The Only Way I See the Skins Winning is.............

Hawknballs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":pufgtfto said:
Rdskns4eva, you do realize that Vegas lines have nothing to do with who they think is going to win, right? Those lines, and how they adjust and where they adjust to, are all about keeping betting action going on both sides so Vegas basically can't lose.

You mean they aren't just there to be helpful ego-boosters for fans???? GET OUT.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LuvMySkins":2fenih41 said:
It's funny how worried about the blitz you guys are and i'm sure it's all in your coaches heads as well. We went total opposite of the first gameplan we threw at Romo where we didnt Blitz at all. This is why it worked so well since they didnt expect it.

Shanny is big on putting things on film to make teams prepare for it and I wouldnt be surprised if we showed a lot of blitzes and bailed pre-snap. We've also done this a lot.

Shanny? That's so cute.

The reason the Skins have to blitz so much is because their defense was mediocre to begin with (#26 in total defense), add in key injuries and voila you have no choice but to blitz to get any sort or pressure.

Like I said, the ONLY way I see you guys winning is to continue this trend in hopes that the Hawks protection breaks down. If you back off then RW is going to carve you to pieces with accuracy, the read and copious amounts of Beast Mode.

A

Anonymous

Offensively, I'm concerned about how we cover/scheme for Fletcher. That dude has got to be targeted in the blocking schemes. If we can get past him, the RB's will have a good day. If we get the running game going early, then that will give us better opportunities in the air. Pass rush is not any more of a concern than normal. Russ will have his chances.

Defensively, I agree with others who lean toward linebacker play. Our guys play very well collectively, are fast, and have good hands. If the LB's play well, the defense plays well. KJ has got to play big.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Option Read can exploit the blitz - Russell can roll out with Lynch downfield ahead of him and just throw it over the blitzer's heads. We did this against SL and eked out a win. And like somebody said, the Skins don't blitz as good. Bring the corner blitz, man - we got the Read - let's see who wins.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":37bf6op8 said:
Rdskns4eva, you do realize that Vegas lines have nothing to do with who they think is going to win, right? Those lines, and how they adjust and where they adjust to, are all about keeping betting action going on both sides so Vegas basically can't lose.

Yea, I know. The article just says that in games that the home team as the underdog in the Playoffs, the home team usually wins. Not all the time, but about 66% of the time (20 wins, 10 losses). Data goes back to 1980.

Giblien

Reaction score
I think the key matchup is going to be our d-line vs their o-line. If we can win that battle, victory is ours. If we let them establish the run, it is going to be a very tight game.

hawker84

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1c4bedzk said:
Offensively, I'm concerned about how we cover/scheme for Fletcher. That dude has got to be targeted in the blocking schemes. If we can get past him, the RB's will have a good day. If we get the running game going early, then that will give us better opportunities in the air. Pass rush is not any more of a concern than normal. Russ will have his chances.

Defensively, I agree with others who lean toward linebacker play. Our guys play very well collectively, are fast, and have good hands. If the LB's play well, the defense plays well. KJ has got to play big.

fletcher is like 40 years old isn't he? romo made him look like LT..... i guess he still has game, but does not worry me to the point we have to scheme for him like you would Aldon Smith, or Vaughn Miller , Matthews someone like that.. could be wrong.

kmedic

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2t9v593a said:
If our coaching staff, Wilson and our O-Line don't effectively protect against the blitz.

Shanahan and his staff knows that he's outmatched personnel wise, so he's going to do what they did in the Dallas game, blitz the hell out of Wilson to force mistakes and long down and distances. We saw the Rams do it last game, which resulted in six first half sacks and WAY TOO MANY 2nd/3rd and longs.

This game should be a bout quick hits, rollouts, draws, screens and big passing plays down field. If if takes Sweezy and the rest of the O-Line well into the 2nd half like the Rams game to get their protection issues figured out, it could be a long day for our offense.

This game won't be lost because our offense wasn't good enough. This game will be lost because our defense couldn't hold RGIII and his WR's in the 4th quarter for a game-winning FG/TD. Our defense has not yet proven to anyone that they can stop an opposing offense on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Numbers also show that teams with either a top-3 offense or a top-3 defense are considerably more likely to win the Super Bowl than teams without either one of those. Seahawks are 4th on offense and defense, and 3rd in special teams. Redskins aren't top-5 in any of those. The most telling stat, IMO, is that in the history of the Super Bowl, only 2 bottom-half offenses have ever won it, and only 3 bottom-half defenses have. You guys have a bottom-half defense, making it very unlikely you can win the Super Bowl. The few teams that had both a top-5 offense and defense have won most of the Super Bowls they've made it to, but teams that rank that highly on both sides of the ball are just plain rare. Things are looking very good in Seahawks land, and most signs point to the Seahawks winning. Not that we can't lose; we certainly can. It's just not likely.

A

Anonymous

RolandDeschain":psfyg8d8 said:
Numbers also show that teams with either a top-3 offense or a top-3 defense are considerably more likely to win the Super Bowl than teams without either one of those. Seahawks are 4th on offense and defense, and 3rd in special teams. Redskins aren't top-5 in any of those. The most telling stat, IMO, is that in the history of the Super Bowl, only 2 bottom-half offenses have ever won it, and only 3 bottom-half defenses have. You guys have a bottom-half defense, making it very unlikely you can win the Super Bowl. The few teams that had both a top-5 offense and defense have won most of the Super Bowls they've made it to, but teams that rank that highly on both sides of the ball are just plain rare. Things are looking very good in Seahawks land, and most signs point to the Seahawks winning. Not that we can't lose; we certainly can. It's just not likely.

This post has given me more hope than all that I've read today.

Whether you are a fan of statistics or not, they do not lie. I agree that so many of the planets are indeed in alignment here. This team, at this time, and with what has been accomplished and measured to date... it just feels right.

LuvMySkins

Reaction score
hawker84":k8e4ibz6 said:
fletcher is like 40 years old isn't he? romo made him look like LT..... i guess he still has game, but does not worry me to the point we have to scheme for him like you would Aldon Smith, or Vaughn Miller , Matthews someone like that.. could be wrong.
That "40 years old" player just won NFC Defensive Player of the Month. Fletcher has been balling his tail off the last 4-5 games and is one of the best MLBs in the game. Don't sleep.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x096rgbc said:

We have a top 5 offense.

Wait, are you talking yards, points or Pro Football focus stats? Just want to be certain because on this board cause it seems like Pro Football focus are the only stats people look at on here.

birdman5

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":2qly4xhw said:
RolandDeschain":2qly4xhw said:

Yea, I know. The article just says that in games that the home team as the underdog in the Playoffs, the home team usually wins. Not all the time, but about 66% of the time (20 wins, 10 losses). Data goes back to 1980.

I found the data interesting. Thanks

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Hawknballs":gjdvrumh said:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/final-2012-dvoa-ratings

he's talking DVOA, which may not be the universal measurement but it's probably better than just looking at 'yards'.

Ok, just wanted to be sure, DVOA is fine, and I've aleady admitted that the Hawks have a better offense, but that does not mean that I dont think we are a top 5 offense. We are. We are number 4 in points and 5 in yards going by raw stats. Thats damn good.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":2voqh16y said:
Hawknballs":2voqh16y said:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/final-2012-dvoa-ratings

he's talking DVOA, which may not be the universal measurement but it's probably better than just looking at 'yards'.

Ok, just wanted to be sure, DVOA is fine, and I've aleady admitted that the Hawks have a better offense, but that does not mean that I dont think we are a top 5 offense. We are. We are number 4 in points and 5 in yards going by raw stats. Thats damn good.

Should be a good matchup then vs. the Seahawks defense, #4 in yards allowed and #1 in points allowed.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If there's any player I'm not worried about being eaten by a blitz it's Russell Wilson. You're going to see a lot of McCoy/Miller in this game and it's going to make skinz fans cry.

The only reason this game is close is because I expect the crowd to show up and keep RGIII motivated. All the Shanny's in the world couldn't win this game for the 'Skinz.

hawker84

Reaction score
LuvMySkins":1br636si said:
hawker84":1br636si said:
That "40 years old" player just won NFC Defensive Player of the Month. Fletcher has been balling his tail off the last 4-5 games and is one of the best MLBs in the game. Don't sleep.

sorry dude that's great and all, but RW made Aldon smith and Patrick Willis and Bowman , three of the best LB's in the game look like chumps repeatedly... not worried about old ass London Fletcher.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The interesting thing to me is we've been crucifying and vilifying our defense all year for not getting pressure with the sacks. It's been a weakness, and one of the more hand-wringing debate topics around these parts for most of the year. We finished with several more sacks on the season than the Redskins, and yet their fans seem to shrug it off thinking they'll still get to Wilson just fine. Sometimes I wish we had that optimism.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
To me the key is our pass rush on the road, it has been non-existent most of the year. If we give RG3 all day, it could be a long day. Gotta' get pressure on him.

Latest posts