Alfred Morris vs. Marshawn Lynch

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CrankUpTheDiesel":1szahu0a said:
Lol Morris has more attempts, more yards and more TD's. I've always like Marshawn Lynch, but Morris is better.

Morris has fewer yards per carry than Lynch and 1 more total TD. Lynch also has tripled Morris is receiving yards.

See? Anyone can cherry pick stats, so just stop it.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I haven't watched a single Redskin game but it isn't hard to see why Alfred Morris gained so many yards after watching that video. He is a fantastic running back. That said I don't think his running style is similar to Marshawn at all even though they both have tremendous yards after touch(as does Adrian Peterson and he has a very different style as well). Although this defense has had some trouble with good running backs I don't think Alfred Morris is the type of super fast edge runner that causes us problems. I know Gore gashed us for some big runs straight up the gut but San Frans offensive line is elite to all time elite. Normally Seattle owns runners who are the bigger bruiser types. I have no doubt that he will have some success but I highly doubt you will be seeing him gash us for 120+.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who cares who is better? It's about who is better on Sunday. Obviously Hawks fans are gonna' say Lynch, and Deadskins fans are gonna' say Morris. BOTH guys are damn good, and it should be a tight game, hard hitting game w/a LOT of running attempts.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Pshh...ask any other fanbase, the only running back they would take over Marshawn is AP

Starrman44

Reaction score
When Morris can pull off a Beastquake then we'll talk about who is better.

Shanahan has been amazing at creating "great" running backs. A lot of those running backs were nothing when they left town to play for other teams.

Alfred Morris may be great, but he may also be what some of those other backs were. Coming in and saying he is better than an established player like Marshawn is a little crazy especially when Marshawn has him beat in YPC.

But who cares, the debate between running backs won't get solved Saturday, because a team or a player can have off days. What will get settled is which team moves on in the playoffs.

Fox0r

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":34qdzpku said:
Why would we be able to stop Frank Gore, CJ Spiller but not Alfred Morris?

CJ Spiller ran for over 100 yards against us, I don't know if that's necessarily considered stopping him.

hawker84

Reaction score
Starrman44":19yt41q2 said:

Shanahan has been amazing at creating "great" running backs. A lot of those running backs were nothing when they left town to play for other teams.

Alfred Morris may be great, but he may also be what some of those other backs were. Coming in and saying he is better than an established player like Marshawn is a little crazy especially when Marshawn has him beat in YPC.

But who cares, the debate between running backs won't get solved Saturday, because a team or a player can have off days. What will get settled is which team moves on in the playoffs.

just so you know the game is Sunday.. don't want you to accidentally miss it..

hawker84

Reaction score
from what i've seen the quick cutting backs are the ones that give us trouble.... Gore, AP, Spiller / the backs we usually have success with is the big bruisers.. stephen Jackson for instance.. we don't miss a lot of tackles at any level... if we wrap up well, morris will have a tough day..

saying that, he's a great runner, and i can see him having success... the video is great, but non of those teams including AtL and Baltimore have anything close to the defense we'll put on the field...

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
LuvMySkins":hn5urcm4 said:
bigdaddydave":hn5urcm4 said:
Why would we be able to stop Frank Gore, CJ Spiller but not Alfred Morris?
The same reason you didnt stop Frank Gore when they actually tried to run, AP almost rolled you for 200, and Miami ran all over you as well?

Redskins are 2-2 vs current playoff teams.

Seahawks are 4-1. That's what matters more than yards a game IMO.

This matters too...

Washington PPG 27.3 Against 24.3 +3

Seattle PPG 25.8 Against 15.3 +10.5

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The biggest difference I foresee in the game is team speed on defense.

The Hawks linebackers and safeties close very fast, leading to more 3rd and intermediates rather than 3rd and shorts, which leads to more Redskins punts and therefore more scoring drive opportunities for the Hawks.

Also, I believe that the Hawks will control field position with their special teams, which will lead to shorter fields for the Hawks offense.

Starrman44

Reaction score
hawker84":3bdl6byr said:
Starrman44":3bdl6byr said:

just so you know the game is Sunday.. don't want you to accidentally miss it..

Ha ha!! Thanks. I guess I am too excited for the playoffs to start on Saturday. Getting tired of the College stuff. I don't mind College (Husky fan), but I've always been way more of a NFL fan.

12thMode

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8u8s7ow3 said:
Who cares who is better? It's about who is better on Sunday. Obviously Hawks fans are gonna' say Lynch, and Deadskins fans are gonna' say Morris. BOTH guys are damn good, and it should be a tight game, hard hitting game w/a LOT of running attempts.

/Thread

jlwaters1

Reaction score
CrankUpTheDiesel":dxtinwwp said:
Lol Morris has more attempts, more yards and more TD's. I've always like Marshawn Lynch, but Morris is better.

Please Morris had 20 more carries and ONLY 23 more yards than Lynch. Lynch is averaging 5.0 yards/carry. Morris is at 4.8.

So to say that Morris is better is ridiculous. Both players have had tremendous years. If Seattle doesn't curbstomp 3 opponents thus taking Lynch out of the game and letting our rookie RB get a ton of carries (Turbin got 100 yards against AZ) than Lynch would easily have surpassed Morris' total.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Admit it skins fan, you guys coat Morris up in hot butter before the game right?

He is nowhere near as explosive as Lynch, but for some reason nobody can tackle him. Pretty impressive rookie and stopping him has to be Seattles number one priority even before stopping RGIII

SharkHawk

Reaction score
SkinsFan46":m1oacvht said:
Morris. Cheaper, younger. Equal production.

And his salary cap numbers and age impact the game this Sunday how exactly? Do they figure in total cost per position and assign points on what a bargain a player is and then weigh the scores differently based on those figures? I didn't think so. All that matters is what happens on the scoreboard.

Congrats on getting the better bargain, but this isn't some weird fantasy league where you get bonus points for how you acquired a player. Besides...... you'd lose all of those points for what you gave up to get your QB whose stats are right there with our QB who only cost a 3rd round pick straight up and is making way less money per game. Dollar for dollar, Russell Wilson is a vastly superior QB right? Does it matter? Nope.

'Fletch'

Reaction score
hawker84":22xoszdb said:
CrankUpTheDiesel":22xoszdb said:

ok so he's better in your opinion? Lynch is still pretty damn good, so what's your point...chances of us stopping him is greater than you stopping lynch, because your defense is mediocre.. morris doesn't concern me near as much as Garcon and Moss... damn good back but we've faced several backs just as good.

and had you put up a video with a team like SF or Denver, or STL who actually have good D's i'd be a little more impressed.

Our defense is mediocre? HA, ok, that's a good one. Maybe you haven't heard of future Hall of Famer London Fletcher? Yeah, he's on our team. He's a tackling wizard and a mastermind at destroying opposing teams wills.

If you want to sleep on Morris too, well, have at it. He rolled to 200 yards against Dallas, and he set the record for most rushing yards... IN HIS FIRST YEAR!

Starrman44

Reaction score
SkinsFan46":2wxl0ib1 said:
Morris. Cheaper, younger. Equal production.

So, basically Morris is 2.5 years younger and cheaper. His equal (nearly equal) production (in one year of play) means he is better according to you.

Take Russell Wilson, he is 1 year and 2 months OLDER (just so you know I get it, he is a little older), but he is a ton cheaper and they are separated by about 2 points of the old Rating system (100.00 to 102.4). So, using your premise then, our QB is better than yours and has stayed more healthy this year which makes him more valuable.

That's why these arguments never work. It's always slanted toward the fan base bias.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
'Fletch'":2kh3nif7 said:
hawker84":2kh3nif7 said:
CrankUpTheDiesel":2kh3nif7 said:

ok so he's better in your opinion? Lynch is still pretty damn good, so what's your point...chances of us stopping him is greater than you stopping lynch, because your defense is mediocre.. morris doesn't concern me near as much as Garcon and Moss... damn good back but we've faced several backs just as good.

and had you put up a video with a team like SF or Denver, or STL who actually have good D's i'd be a little more impressed.

Our defense is mediocre? HA, ok, that's a good one. Maybe you haven't heard of future Hall of Famer London Fletcher? Yeah, he's on our team. He's a tackling wizard and a mastermind at destroying opposing teams wills.

If you want to sleep on Morris too, well, have at it. He rolled to 200 yards against Dallas, and he set the record for most rushing yards... IN HIS FIRST YEAR!

London Fletcher a future Hall of Famer?!!! Hahahahahaha. I can't stop laughing. I just spit an entire can of pepsi on my laptop.

London Fletcher has as much of a shot at the hall of fame as I do. His biggest honor was once he was a 2nd team all pro. Sorry... NOT a hall of famer. A guy that piles up lots of tackles on defenses that let everything get to the second level every year? Yes. Hall of famer? Not a chance in heck.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for some Redskins fan to come on here and say "My dad can beat up your dad, poopface"