The New Uniforms are a big part of our success

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I am not talking about blue/blue, white/blue, gray/gray or any combos. I am just saying that I think these newly re-designed uniforms are a big part of the Hawks success this year.

Before the season all the other NFL players were jealous of our new uniforms. There was a ton of controversy on this site - but with the totem feathers, tribute to the 12's, #12 inside the collar, neon green trim etc.... it's made this team perform at a level not seen before in Seahawks history.

There is something magical about these uniforms. They are still not my favorite aesthetically, but I can no longer deny that they are helping this team do things not seen before in Seahawks history.

Thank you Nike!!!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• If you look good, you feel good, if you feel good you outscore your opponents 193-60.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• We wook mahvalous.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• JonRud wrote:I am not talking about blue/blue, white/blue, gray/gray or any combos. I am just saying that I think these newly re-designed uniforms are a big part of the Hawks success this year.

Before the season all the other NFL players were jealous of our new uniforms. There was a ton of controversy on this site - but with the totem feathers, tribute to the 12's, #12 inside the collar, neon green trim etc.... it's made this team perform at a level not seen before in Seahawks history.

There is something magical about these uniforms. They are still not my favorite aesthetically, but I can no longer deny that they are helping this team do things not seen before in Seahawks history.

Thank you Nike!!!

Jesus...some people will believe anything. :34853_doh:
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

• its actually the magical spirit magic voodoo that nike engineered into the Indian totems on the jerseys... its all in the wings on the jerseys those funny shapes that pretend to be wings I mean
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• Fact: The Tanzania has teamed up with the ancient Native spirits in our jerseys to create an unstoppable force known as the Seattle Seahawks.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• There is a pretty strong correlation, if I remember correctly, between teams who made drastic uniform changes and won the Super Bowl sometime shortly after. The Bucs come to mind immediately, and our own Super Bowl appearance was not terribly long after our last change. I've seen more on it, but I don't remember the others off the top of my head.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• In Madden, I'm in my 4th year and the commentators are still talking about how these new uniforms gives the team confidence.
    parson420
    NET Practice Squad

• parson420 wrote:In Madden, I'm in my 4th year and the commentators are still talking about how these new uniforms gives the team confidence.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Sturm wrote:Jesus...some people will believe anything. :34853_doh:

How's that petition on Facebook coming?

:lol:
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Sturm wrote:
    JonRud wrote:I am not talking about blue/blue, white/blue, gray/gray or any combos. I am just saying that I think these newly re-designed uniforms are a big part of the Hawks success this year.

Thank you Nike!!!

Jesus...some people will believe anything. :34853_doh:

And yet some people choose to believe nothing.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Could be something to it. Research shows that winners wear red:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zei ... 70918.html

Now, hardly any sports teams have neon colors in their uniforms and it'd be even rarer for only one team to have neon in their uniform. So, red hasn't been tested against that effect. Seattle's uniforms are unique and eye catching. It's possible it creates a psychological effect that gives a small edge. Obviously, it will sounds silly to a lot of folks, but I'm not really kidding.
    formido
    NET Starter

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:There is a pretty strong correlation, if I remember correctly, between teams who made drastic uniform changes and won the Super Bowl sometime shortly after. The Bucs come to mind immediately, and our own Super Bowl appearance was not terribly long after our last change. I've seen more on it, but I don't remember the others off the top of my head.

Denver also won the Super Bowl when they switched to their new unis back in the 90s.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Well, they're ugly as....well you know. But hey, if THEY believe it makes them play better, then so be it.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Greatest uniform of all time!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:Greatest uniform of all time!

x100000000000
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Sturm wrote:Jesus...some people will believe anything. :34853_doh:

Yep, people are so easily sold, must be why that FB petition is still sitting at 11 likes. :lol:

I think there is something to be said about getting new uniforms that push the envelope to go with a new team and a new attitude that tend to do the same. This has been a statement season, and it doesn't hurt to have new unis to go with a new identity.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• Broncos won back to back Super Bowls immediately after their uniform change. The Bucs took four years to get the job done with their Super Bowl win, but were in the playoffs each of those years. As .net's conspiracy theorist, I have to say I believe the NFL marketing department is behind it. When merchandise sales start to slow down dramatically they change the looks and start allowing the team to get some breaks and string together some winning seasons. Nothing gets sales going like winning and not being able to wear your old gear and appear to be a current fan.
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• Our unis rock, I love my #3 home blue, it's badass and I wear it proudly. I feel more successful in my jersey, no lie.
    Rose City Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Greenhell wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:There is a pretty strong correlation, if I remember correctly, between teams who made drastic uniform changes and won the Super Bowl sometime shortly after. The Bucs come to mind immediately, and our own Super Bowl appearance was not terribly long after our last change. I've seen more on it, but I don't remember the others off the top of my head.

Denver also won the Super Bowl when they switched to their new unis back in the 90s.

Denver - I knew there was at least one other team that did it.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Actually the new uniforms are supposed to fit better, and the new material makes it less susceptible to being held. That is a real, quantifiable advantage.

And there is a lot to be said about the confidence level when sporting new threads, whether one is on the football field, or on the town. :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Seattle unis look awesome. There will be a team that goes "pro combat" with their uniforms because the Seahawks were bold enough to lead the way. I compare the Seahawks unis to every team they play and there are a LOT of teams that NEED updating. Just compare the Seahawks uniform to the plain Jane, boring, poor fitting jerseys all the other teams wear...no comparison really. The Seahawks LOOK GOOD. They FEEL GOOD. They ARE GOOD.

Remember when you were a kid and you would stand in front of the mirror and pose? Remember how you felt when you thought you looked really good? These guys have posed in front of the mirror and they like how they look. They know they look good.

Remember how you feel when you're wearing old, outdated clothes when your peers are wearing brand new clothes?

Remember how you feel when you're going out and that last look in the mirror doesn't look so good? How is your confidence affected throughout that night just because of how you perceive yourself?
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• I prefer old school, simple traditional and iconic uniforms rather than some over the top new age college stuff IMO.
    Pikachu
    NET Rookie

• Aros wrote:If you look good, you feel good, if you feel good you outscore your opponents 193-60.

So So True, and the Tinfoil inside the New Helmets are the icing on the cake :34853_tinfoil: :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• I thought Nike's magic was in the shoes.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

• I'm not sure how much the uniform contributes to wins but I think there is a lot to a very young team just establishing itself also being able to be the first team to wear such updated uniforms that could definitely help make them feel like a more integrated, cohesive unit that is really part of something rather than just a component added to a team. There might be a little more pride and confidence when they put on the uniform that feels more like their own, a better sense of identity, and if you feel that way, then no doubt you will bring a little more confidence, a little more swagger, and a little more investment in the way you play and the way you want to "feel it" with your teammates.

If this were a team of veterans with a history of winning, the change makes no sense, and likely has the opposite effect.

I was skeptical of the uniforms at first. I liked our previous uniforms. but next to these ones, that have grown on me immensely, the old uniforms look like low budget high school jerseys or something.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:If you look good, you feel good, if you feel good you outscore your opponents 193-60.

Well said Aros!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information