Redskin Fan's POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":3us3uta2 said:
I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.
Holy shit. I get it now.
Dan Snyder is not one to tolerate criticism.
Thank you for the info.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
burggold75":2u2uyye8 said:
But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

to their credit, they constantly have to defend the strength of the NFC west..which is hard
Fortunately, the days of having to defend the NFCW are over, at least for now.

I remember discussions some time in 2007 with NFCE fans, who continually made fun of the Seahawks because of the NFCW. My response was: say what you want about the NFCW, but the Seahawks have defeated every team in the NFCE the last two times we played each team. (At the time, it was true.) They didn't believe me until one of them looked it up.

It was a pretty good "derp" moment.

Fight 4 Old DC

Reaction score
As a 40 year plus Skins fan I recognize and respect the passion u guys have for the Seahawks. May the best team win.........Here is what I see as the advantages we have going into Sunday;
1. Home field and the related east-west travel the Hawks have to endure. I know your stadium is probably the loudest in the league, we hope to give u a dose of your own medicine!
2. Our running game. Seeings how other than Garçon our receivers are rather pedestrian and u have a lot of tall ball hawking db's we will need to turn Morris loose like last week. Seahawks defense gives up well over 4 yards a carry.
3. RGlll......simply put he is a natural born leader of men and inspires greatness. Add that to immence pysical talent and u have a once in a generation player. Wilson is an over-achiever. That doesn't mean he's not great, he is! He just ain't RGlll.
4.The gold standard of fight songs...HTTR ! ( don't think this will do us a lot of good Sunday but hey we love our song! )

If you noticed I didn't list a lot of advantages! We're essentially scared s***less of the Seahawks diverse offense against our until very recently suspect D! I also fear a let down on our part after an emotional win over our hated rival.
As I said, may the best team win.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Fight 4 Old DC":8kwvzvnc said:
3. RGlll......simply put he is a natural born leader of men and inspires greatness. Add that to immence pysical talent and u have a once in a generation player. Wilson is an over-achiever. That doesn't mean he's not great, he is! He just ain't RGlll.
Wilson doesn't have the physical tools RGIII has, but you are sorely underestimating Wilson if you think he is any less a leader of men and inspirer of greatness than RGIII is.

DohBoy

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1spfvfhw said:
RiggoReincarnated":1spfvfhw said:
I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.
Holy shit. I get it now.
Dan Snyder is not one to tolerate criticism.
Thank you for the info.

I too got canned from the official Foreskins' forum...they should rename the team "The Thinskins."

DohBoy

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Glad I checked back in on this thread. There ARE plenty of cool 'Skins fans after all. Glad y'all made it over to remind us that one message board does not a fanbase make.

Both these teams are rolling and our fans truly believe either team can go all the way. It really sucks that one of our seasons will be over in 4 days.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":2cnjghxz said:
It really sucks that one of our seasons will be over in 4 days.
No, it doesn't. Welcome to the NFL playoffs. Every game is critical; I would not have it any other way.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Fight 4 Old DC":1w9fao4g said:
2. Our running game. Seeings how other than Garçon our receivers are rather pedestrian and u have a lot of tall ball hawking db's we will need to turn Morris loose like last week. Seahawks defense gives up well over 4 yards a carry.

There's no doubt that Morris is a huge threat, but don't let statistics fool you. While Seattle did allow 4.5 YPC over the entire year, there were only a handful of games that threw that average completely out of whack.

The @SF, MIN, @MIA, and @BUF games were where the Seahawks run D got gashed pretty significantly, which is out of character for the team, honestly. In those 4 games, opponents ran 108 times for 725 yards for a 6.7 YPC (and those were some pretty impressive run games, too... Peterson, Gore, Spiller). Those 725 yards represent nearly half (44%) of all yards gained on the ground against the Seahawks this season - in only 4 games.

In the other 12 games, teams rushed 260 times for 924 yards, which is a much more respectable 3.55 YPC, and more in line with the usual performance of the Seahawks run D. Our team has held our opponents under 100 yards rushing 11 times this year (btw, that's holding the entire opposing offense to under 100 yards rushing... not just one RB).

So the question becomes whether you think that Morris will be able to duplicate the performances seen in those 4 games versus putting up something closer to what was seen in the vast majority of Seattle games this year. And even then, of those 4 games where Seattle's run D did not perform up to their lofty standard, the Seahawks still won 2 of them (and possibly could have won 3 had the coaching staff not still had shackles on the offense).

'Fletch'

Reaction score
Most of my friends are nervous about this game just like any other playoff football game. But I told them that once Morris gets truckin', it's all good for Redskins Nation. I see us winning this game 20-16.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

Yeeeesh. If I were a Redskins fan, I would never admit that, and would never sing that song. Go look up the lyrics and the history of that song. They might as well have Aunt Jemima as a mascot, and sing a song about lynching slaves. That team, its fight song, its name and its mascot, are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I'm seriously amazed that Goodell hasn't stepped in and FORCED that crappy second-rate team to change its name and song lyrics. It was tasteless in the 50's and it's even worse now, in the 21st Century. The only saving grace is that the racism is so dated and tacky that it almost seems "antique" or something. You almost don't notice.

KDawg_ES

Reaction score
HansGruber":3eeezqgu said:

Yeeeesh. If I were a Redskins fan, I would never admit that, and would never sing that song. Go look up the lyrics and the history of that song. They might as well have Aunt Jemima as a mascot, and sing a song about lynching slaves. That team, its fight song, its name and its mascot, are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I'm seriously amazed that Goodell hasn't stepped in and FORCED that crappy second-rate team to change its name and song lyrics. It was tasteless in the 50's and it's even worse now, in the 21st Century. The only saving grace is that the racism is so dated and tacky that it almost seems "antique" or something. You almost don't notice.

This is obviously smack talk, but yes, we love our fight song:

"Hail to the Redskins
Hail Vic-Tory
Braves on the Warpath, Fight for old DC!
Run or pass or score we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, stomp 'em, touchdown let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on, til you have won, sons of Wash-Ing-Ton!
RAH RAH RAH!
Hail to the Redskins
Hail Vic-Tory
Braves on the Warpath, Fight for old DC!"

The song has been changed over the years, but the original version is long gone and this is the version that we know and love.

But I understand your point, if its about the old school version. Be rest assured, that one has been gone for a very long time :)

Fight 4 Old DC

Reaction score
HansGruber":3imvo601 said:

Don't try to pawn off your acute PC values on everyone. Maybe back in the days of the frontier Redskins was offensive. But the times change. Words change their meaning over time. "Gay" used to jut mean happy, now it has a much different interpretation. No one in the entire Skins organization has the slightest bit of malice towards native Americans.
A little history: In 1933 the name was coined In honor of Henry "Lone Star" Dietz a Native American and then coach of the Skins. The helmet insignia was designed by a prominent American Indian who was proud of the heritage it conveyed.
If you really try you can find racism anywhere I guess. But don't look for it hear in Washington. ( I suppose you are appalled at the term Redskin potato )

burggold75

Reaction score
BlueTalon":8q7ka8cs said:
burggold75":8q7ka8cs said:
But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

to their credit, they constantly have to defend the strength of the NFC west..which is hard
Fortunately, the days of having to defend the NFCW are over, at least for now.

I remember discussions some time in 2007 with NFCE fans, who continually made fun of the Seahawks because of the NFCW. My response was: say what you want about the NFCW, but the Seahawks have defeated every team in the NFCE the last two times we played each team. (At the time, it was true.) They didn't believe me until one of them looked it up.

It was a pretty good "derp" moment.

Good point. The NFCW is certainly on the rise. I just had a good "derp" moments seeing the Oregon Duck cheerleaders in the Fiesta Bowl :shock:

wooow

burggold75

Reaction score
So much discussion regarding the Redskins mascot and the fight song. I don't really get it. Us fans grew up and our parents grew up with this mascot and it is ingrained into love of our hometown team. We love it. We love that our main rival are the Cowboys.

Indians are intimidating. The tomahawk chop is by far the coolest thing ever...I mean have you seen the Last of the Mohicans those effers are crazy

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Fight 4 Old DC":p4oewqsc said:

This is just straight up off-base. Does that mean RGIII has been underachieving the entire second half of the season while Wilson wiped the floor with him in nearly every statistical category? Guess they came out with the same amount of wins over that span (with the help of Kirk cousins of course.)

Can't wait till Sunday!

Say what you want about pointing out the second half of the season. I want the better QB when it matters the most. we have that going into the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... son-rg-iii

Status
Not open for further replies.