Guaranteeing The Win.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Couple of things to note. They outscored us by 18 points (430-412) over the course of the season. But they also allowed 140 more points (385 vs 245) than the Seahawks this season. They did so after facing an equal number of what CHFF would rate as "quality opponents" They went 3-3, we went 5-1 against quality opponents.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1x6olw05 said:
Who from either team has the balls to do it, then back it up on the field?

Players guaranteeing wins is about the dumbest thing in sports. It's a lose lose move...........all you're doing is giving the other team bulletin board material, at the same time putting more pressure on yourself and your team.

Guarantee win = look at me!

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":esr9pnxj said:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.

LOL. A team that lost to the Panthers. This team cant overlook ANYBODY.

If the Redskins didnt underestimate the Cleveland Browns, they are not going to underestimate the Seattle Seahawks.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
We will get our points in my opinion, , as stated previously by others though it really is all about our defence v their offence.

Figure out the Morris/RG3 conundrum, or seriously limit them and we win. Let them have their way and we lose.

My biggest concern is the nippy recievers and TE's over the middle if we bite on the PA plays. Hawks have had trouble with these types of recievers in previous games. All in all though I do feel if we both execute and all 3 facets of both teams play to their full potential, well hawks easily win in 2 of the 3 phases, and the other phase (the offence) its a push and we win.

However I always come back to "any given sunday" and this certianley applies this weekend. The game could go either way

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":3au1og4t said:
peachesenregalia":3au1og4t said:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.

If the Redskins didnt underestimate the Cleveland Browns, they are not going to underestimate the Seattle Seahawks.

Nor can a team that lost to Arizona, Detroit and Miami. That was then, this is now.

hawker84

Reaction score
it't the playoffs.. what professional team on the planet over estimates any playoff apponent? pretty sure that would be none.

sam1313

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1tc4gkbu said:
Once RG-III is introduced to Mr Chancellor, we'll be seeing Cousins for the rest of the game.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't give me any additional comfort. Cousins is better than about 1/2 the QBs we have faced this year, and we won't be specifically game planning for him. I would rather RG3 keep playing through the pain.

IMHO we win this game by scoring points early and often. Our D will limit them, but they will still score points. We need to build a lead and put pressure on them to play catch-up ball. I really don't want this to come down to the wire because they have the ability to pull out a few great plays. And, I don't like it coming down to the wire on their home field (see McCoy's slip in the first Rams game).....

cesame

Reaction score
If the Redskins had any big mismatches in their favor on offense favor I'd be worried.

They don't.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Go ahead and guarantee the win, once we lose you'll feel like shit and start making threads like fire Pete, fire RW.

Didn't we all guarantee the win in week 1 against the Cardinals because all their QB played like shit in pre-season?

There's no guarantee wins in the NFL. Injuries and Upsets happen all the time.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2lcfuk5g said:
rdskns4eva":2lcfuk5g said:
peachesenregalia":2lcfuk5g said:

You. Have. No. Shot.

It's irrelevant. they can over-estimate us if they want. They still have no shot.

You sound like a Saint fan before the 2010 playoff game.

burggold75

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":t0bbf6ed said:

You. Have. No. Shot.

How can you say no shot? That's like saying we are superior and you are lame...Yes the Seahawks are good, but to me no shot is missing the bus to the stadium. The Chiefs could beat the Broncos on any given Sunday. In fact the score was 17-9 on 11/25.

don't give me this crap....

burggold75

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2cs5l4yh said:
burggold75":2cs5l4yh said:
peachesenregalia":2cs5l4yh said:

You. Have. No. Shot.

How can you say no shot? That's like saying we are superior and you are lame...Yes the Seahawks are good, but to me no shot is missing the bus to the stadium. The Chiefs could beat the Broncos on any given Sunday. In fact the score was 17-9 on 11/25.

Don't read it if you don't like it. The Seahawks are very healthy, very hot and better all over the field than that wee club of yours up there. The skins might as well miss the bus, it won't affect the outcome of the game one iota. Zero chance the skins win this one. No chance at all. You had a nice run after a crappy start to the season, but it's about to come to an end on Sunday night. Don't cry, though. Still a lot to like about the future of your wee team up there, and winning 7 in a row - albeit against shite competition - is nothing to be sniffed at.

Still, no shot on Sunday.

ok..we'll see...i never said we would win, but i'm not going to admit the skins have no chance. don't expect to come out here and beat us 58-0 and try to run up the score or whatever it is you do...scoring TDs up 51 points with 2 min left in the game

-The Glove-

Reaction score
burggold75":315ev93p said:
peachesenregalia":315ev93p said:
burggold75":315ev93p said:
peachesenregalia said:

You. Have. No. Shot.

Don't read it if you don't like it. The Seahawks are very healthy, very hot and better all over the field than that wee club of yours up there. The skins might as well miss the bus, it won't affect the outcome of the game one iota. Zero chance the skins win this one. No chance at all. You had a nice run after a crappy start to the season, but it's about to come to an end on Sunday night. Don't cry, though. Still a lot to like about the future of your wee team up there, and winning 7 in a row - albeit against shite competition - is nothing to be sniffed at.

ok..we'll see...i never said we would win, but i'm not going to admit the skins have no chance. don't expect to come out here and beat us 58-0 and try to run up the score or whatever it is you do...scoring TDs up 51 points with 2 min left in the game

You sound like an ESPN muppet.

If your D can't stop 2nd, 3rd string players, you have no room to bitch.

Sac

Reaction score
burggold75":129nrh56 said:
peachesenregalia":129nrh56 said:
burggold75":129nrh56 said:
peachesenregalia said:

You. Have. No. Shot.

If we're up 51 points with two minutes left and we score another td, take it as a sign of respect about what your team is capable of. We don't want any last minute heroics.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":v0wgzeju said:

We don't play so how could any of us back anything up?

This is retarded. All this is is chest thumping play ground bully crap.

Rat_Boy

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":l3p91h68 said:
they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. .

Yes, I am a Redskins fan.

No, I am not here to talk smack.

However, I do want to correct two false things about the above quote.

1) If anyone thinks Shanahan is dumb enough to let his team underestimate the Seahawks because of some "road weakness", well, that is just plumb silly.

2) The entire media seems to think the Redskins will win? Really?

Joe Namath says Seahawks: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

35/46 Experts pick the Seahawks: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -seahawks/

The Seahawks are favored, on the ROAD. The only road playoff team that is favored this weekend.

So where are we getting the silly notion that the "entire media" thinks the Redskins will win? Do tell as I am genuinely curious.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1y4dxi3h said:
RiggoReincarnated":1y4dxi3h said:

We don't play so how could any of us back anything up?

This is retarded. All this is is chest thumping play ground bully crap.

I was referring to players on either team...Joe Namath style. At this point I don't think its going to happen, at least publicly.

Twisted

Reaction score
Lets see... are the skins a more rounded harder hitting team than the niners? more talented than the ninnrs?

how bout the rams, can the skins beat the rams?

I say no on both accounts, the hawks just skinned both those teams..

hopefully the hawks are focused and determined to flip FedEx stadium on its head, if so its going to be a hard hitting game for sure, its all or nothing at this point, all or nothing... ;)

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Twisted":1knu4o6v said:
Lets see... are the skins a more rounded harder hitting team than the niners? more talented than the ninnrs?

how bout the rams, can the skins beat the rams?

I say no on both accounts, the hawks just skinned both those teams..

hopefully the hawks are focused and determined to flip FedEx stadium on its head, if so its going to be a hard hitting game for sure, its all or nothing at this point, all or nothing... ;)

On offense we are better than both of them. And you also lost to the Rams at their place. :) We would have beaten them on the road if not for an asinine penalty that took us out of FG range.