Alfred Morris vs. Marshawn Lynch

mrblitz

Reaction score
morris is just maybe just a tad 'stouter', but lynch is 1) probably every bit as physical on the field, is 2) more of a threat in the passing game, and has 3) a faster 'top gear'. morris might have better vision.

it could be that lynch is the best-ever back at 'moving the pile'. he sure has a lot of leg strength for his weight.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1j54dwjy said:
CrankUpTheDiesel":1j54dwjy said:
Lol Morris has more attempts, more yards and more TD's. I've always like Marshawn Lynch, but Morris is better.

Please Morris had 20 more carries and ONLY 23 more yards than Lynch. Lynch is averaging 5.0 yards/carry. Morris is at 4.8.

So to say that Morris is better is ridiculous. Both players have had tremendous years. If Seattle doesn't curbstomp 3 opponents thus taking Lynch out of the game and letting our rookie RB get a ton of carries (Turbin got 100 yards against AZ) than Lynch would easily have surpassed Morris' total.

This argument is biased. I can easily say the same thing about RG3. If he hadnt missed 1.5 games, he would have more TD's than RW. But he didnt, end of story, just like Morris had more Carries, Rushing yards, and TD's, end of story. And can we stop using the yards per carry argument. You guys act like the difference was huge. It was .2 yards more. It's like me saying that Lynch fumbles more than Morris...He does, but the differnce is negligble and not really worth mentioning.

Edit: Not saying that Morris is better than Lynch, just saying I dont agree with your argument or reasoning.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
thebanjodude":a07cqedz said:
Pshh...ask any other fanbase, the only running back they would take over Marshawn is AP

lol Dont ask Buffalo...they hate that guy. Best friend is a Bills fan...they couldnt wait to get rid of him, but apparently he was a team cancer at the time.

mrblitz

Reaction score
actually, i had thought morris had 3 fumbles to lynch's 2. maybe that's just fumbles lost, but not total fumbles.

homerun1970

Reaction score
This argument is biased. I can easily say the same thing about RG3. If he hadnt missed 1.5 games, he would have more TD's than RW. But he didnt, end of story, just like Morris had more Carries, Rushing yards, and TD's, end of story. And can we stop using the yards per carry argument. You guys act like the difference was huge. It was .2 yards more. It's like me saying that Lynch fumbles more than Morris...He does, but the differnce is negligble and not really worth mentioning.

Edit: Not saying that Morris is better than Lynch, just saying I dont agree with your argument or reasoning. (quote)

One of the problems with that arguement is Lynch was taken out of a blowout game, not injured to the point of not able to play.

hawker84

Reaction score
'Fletch'":3hxwwqsm said:
hawker84":3hxwwqsm said:
CrankUpTheDiesel":3hxwwqsm said:
Lol Morris has more attempts, more yards and more TD's. I've always like Marshawn Lynch, but Morris is better.

ok so he's better in your opinion? Lynch is still pretty damn good, so what's your point...chances of us stopping him is greater than you stopping lynch, because your defense is mediocre.. morris doesn't concern me near as much as Garcon and Moss... damn good back but we've faced several backs just as good.

and had you put up a video with a team like SF or Denver, or STL who actually have good D's i'd be a little more impressed.

Our defense is mediocre? HA, ok, that's a good one. Maybe you haven't heard of future Hall of Famer London Fletcher? Yeah, he's on our team. He's a tackling wizard and a mastermind at destroying opposing teams wil
If you want to sleep on Morris too, well, have at it. He rolled to 200 yards against Dallas, and he set the record for most rushing yards... IN HIS FIRST YEAR!

first of all Dallas Defense is Putread, they were handled easily at the CLink, so try another angle, and as far as London Fletcher, good player old as hell, i'll give you that one, who else you got, Hall, he get's beat as much as he makes a play, who else? josh wilson, he was cut by us, what does that tell you.... sorry, no impressed with your D, stats don't lie my man, don't think you want to see the comparison between our two teams. and i never said we can sleep on morris, he has to be a priority.

hawker84

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":3chhn743 said:
thebanjodude":3chhn743 said:
Pshh...ask any other fanbase, the only running back they would take over Marshawn is AP

lol Dont ask Buffalo...they hate that guy. Best friend is a Bills fan...they couldnt wait to get rid of him, but apparently he was a team cancer at the time.

actually when we played them, their fans had nothing but good things to say about him, and wished he was still there to have a one two punch with spiller... but they knew he wasn't happy there, but they were glad to see him having success.. do you guys actually do research before you post...

hawker84

Reaction score
homerun1970":35e3k8k9 said:

Edit: Not saying that Morris is better than Lynch, just saying I dont agree with your argument or reasoning. (quote)

One of the problems with that arguement is Lynch was taken out of a blowout game, not injured to the point of not able to play.

he was taken out of two blowout games, which equals approx 1 full game of playing time... so ya his numbers could have been better, that's a fact.

Shock2k

Reaction score
1) Alfred Morris is a stud. I like thuggish runners and he is thuggish with a little 'ish added n.
2) Alfred Morris is no Lynch. He's a rook, talk to me in 8 years.
3) Stop talking about Ol' Man Fletcher... Seriously, that ship has sailed.

Twisted

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3u61rzyr said:
Everyone bagging on Morris is daft. Dude can ball. He runs low and tough. He reads cutback lanes better than Marshawn. It isn't a crime to admit they have really good players.

saying a MUCH improved Seahawk team cannot stop morris is daft, AP ran 200 on everyone, thats what the Vikes do, they hand the ball to AP, why wouldn't they but the Hawks d is a better D than when they first played the niners and the Vikes weeks 7 and 9, anyone should be able to see that..

the real question isn't who the Seahawks have stopped its more of who can the Skinnies stop when they absolutely have to?

CJ Spiller got his hunnerd yards ginst the hawks week 15 gaining 103 yards, the issue isn't how many yards a player gains its how many yards they gain when they are absolutely needed..

case in point against the Bills Rdub rushed for 92 yards week 15 BUT the stat that really counts as the back breaker are the 3 rushing TDs by Wilson in the first half...

GETTING YOUR YARDS WHEN IT COUNTS!!!

that little 3 TD rushing stat is HUGE when you compare it to Seattle's red zone performance early on mid season, it also equates to the Seahawks adding more tools to the toolbox since the first half of the season..

one could literally see this team improving week after week on both sides of the ball going form a mediocre team to a serious powerhouse to be reckoned with..

are the Skinnies much improved?

in the win/loss they are but I'm going to say not too much performance wise and without morris and RG they are cellar dwellers, but having a quarterback that has to run head first is dangerous as the Redskins proved with RG on the cot, sure the Skins are on a 7 game streak vs the Hawks 5 game streak but lets have a look at the opponents...

Skins.... eagles twice, cowboys twice, browns once and then the flailing giants once, the only REAL team they played was the ravens once and if my memory serves me it was a very close game that could have went the other way?

the Hawks on the other hand completely dismantled their powerhouse opponent in the niners on week 16, not even close..

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Skins other than their questionable schedule and apparent weak knee'd quarterback, their offensive style is good enough to handle most teams but remember the Hawks have a coach well versed in the read-option-spread so if the skins go into the game with lack of design they could be in for a long day?

my guess is Wilson and the Hawks will be ready to play, HARD! prepared, pumped and primed regardless of what anyone has to say, this team has come a long ways and they know what they're made of and they earned everything!

both teams deserve the same respect

GO HAWKS!!!

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":jn2h2rbb said:
thebanjodude":jn2h2rbb said:

Maybe Marshawn wasn't the team cancer? He's been a damn saint and nothing but a hard worker and team player here, while Buffalo has continued to be a damn joke. C'mon man, crap is weak.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":17x7zfn8 said:
rdskns4eva":17x7zfn8 said:
thebanjodude":17x7zfn8 said:

Maybe Marshawn wasn't the team cancer? He's been a damn saint and nothing but a hard worker and team player here, while Buffalo has continued to be a damn joke. C'mon man, crap is weak.
B...bu...but his DUI!!!

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
hawker84":2jg7g8ab said:
rdskns4eva":2jg7g8ab said:
thebanjodude":2jg7g8ab said:

actually when we played them, their fans had nothing but good things to say about him, and wished he was still there to have a one two punch with spiller... but they knew he wasn't happy there, but they were glad to see him having success.. do you guys actually do research before you post...

I did do research. It's called my best friend. He speciafically mentioned hit doing a hit and run and after that people in Buffalo didnt look on him to kindly. Thats what he told me. I dont care cause Im not a Bills fan. If he's been better in Seattle, thats great.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":341n7zry said:
rdskns4eva":341n7zry said:
thebanjodude":341n7zry said:

Take it up with Bills fans, man. Im just telling you what my friend told me. I think it's relevant being that he is a Bills fan and Lynch played for the Bills.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":3gi21lm9 said:
rdskns4eva":3gi21lm9 said:
thebanjodude":3gi21lm9 said:

I'm gonna defends rdskns4eva and call the homer card on you SundayNiteBlackout. He was guilty of misdemeanor weapons charges and such? That's pretty bad IMO, and I think Pete cleaned up his act here, not Marshawn. He was a team cancer there, and luckily PC fixed him. Then the hit and run, but I'm not gonna go there because I'm not well informed on the situation.

I love how you like to defend our players, but sometimes we view things with the rose colored glasses. He isn't a team cancer here, but it sounds like he was quite the cancer there. I think the whole rest of the league would agree with that statement, IMO.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":2isvxvl7 said:
hawker84":2isvxvl7 said:
rdskns4eva":2isvxvl7 said:
thebanjodude said:

I did do research. It's called my best friend. He speciafically mentioned hit doing a hit and run and after that people in Buffalo didnt look on him to kindly. Thats what he told me. I dont care cause Im not a Bills fan. If he's been better in Seattle, thats great.

Ok. So you let best friend's bias formulate the basis for your research.

Makes sense.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
mrblitz":3pgu2nrg said:
actually, i had thought morris had 3 fumbles to lynch's 2. maybe that's just fumbles lost, but not total fumbles.

THey've both fumbled 4 times. Morris has more carries than Lynch so on average he fumbles less. But the difference is negligable, just like the yards per carry difference.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
I just feel it is unwarranted hate from Bills fans on Lynch. I can tell you one thing, I was all to happy to take Lynch for a 4th round pick. So happy in fact that it felt like a lottery winning. Thanks for being ungrateful Bills!

EDIT: And Hawksfan, do you think Steelers fans want Big Ben out of Shitsburgh because he has been accused of rape multiple times? If you produce you produce, and Lynch produced.

But hey, maybe he just grew older and wiser when he got here. Who knows.

Latest posts