DC Radio...ugh, makes me sick.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
DC Radio...ugh, makes me sick.
Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:38 am
  • Listening to 106.7 the FAN earlier here in the DC/MD/VA area. It's a sports talk station. Some of the local skins callers and their non-sense just made me sick listening to them. I swear some of the comments regarding SEA not being hungry, specifically RW, how our D-Backfield is over-rated, and how PC is supposedly some noob-ish coach who will totally be outcoached by Shanny made me literally sick to my stomach.

I understand being confident in your team, but show some respect. We are here in the Playoffs for a reason, as are you. Don't act like we are a JV team. Or actually please do, because when we hit you in the mouth you wont be laughing much.

Go Hawks. That is all.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

Re: DC Radio...ugh, makes me sick.
Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:40 am
  • They will probably be sick to their stomachs after feasting on crow.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:47 am
  • I'll never understand posts like this. For starters, you're listening to a DC based radio. And most of the people who care enough to take time out of their day to actually call into a radio station are EXTREME homers. Of course they're gonna talk up the Redskins and down the Seahawks.

You talk about "showing respect," well you might not get it from some fans, because they're morons. But I guarantee you that Mike Shanahan, the Washington Redskins team, and most of the RATIONAL Redskins fans respect the HELL out of Seattle.

Hell, look at this Seahawks forum alone, much less Seattle based sports radio. 90% of the folks on here have been saying in the game prediction threads that they expect Seattle to go into Washington and crush the Redskins, or at least beat them handily. Quite a few (not all) the folks on here are talking up the Hawks and downing the Skins, with comments like "we are better than them at every position."

You can't expect friendly and positive things to be said about your team when you're in enemy territory, surrounded by homers...
    Last edited by youngchew on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 am
  • Turn the dial to 105.7 the fan, the Ravens station, much better. ;)
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:49 am
  • Im sure there are people on Seattle Talk radio saying stuff like

"RG3 is overrated"
    "Morris is slow"
    "What has Mike Shanahan done since Elway"

etc....
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:51 am
  • youngchew wrote:I'll never understand posts like this. For starters, you're listening to a DC based radio. And most of the people who care enough to take time out of their day to actually call into a radio station are EXTREME homers. Of course they're gonna talk up the Redskins and down the Seahawks.

You talk about "showing respect," well you might not get it from some fans, because they're morons. But I guarantee you that Mike Shanahan, the Washington Redskins team, and most of the RATIONAL Redskins fans respect the HELL out of Seattle.

Hell, look at this Seahawks forum alone, much less Seattle based sports radio. 90% of the folks on here have been saying in the game prediction threads that they expect Seattle to go into Washington and crush the Redskins, or at least beat them handily. Quite a few (not all) the folks on here are talking up the Hawks and downing the Skins, with comments like "we are better than them at every position."

You can't expect friendly and positive things to be said about your team when you're in enemy territory, surrounded by homers...

Ha Ha, thanks. I was under the impression all Skins fans thought we were a JV team. Thanks for putting it all into perspective :roll:

It goes both ways, I just felt like sharing. Thanks for your input.

My Prediction - Hawks 60 (yes, sixty), Skins -2 (yes, negative two) :D
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 am
  • youngchew wrote:I'll never understand posts like this. For starters, you're listening to a DC based radio. And most of the people who care enough to take time out of their day to actually call into a radio station are EXTREME homers. Of course they're gonna talk up the Redskins and down the Seahawks.

Have you been paying attention to what you've been doing on this board all week?
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:55 am
  • Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:My Prediction - Hawks 60 (yes, sixty), Skins -2 (yes, negative two) :D

Ouch dude! lol
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:59 am
  • SeaTown81 wrote:
    youngchew wrote:I'll never understand posts like this. For starters, you're listening to a DC based radio. And most of the people who care enough to take time out of their day to actually call into a radio station are EXTREME homers. Of course they're gonna talk up the Redskins and down the Seahawks.

Have you been paying attention to what you've been doing on this board all week?

You can't be serious....are you? Have I said anything that was unfair, negative, or trying to talk down seattle in any way?

Yes, I am a Redskins fan on a Seahawks message board, and have been participating in many of the discussions here.

I've been voicing my opinions, and obviously I'm pro-skins. But have I said anything that was disrespectful towards the seahawks in any way? I believe I've given the Seahawks a ton of credit since I've been here, praised Wilson, complimented the defense, and have expressed several times that I am worried about this game because Seattle is a very good football team.
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:07 am
  • rdskns4eva wrote:Im sure there are people on Seattle Talk radio saying stuff like

"RG3 is overrated"
    "Morris is slow"

etc....

Haha...No my man were not. Maybe on KJR, but on 710 there is nothing but respect for RG3 and Shanahan. About the worst it gets is we like the matchups, and RG3 needs to be careful going for extra yards, because the Leigion of Boom will be lurking. As for Morris were still worried its just that the shiftier backs are usually the ones that give the D some problems
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 am
  • youngchew wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    youngchew wrote:I'll never understand posts like this. For starters, you're listening to a DC based radio. And most of the people who care enough to take time out of their day to actually call into a radio station are EXTREME homers. Of course they're gonna talk up the Redskins and down the Seahawks.

You can't be serious....are you? Have I said anything that was unfair, negative, or trying to talk down seattle in any way?

Yes, I am a Redskins fan on a Seahawks message board, and have been participating in many of the discussions here.

I've been voicing my opinions, and obviously I'm pro-skins. But have I said anything that was disrespectful towards the seahawks in any way? I believe I've given the Seahawks a ton of credit since I've been here, praised Wilson, complimented the defense, and have expressed several times that I am worried about this game because Seattle is a very good football team.

Who called you disrespectful? Chill out, dude.

You called a Seahawk fan out (on his own board, btw) for being thin-skinned for not believing how homer the local radio station is. All the while you've spent the entire week on here going far out of your way to tell Seattle fans at every opportunity just how wrong their opinions of their team is. I got zero problem with you doing so. It's cool to debate things level-headedly. You aren't breaking any rules. But you need to realize the similarities of you seeking out a Seattle forum and telling it's members how they are wrong, and those of this guy you just blasted. You just went to extreme lengths complaining about a fan not understanding the existence of homerism. Yet you seem baffled at it's existence on this board, as you pointed out in your comment.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 am
  • Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:
    I understand being confident in your team, but show some respect. We are here in the Playoffs for a reason, as are you. Don't act like we are a JV team. Or actually please do, because when we hit you in the mouth you wont be laughing much.

Go Hawks. That is all.

You're always gonna have fans who go to the extreme to express their opinions.

You had one guy make a topic in this forum saying that the Seahawks have a better player than the Redskins at every single position.

Point is, you're gonna have guys like that... it's not even worth debating them. Besides, 106.7 is a well known TROLL station lol. Chad Dukes is a joke...
    drastik
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:18 am
  • Can't we all just get along!?!?

LOL I understand locals will be homers, I listen to 106.7 every day to and from work. I love the DJs on that station, to include Lavar Arrington.

Just felt like venting. That and the fact that I'm on an emotional high since I just scored tickets about an hour ago.
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 am
  • I could careless what any radio station has to say outside of Seattle. If they aren't here, they don't know the Seahawks.

There isn't some rule that anyone has to show "respect" to another team from any angle other than playing the game by the rules. Local sports guys are fans too, they are going to look for every way possible to project the positives about their team and the weakness of the other. A total non-issue.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 am
  • rdskns4eva wrote:Im sure there are people on Seattle Talk radio saying stuff like

"RG3 is overrated"
    "Morris is slow"

etc....

Actually it's not like that at all. I'm from Boise ID but I listen online to the 2 main Seattle radio stations, KJR and 710 ESPN, and from what I'm hearing it's very reasonable. Both stations are very concerned over this game.

They have presented concerns and advantages for the Seahawks. Seattle fans (including the radio pundits.) feel we've have a better 53 man roster over Washington, but realize this game is on the road and that the majority of our games have been decided late in the 4th quarter.

This should be a good game and I think the team who will will be the one that can sustain drives. 3rd down will be huge for both teams both offensively and defensively. If RG3 is converting alot of 3rd downs Seattle will be in trouble. The best thing for Seattle would be to get out to an early 10-0, 14-3 lead and force Washington out of their running gameplan. But that seems unlikely to happen.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 am
  • You mean a homer radio station is being a homer? Shocking.

Kinda like the Seattle stations not giving the Skins any chance of winning?
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:36 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:You mean a homer radio station is being a homer? Shocking.

The main difference being that the Seattle stations are CORRECT.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 am
  • The best club this Redskins team has beaten is an injury depleted Ravens squad, at home, and they barely pulled that off. They don't handle physical teams well and the Seahawks are easily the most physical, violent team in the league right now.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 am
  • SmokinHawk wrote:The best club this Redskins team has beaten is an injury depleted Ravens squad, at home, and they barely pulled that off. They don't handle physical teams well and the Seahawks are easily the most physical, violent team in the league right now.

Very well put sir. I know the Redskins fans won't hear of it, but i'm telling you, they have zero chance of winning this game, barring some kind of freak occurrence or string of extreme misfortunes. And even then, I don't think they win.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 am
  • The Redskins are a very dangerous team and its foolish to think that we're just going to go in their house and dominate them. Some of you are making the rest of us Seahawks fans look bad.

I predict a Hawks victory but not by a blowout. Here's to a good game with no injuries
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 am
  • If the Hawks can't beat the Redskins, they don't have any business being in the playoffs. It was basically a push for the final spot in the playoffs, and it came down to who would win the NFC East (technically a 4th seed). We knew we weren't going to get home field advantage, and that is fine.

I don't see any other team in the Playoffs in the NFC being any easier to beat on their home field than the Redskins (obviously the Vikings would come to the Clink, so they don't really count).

The Redskins aren't as physical as the Niners and I don't think they are as polished as the Packers and Falcons.

This is a good test for us, and it will allow us to take the next step. I am confident, but if we lose, it simply proves we weren't ready this year. I hope we take advantage of our opportunity.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:You mean a homer radio station is being a homer? Shocking.

Who is saying that the Redskins don't have a chance?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20 pm
  • 94.3 ESPN/980 AM have been giving us plenty of credit; they're pretty easy to listen to even when the Seahawks aren't playing the Redskins.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 pm
  • The Fan is terrible. Listen to ESPN980.
    LuvMySkins
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:You mean a homer radio station is being a homer? Shocking.

Every radio show I've heard over the past week is picking the Hawks, and giving very little love to the Skins.......just like every person on this forum.

That's what hometown fans and radio hosts do, they homer. So not sure why this thread exists.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:

I am. Because they don't. Have one. A chance. They don't have a chance.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:04 pm
  • I seriously can't wait for my skins to beat the Seahawks.

What I love the most is no one here seems to acknowledge that their team has a horrible record when playing on the road.
    CrankUpTheDiesel
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:

I am. Because they don't. Have one. A chance. They don't have a chance.
    Im quoting you on this.
    CrankUpTheDiesel
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm
  • CrankUpTheDiesel wrote:I seriously can't wait for my skins to beat the Seahawks.

What I love the most is no one here seems to acknowledge that their team has a horrible record when playing on the road.

You're right. None of us are aware of our road record. We're such a bunch of confused fans. I'm glad you and your GED are here to clear up our misconceptions. Can you tell me if we went 16-0 this year? I think we did, but I'm not sure.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm
  • CrankUpTheDiesel wrote:I seriously can't wait for my skins to beat the Seahawks.

Once we opened up the offensive playbook, placing games in the hands of our rookie phenom QB, we stopped losing road games. Of the games we did lose, not one was lost by more than 7 points. You guys are toast. The Redskins have benefited from a cupcake schedule and are due to have their asses handed to 'em in a physically dominating fashion.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    CrankUpTheDiesel wrote:I seriously can't wait for my skins to beat the Seahawks.

You're right. None of us are aware of our road record. We're such a bunch of confused fans. I'm glad you and your GED are here to clear up our misconceptions. Can you tell me if we went 16-0 this year? I think we did, but I'm not sure.
    I bet you weren't even aware that Seahawks haven't won a playoff road game in I believe 29 years. Might as well make it 30.

The more you know...
    CrankUpTheDiesel
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    CrankUpTheDiesel wrote:I seriously can't wait for my skins to beat the Seahawks.

Once we opened up the offensive playbook, placing games in the hands of our rookie phenom QB, we stopped losing road games. Of the games we did lose, not one was lost by more than 7 points. You guys are toast. The Redskins have benefited from a cupcake schedule and are due to have their asses handed to 'em in a physically dominating fashion.
    Lmfao didn't you guys win like 3 road games the entire year?

Redskins nation is going to make this the tougher road game Seahawks have ever played, and our players are going to out play you and our coache are going to out coach you.

The Phoenix is rising once again. It's a new beginning, a new era, and a new team.
    CrankUpTheDiesel
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Just as bad as the Skins home record over the past 4-5 years. Are you guys even over .500?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:50 pm
  • No station in Seattle is saying the Skins don't have a chance. All I've heard all week is that this game is gonna' be tight, and VERY tough for the Hawks.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:57 pm
  • CrankUpTheDiesel wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:

Redskins nation is going to make this the tougher road game Seahawks have ever played, and our players are going to out play you and our coache are going to out coach you.

The Phoenix is rising once again. It's a new beginning, a new era, and a new team.

LMAO, didn't you guys LOSE 3 home games this year? :sarcasm_on:
    You need to realize that this is the playoffs! Throw all that other sh*t out and be ready for a ball busting physical game, PERIOD!!
    GO SEAHAWKS!!
    grizrgood
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 pm
  • I don't care! blah blah blah!

Seahawks are going to CRUSH the Redskins like lil kids falling in love.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:05 pm
    SmokinHawk wrote:

FedEx Field is hardly a venue known for loud fans. It's practically a library. :roll:

RG3 is the only special player on your entire roster and he's gimpy. #ontothenextgamealready

SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm
  • Isn't that the station that screwed over and dumped Don and Mike? If so, they are the worst station in the world.

Hawks win by 24
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:FedEx Field is hardly a venue known for loud fans. It's practically a library.

They're confusing unruly, rude, and obnoxious behavior with loud. It's easy to do if you haven't been to Seattle.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:24 pm
    SmokinHawk wrote:

LOLerskates. Redskins "Nation". uh... k'brah. I'd put our little 67k seat stadium up against your 85k seat concrete toilet full of fat queens in drag any day of the week. There's lots of things for our boys to worry about in this game, but "Redskins Nation" is not one of them.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    CrankUpTheDiesel wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Once we opened up the offensive playbook, placing games in the hands of our rookie phenom QB, we stopped losing road games. Of the games we did lose, not one was lost by more than 7 points. You guys are toast. The Redskins have benefited from a cupcake schedule and are due to have their asses handed to 'em in a physically dominating fashion.

The FedEx stadium motto: Doing less with more since moving to Maryland.

LOLerskates. Redskins "Nation". uh... k'brah. I'd put our little 67k seat stadium up against your 85k seat concrete toilet full of fat queens in drag any day of the week. There's lots of things for our boys to worry about in this game, but "Redskins Nation" is not one of them.

The FedEx Staduim motto : Doing less with more since moving to Maryland.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:31 pm
  • Man if we were extremeforeskins.orgy these clowns would be gone after "the", really not impressed with this fan base, there is no fan base worse than the 9ers, but these folks are kinda wuss's, can't take it on their site but like to hang out on other boards, are they all 12 and under? or just yellow?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm
  • I keep hearing Skin's fans talking down the Hawks road record...

Look in the mirror as you own the worst home record of any playoff team to be hosting a game.

It's not an advantage if you don't take it...
    "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"
    CHawks4L
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:I understand being confident in your team, but show some respect. We are here in the Playoffs for a reason, as are you.

meh, skinnies were in a lackluster division and had a weak schedule all around, toughness should be the difference in this game, who's the tougher team?

just go back to the big hits, starting off with the train stopping hit on Sean Lee that sent Lee into a tumble for the season, the rest are History..

lets move on to QB toughness, has Wilson started every game?

sweet, now how bout RG? oh you say he's got a glass knee eh? nice, hows that glass knee going to stack up against the hardest hitting team in the league? can't wait to find out... ;)
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 pm
  • Man, this site should have a trash talking forum, would keep legit oppenent threads from turning into a playground.

Most halfway informed fans know what RG3 can do, and knew it before he was drafted. Watching RG3 and Keith Price dual it out in that bowl game was awesome. If RG3 is at his best this will be a game. Hawks run D is questionable at best, line backer play is inconsistant. A team that has a solid run game and stout run D can will beat the hawks. Get behind by more than 10 and it will be a blow out.

Our fan base is starving for a ring and 2005 still leaves a bad taste in all of our fans mouth.

Hope this is a great game, if the hawks lose it will be becuase they got beat by a better team. RG3 is the real deal and you guys are lucky to have him.
    irocdave
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm
  • irocdave wrote:Man, this site should have a trash talking forum, would keep legit oppenent threads from turning into a playground.

We do have one, it's called the Smack Shack.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information