Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Who's your most dissapointing player?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:35 pm 
NET Rookie

What player did you have high expectations for that never really lived up to your standards? For me, it would have to be James Carpenter. I'm not dissapointed in his performance, I'm just very dissapointed that he is CONSTANTLY injured. Same with Thurmond. Both play great ball when they're in there though! Who's your most dissapointing player?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...

Post subject: Re: Who's your most dissapointing player?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 pm 
NET Veteran

Good question, I'd have to go with Thurmond. The guy has talent obviously, but flat out RARELY sees the field.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:45 pm 
NET Rookie

I really hope we don't let him go because of his injuries. I think he's to good of a talent to release. I would almost take him over Browner when you consider the amount of penalties Browner commits due to how big snd physical he is.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:46 pm 
NET Veteran

Lockette lol

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 pm 
NET Rookie

Brandon Browner for being a dumbass and missing 4 games for PED...I know we won those games but now that we got him back I'm skeptical that he can come back after a month off and play at the level he was playing at before his suspension...I'm hoping he can return and play without a hitch because we'll need him at full capacity for this playoff run.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm 
NET Rookie

Carp... I think he can be a very good guard, just needs to stay healthy.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:55 pm 
NET Rookie

Russell Wilson...joking...

If we're talking about any Seahawks team, I'm going with Mike Williams. He was disappointing a few years ago.

This year I would say Carpenter though. I wonder if he will ever get and stay healthy.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 pm 
NET Veteran

miller...clearly not a probowl player. Kinda average.

If I didnt know better I would say he has bad feet or something, He can't run fear of falling over.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

hawker232 wrote:
I really hope we don't let him go because of his injuries. I think he's to good of a talent to release. I would almost take him over Browner when you consider the amount of penalties Browner commits due to how big snd physical he is.

That's a disappointment based on last year, not this year. In the 2012 season, Browner has had only 6 penalties in 12 games; that's .5 per game. Hardly can be called a lot.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:04 am 
NET Veteran

Rice for not staying healthy, healthy he would open our offense a whole lot more then it already is.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:04 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

I'm disappointed in Rice. For the talent and body of a #1 WR, he doesn't show up in the game enough. A few times here and there, yes, but not consistently week in and week out.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:05 am 
NET Veteran

I'm dissapointed i didn't see more of Kearse, but I was of fan of him at Washington.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 am 
NET Veteran

Jason Jones, really thought he'd be a huge addition to our interrior pass rush. Glad this is a great year for D Line in the draft. Kipe has 12 DE/DT's in his top 25. It's also a decent year for big 2nd-3rd round WR's and we could use one of those too

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:10 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Wenhawk wrote:
Jason Jones, really thought he'd be a huge addition to our interrior pass rush.

Good point.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:10 am 
NET Starter

Albert Haynesworth, without a question.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 am 
NET Veteran

John Carlson

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:14 am 
NET Rookie

Jazzhawk wrote:
hawker232 wrote:

That's a disappointment based on last year, not this year. In the 2012 season, Browner has had only 6 penalties in 12 games; that's .5 per game. Hardly can be called a lot.

True. Never saw that stat. Now I'm not so anti Browner. I used to not like him, thinking he's a penalty machine. Glad you could open my eyes.
:0190l:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:21 am 
NET Rookie

TO. I was really hoping to see him pull a sharpie out of his sock this season.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:22 am 
NET Rookie

Braylon Edwards. Let the game winner in game 1 go right through his hands, followed it up with a bunch of meh, and went crying back to Rexie and the Jets.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:31 am 
NET Veteran

I had forgotten how disappointing Braylon was!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 am 
NET Practice Squad

Baldwin. After the year he had last year, I was hoping he'd be at least as effective, and remain our 3rd down clutch receiver.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 am 
NET Veteran

Carp - injuries, but highly, highly talented @ LG.
Moffitt - fairly big, but not as powerful as weight would indicate in the run game. Still a good angle/wall off blocker.
Lockette - As physically talented as there is, but raw and inconsistent.
Flynn - Maybe an odd choice, but I actually still think he can't start in this league. Obviously not here with a star rook.
Moore - Has the makings of a nice pass catching TE as a former WR. Dropped balls here. Went to PHI and dropped the game winning TD pass of their last game.

Jason Jones - Not as explosive off the snap as I saw at TEN. Good player, but not worth a big contract. Don't think he'll require one for another year or two though.
Clinton McDonald - We have some of our biggest troubles in run D when he's in for Mebane @ 1 tech. Not a stout as we saw in TC. Gets blown off the LOS too often.
Jaye Howard - Has combine measurables that are as good as you want from a DT. Quick, fairly fast with a 4.7 40, can anchor, and even take on a double team sometimes. That was watching Florida film though and he hasn't touched the field hardly at all here
Leroy Hill - Still a solid player. Injuries and the speed of some of his backups make him look a step slower. He's being challenged. Again, still a solid player though. If he switches to SLB he's better than many players in the league at that position. With how we shift strong side sometimes he ends up playing SLB up on the LOS for us anyway just like Wright does. Depends on time allowed and the play call.
Toomer - kid has talent through the roof. Rushed the passer a lot from DE as well as LB. 4.4 and a 40 some odd vert. Shows explosion. Couldn't get his responsibilities down and we already have 3 other 4.4 LBs on the team. Really hope he sticks and makes himself useful next year.
Guy/Shead - I think Johnson is a good player and made the decision for everyone, but I was hoping either Guy or Shead could use their prototypical size/speed combination in that 3rd safety role. Again though, Johnson stepped up and took it before the rooks knew what was going on.
Thurmond - getting injured again is actually what I expected, but still disappointed.
Tru - He's been picked on at various times of the year. Some times he's been a step slow and sometimes he's been mentally beat whether it be not locating the ball or turning his hips late. I'm hoping this is his last season after a SB win. Time to hang it up, man. Hate to say it, but....

Some of these aren't actually "disappointments" per se, but made note of it anyway.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 am 
NET Veteran

How can you not like Browner regardless of if he gets penalized alot?? That makes no sense to me. Watch him play. ..

Jason Jones, Braylon, and in a different sense of the word, Earl Thomas. He's dropped SO many potential INTs... Yes he's been great but he had enough opportunities to take that next step to truly elite, unbelievable game changer, #1 safety in the league hands down etc. He's even admitted in a number of different interviews I've heard that he could of had 8 or 9 picks. I truly thought this year was going to be an insanely productive year for him. Just didn't happen. .. but obviously his play had still been fantastic. I might be the only one in this position but I just love the guy and have such high expectations for him.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using qwerty swipe with the stylus. Now I'm cool like Tech Worlds, right?

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:01 am 
NET Rookie

The Yugoslavian wrote:
How can you not like Browner regardless of if he gets penalized alot?? That makes no sense to me.

Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it that way. I think Browner, I really think he's a great CB obviousley. I'm just still a little bitter from all his penalties from last year. After looking at the stats, he's done a great job keeping the penalties low.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 am 
NET Veteran

Mr. Yugo, I am obviously terrible at photoshop. I dont like looking at Aaron Curry. Can I help you?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:56 am 
NET Veteran

A stylish Yugo, Sherman yelling at Brady, and RW. Just store this at photobucket or whatever.

Hugs Me. (hopefully that wasnt insulting; the Irish werent clever enough to make renowned vehicles)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:14 am 
NET Veteran

Well I for one love it.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:24 am 
NET Veteran

Aww.........plu you too brutha!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:36 am 
NET Veteran

Lmao!! I'm flattered by the offer but I spent a couple hours on MS PAINT a few years back on one dreadful, dreadful day in Seahawk history making this thing. As un-attached as I am to the player I am pretty damn proud of the sig.

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:40 am 
NET Rookie

Red Bryant, he's been nearly invisible this year.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 am 
NET Veteran

Meeker wrote:
Red Bryant, he's been nearly invisible this year.

Tru Dat....besides his 18 tackles and one punt block.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 am 
NET Veteran

I'd say Trufant, but my expectations were probably higher than they should have been due to my ignorance. As someone with a pretty limited knowledge of the Xs and Os and not being someone who has played the game in any serious way (unless Joe Montana Sports Talk Football counts), I didn't realize how different playing in the slot is from playing outside, and I assumed moving a decent outside corner to the slot would be a huge coup for us, making our secondary officially insane. I'm still disappointed in him, but I think that a lot of it was unnecessarily inflated expectations.

Jaye Howard or Thurmond for me. If Howard had turned out to be what was hoped for he'd be a huge asset to the team right now, though there's still time for him to turn around in the future, and Thurmond playing one game before getting hurt again is a huge bummer, definitely could've given our pass defense the huge bump I was hoping for from Trufant initially if he had stayed healthy. Not Walter's fault, but that doesn't console me too much.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 am 
NET Rookie

I was bummed BB was not there to say yeah Vern Dog I'm next imma get ya!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:08 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

Evan Moore by a country mile. Come on guys, how did so many of you miss this one?

If I based this off of the 90 players that were on the roster in early August, I'd say Terrell Owens. At first I thought it was a joke when Seattle signed him, but then I saw the his workout footage and was really impressed with how well he held up. He seemed like a very strong candidate for comeback player of the year (at the time) and Seattle needed a big power WR like him. For about a week I fully expected him to be a roster lock. He ended up being among the first round of cuts, and that was after having one of the worst pre-season performances I'd ever seen.

I actually really liked Rice this season. He stayed mostly healthy in a year where he took some brutal hits. He was our #1 WR for the season statistically. And when he wasn't 100% in the final two games, it had a big impact on Wilson's ability to find targets quickly.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:23 am 
NET Practice Squad

Thurmond probably. If he was healthy, even Brady or Godgers would be afraid to throw. 3 elite cornerbacks (I truly believe Thurmond can be elite) with elite safeties, and it's probably the best secondary league has ever seen.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:19 am 
NET Veteran

I'd probably go with John Moffitt this year. I really had hoped he would solidify that RG spot for us, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:29 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

Moffitt because he is Garbage.... :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:52 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

This is a difficult question for me to answer, but I'd have to say Moffit also.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:13 am 
NET Veteran

Baldwin

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

Jason Jones.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:38 am 
NET Veteran

Brandon Mebane. He really tailed off early on IMO.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:17 am 
NET Veteran

Based on how a lot of you felt in the preseason Im shocked Flynn isn't on the list.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:21 am 
* NET Philistine *

I can't believe I'm seeing Rice's name. Dude was huge for us this year. Game winning catches in both the Patriots and Bears games. He took a bunch of brutal hits this year and laid out on the line for us time and time again, so I'm OK with his relative inactivity the past two games.

I'm most disappointed in Sherman. I expected him to have more interceptions. :P

(Or I'm most disappointed in Jason Jones. Since he's been gone, I feel like our pass rush has really suffered. Baldwin would also be on this list for regular receivers. And Flynn was a huge disappointment as T-Sizzle mentioned, but moreso because his contract is now a bit of an albatross on the team's neck.)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:23 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

RG3, probably.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 am 
NET Starter

Im going Moffitt, I expected a lot of things with him and Carp, Carp has had some injuries, but the most part Moffitt has been healthy and to lose your position to a rookie who's never played the position before is very dissapointing.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:41 am 
NET Veteran

T-Sizzle wrote:
Based on how a lot of you felt in the preseason Im shocked Flynn isn't on the list.

I think it is more or less because he didn't lose the position per se, he just got beat out (injury probably helped). I was hopeful RW was our future cause I was hoping we would draft him, but man I think all of us are just happy as hell we have a QBOTF.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 am 
NET Veteran

In terms of not meeting my high expectations, I'd probably say Baldwin. He was ok, but obviously a big drop off from last year.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 am 
NET Veteran

I'm sorry, but Miller?

You're criticizing a guy for not having the offensive stat based production you expect because the coaching staff needs him to block?

If you want to be disappointed in that, be disappointed in the coaching or OL that makes it necessary for Miller to block as much as he does.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:07 am 
NET Veteran

Atradees wrote:
miller...clearly not a probowl player. Kinda average.

Miller is arguably the best blocking TE in the league, without him our run heavy offense doesn't perform as well. Ask any of the coaches and they don't hesitate to sing his praises.

Carpenter is hands down the biggest disappointment. Not all his fault, he should have never been drafted in the first round which raised the expectations. But anytime a first rounder is drafted to be a cornerstone tackle and is immediately moved to guard because he can't hack it, and can't even start there either = disappointment.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 am 
NET Starter

Aaron Curry.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]