fairly fast with a 4.7 40, can anchor, and even take on a double team sometimes. That was watching Florida film though and he hasn't touched the field hardly at all here
Leroy Hill - Still a solid player. Injuries and the speed of some of his backups make him look a step slower. He's being challenged. Again, still a solid player though. If he switches to SLB he's better than many players in the league at that position. With how we shift strong side sometimes he ends up playing SLB up on the LOS for us anyway just like Wright does. Depends on time allowed and the play call.
Toomer - kid has talent through the roof. Rushed the passer a lot from DE as well as LB. 4.4 and a 40 some odd vert. Shows explosion. Couldn't get his responsibilities down and we already have 3 other 4.4 LBs on the team. Really hope he sticks and makes himself useful next year.
Guy/Shead - I think Johnson is a good player and made the decision for everyone, but I was hoping either Guy or Shead could use their prototypical size/speed combination in that 3rd safety role. Again though, Johnson stepped up and took it before the rooks knew what was going on.
Thurmond - getting injured again is actually what I expected, but still disappointed.
Tru - He's been picked on at various times of the year. Some times he's been a step slow and sometimes he's been mentally beat whether it be not locating the ball or turning his hips late. I'm hoping this is his last season after a SB win. Time to hang it up, man. Hate to say it, but....

Some of these aren't actually "disappointments" per se, but made note of it anyway.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
How can you not like Browner regardless of if he gets penalized alot?? That makes no sense to me. Watch him play. ..

Jason Jones, Braylon, and in a different sense of the word, Earl Thomas. He's dropped SO many potential INTs... Yes he's been great but he had enough opportunities to take that next step to truly elite, unbelievable game changer, #1 safety in the league hands down etc. He's even admitted in a number of different interviews I've heard that he could of had 8 or 9 picks. I truly thought this year was going to be an insanely productive year for him. Just didn't happen. .. but obviously his play had still been fantastic. I might be the only one in this position but I just love the guy and have such high expectations for him.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using qwerty swipe with the stylus. Now I'm cool like Tech Worlds, right?

OP
OP
hawker232

hawker232

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":1mmdk14x said:
How can you not like Browner regardless of if he gets penalized alot?? That makes no sense to me.

Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it that way. I think Browner, I really think he's a great CB obviousley. I'm just still a little bitter from all his penalties from last year. After looking at the stats, he's done a great job keeping the penalties low.

Atradees

Reaction score
Mr. Yugo, I am obviously terrible at photoshop. I dont like looking at Aaron Curry. Can I help you?

Atradees

Reaction score
The yugo

A stylish Yugo, Sherman yelling at Brady, and RW. Just store this at photobucket or whatever.

Hugs Me. (hopefully that wasnt insulting; the Irish werent clever enough to make renowned vehicles)

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Lmao!! I'm flattered by the offer but I spent a couple hours on MS PAINT a few years back on one dreadful, dreadful day in Seahawk history making this thing. As un-attached as I am to the player I am pretty damn proud of the sig.

Meeker

Reaction score
Red Bryant, he's been nearly invisible this year.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'd say Trufant, but my expectations were probably higher than they should have been due to my ignorance. As someone with a pretty limited knowledge of the Xs and Os and not being someone who has played the game in any serious way (unless Joe Montana Sports Talk Football counts), I didn't realize how different playing in the slot is from playing outside, and I assumed moving a decent outside corner to the slot would be a huge coup for us, making our secondary officially insane. I'm still disappointed in him, but I think that a lot of it was unnecessarily inflated expectations.

Jaye Howard or Thurmond for me. If Howard had turned out to be what was hoped for he'd be a huge asset to the team right now, though there's still time for him to turn around in the future, and Thurmond playing one game before getting hurt again is a huge bummer, definitely could've given our pass defense the huge bump I was hoping for from Trufant initially if he had stayed healthy. Not Walter's fault, but that doesn't console me too much.

kearly

Reaction score
Evan Moore by a country mile. Come on guys, how did so many of you miss this one?

If I based this off of the 90 players that were on the roster in early August, I'd say Terrell Owens. At first I thought it was a joke when Seattle signed him, but then I saw the his workout footage and was really impressed with how well he held up. He seemed like a very strong candidate for comeback player of the year (at the time) and Seattle needed a big power WR like him. For about a week I fully expected him to be a roster lock. He ended up being among the first round of cuts, and that was after having one of the worst pre-season performances I'd ever seen.

I actually really liked Rice this season. He stayed mostly healthy in a year where he took some brutal hits. He was our #1 WR for the season statistically. And when he wasn't 100% in the final two games, it had a big impact on Wilson's ability to find targets quickly.

quadsas

Reaction score
Thurmond probably. If he was healthy, even Brady or Godgers would be afraid to throw. 3 elite cornerbacks (I truly believe Thurmond can be elite) with elite safeties, and it's probably the best secondary league has ever seen.

A

Anonymous

This is a difficult question for me to answer, but I'd have to say Moffit also.