Will anyone be traveling to any of the away playoff games?

tstream07

Reaction score
Good deal on the bar. Unless something changes my group may be hitting that up now. However, i have heard it can be a pain to get to, from, and into that stadium so i may leave earlier then halftime.

MrsTote

Reaction score
Hi, first timer here! My husband and I will be going to the game, Seahawks fans living in Maryland. He has been to Penn Quarter and met a few other fans. You should know this bar is nowhere near the stadium. I'm not sure how long the metro rides will be, but I do know it is about a 20-30 minute walk to the stadium from the metro stop. So depending on where your hotel is, it might not make sense. There are no bars around the stadium, unfortunately. Would love to find out more about the Seahawks tailgate! We are coming with Redskins friends.
Have been to the stadium tons of times, for Hawks games and others, and as long as you are cool with their fans, they will be cool with you. Actually, i hate to say it, but they are pretty lame in their own house at times, I've cheered louder for their team and told their fans to stand up when they weren't playing the Hawks of course!

MrsTote

Reaction score
Hi, first timer here! My husband and I will be going to the game, Seahawks fans living in Maryland. He has been to Penn Quarter and met a few other fans. You should know this bar is nowhere near the stadium. I'm not sure how long the metro rides will be, but I do know it is about a 20-30 minute walk to the stadium from the metro stop. So depending on where your hotel is, it might not make sense. There are no bars around the stadium, unfortunately. Would love to find out more about the Seahawks tailgate! We are coming with Redskins friends.
Have been to the stadium tons of times, for Hawks games and others, and as long as you are cool with their fans, they will be cool with you. Actually, i hate to say it, but they are pretty lame in their own house at times, I've cheered louder for their team and told their fans to stand up when they weren't playing the Hawks of course!

OP
OP
T

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Cool to see many going. As for going elsewhere as away fans, I don't usually fear that much. I don't drink and I don't act like an idiot thus putting a neon bullseye on my back.

I have been to so many soccer matches overseas as an away supporter in rivalry matches and if I can survive those, I can survive almost anything. :17: :th2thumbs:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The info for the Tailgate can be found on Facebook under

SEAHAWKS TAILGATE 1/6/13

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seattle_Stunna_MD":2cz14iu6 said:
I'm about 50 miles south of DC and am hoping to get some tickets to the game.

I went to a SEA/BAL game a few years ago and was treated like crap. Thought I was going to get murdered outside of the stadium. FEDEX is rough on opposing fans, but not like BAL. It helps that visiting teams usually enjoy a good dose of "fans" at FEDEX. Hoping the same is true for Sunday.

In fairness, in Baltimore you could feel that way at the grocery store so really going to a game in opposing team gear may be no different.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Not on the topic of this game but on going to away games: I went to a game at Soldier Field and it was a fine experience. I had one person comment as I walked into the stadium that I was brave (was just wearing a Seahawk T-Shirt) but other than that there were no incidences. Of course I didn't get drunk and look for any either so that might have helped.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
I'm a local DC guy but long time Hawks fan, just scored my tickets. Ended up buying them from someone on the Extreme Skins site. Good people over there, well the guy that I dealt with at least. Can't friggin wait, my heart is pounding just thinking about it!!!!!

ejs76

Reaction score
Former Seahawks season ticket holder transplanted to DC and going to the game with wife and friend from Seattle. Want to find out if there is going to be a special tailgating area for Hawks fans at FedEx? Couldn't find the Facebook info a few posts up, so if anyone could give the details here, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

osprey6

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3swe97i6 said:
Yeah, Jordan, I read those comments, as well. Pretty shameful. I was even considering going incognito (no Hawks gear) if I went to the Skinz game. After almost being murdered over a football game once in my life, I just don't know that I have the stomach to want to put up with physically threatening behavior. And it's sad, because one of the greatest rewards of being a traveler for me is meeting other people from other places.

On a side note: for the last couple years I have dreamed of attending two NFL playoff games on consecutive days..... Already looked into it for this weekend. IF I elected to, I could fly MSP-MKE in Saturday and rent a car and drive to Vikes/Packers in GRB then drive back to hotel in MKE, then on Sunday morning fly MKE-DTW-DCA and arrive several hours before kickoff of Seahawks game.

It is sooooooo damn tempting.

If you really want it to do it, this is the time. Baltimore on Saturday and Landover on Sunday. They are about 50 miles away!

osprey6

Reaction score
MrsTote":az2usmry said:

The game I went to in '05 (curse you, Josh Brown. friggin' doink!) was quite a tame experience overall. PLace seemed too sterile to be a football stadium with the fanbase I know they have. A little good natured verbal spaaring on the metro and in the parking lot, but cool people overall. Much better than say Cincy or Indy. Only Atlanta has classier fans, of the places I've been to.

burggold75

Reaction score
will be at the game....to all hawks fans coming please treat people how you would opposing fans in your stadium. there is nothing worse than bonehead obnoxious fans that ruin the experience for everyone on both sides...

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
burggold75":36uicbbk said:
will be at the game....to all hawks fans coming please treat people how you would opposing fans in your stadium. there is nothing worse than bonehead obnoxious fans that ruin the experience for everyone on both sides...

Concur. Hopefully we'll all be able to enjoy win or lose.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
burggold75":3sm4tuuh said:

Let me get this straight. You're coming on our board telling our fans to not come to your stadium and cause trouble? Are you for real? It's us that needs to worry about you guys. I keep reading Extreme Skin fans talking about payback for Sean Taylor and making life as miserable as possible for Seattle. Have you not been reading all the Seattle fans in this thread talking about watching their backs? How stupid would Seattle fans entering that sort of atmosphere be to go in, horrendously outnumbered, and start something? Trust me. You don't need to worry about any Seattle fans.

brutalron

Reaction score
burggold75":31je3juy said:

Worst experience I have ever have at a game was the 05 Skins v Seahawks at FedEx. I have been to Seahawks games in Seattle, ATL, JAX, Carolina, NYG, NYJ, NEP and Tampa.

I dont taunt any fans. I keep to myself and the people i go with. . I respect the team and the stadium. I am visitor. Bad fans are everywhere.

Go Hawks!

Latest posts