Seahawks-Redskins Preview ... Key to Victory #1 ...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
cesame":wb3cb5fw said:
I just don't think the Redskins have the weapons on offense to put up a lot of pts against this defense. Washington's offense just doesn't throw anything at this defense that Seattle can't handle. They lack a big mismatch player, and you need one of those if you want to beat this defense.

Nobody does. The most points we've allowed in any one game this year is 28, to the Lions; and our defense inexplicably crapped the bed for half of that game. Not taking anything away from Detroit.

If the Redskins get 30 on us, I'll be floored.

Largent80

Reaction score
Washingtons offense is a lot less foreboding than SF's and you saw what we did to them, and now we have browner who is an excellent run defender.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Redskins have been pretty affective at scheme though. Take a 4.67 7th round rookie bruiser running back and turn him into the 3rd best rusher in the league. I mean, my hats off to that coaching staff.

LuvMySkins

Reaction score
Largent80":3ic52k7f said:
Washingtons offense is a lot less foreboding than SF's and you saw what we did to them, and now we have browner who is an excellent run defender.
I'd argue against that. The Skins have one of the most dynamic offenses in the league and are very savvy with taking what the defense is giving. People love to bring up the Hawks games against Kapernick as an example of them shutting down a Zone/Read/Pistol game but they hardly ran any pistol at all in that game. And even still, no team runs it to the tune that Skins do.

I think the defenses will both have their hands full.

Largent80

Reaction score
You can ARGUE against it, but you have to stop it, and I don't think that will happen.

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
Shock2k":249u267r said:
Redskins have been pretty affective at scheme though. Take a 4.67 7th round rookie bruiser running back and turn him into the 3rd best rusher in the league. I mean, my hats off to that coaching staff.

This is the key to the Redskins offense . . . its about not individuals, its about the scheme . . . and not just the option stuff either, but ShannyCo has put together a scheme that can be adapted very quickly to what the defense is doing . . . they have also done a great job setting up drives later in the game by showing something over and over earlier in the game . . . Seattle has a great Defense, but they have not played against this offense either and they will have to figure the Skins out as well . . .

Shock2k

Reaction score
SkinsGuru":20zlgr5h said:
Shock2k":20zlgr5h said:

. . . its about not individuals, its about the scheme . . . quote]

Could you clarify this please, or edit it.

jake206

Reaction score
One common opponent between the two teams is Minnesota, which is also a playoff team. Hawks gave up 182 yards to Adrian Peterson, while Redskins only gave up 79 yards. I think there should be more concern about this game. The hawks defense might matchup well with Redskins offense on paper, but I think Redskins are better in rush defense by statistical performance. This game will not be high point total game, but a grind it out ground game. RG3 will limited by injury and hawks offense has propensity for giving up sacks. This may boil down to who has the best breakout run by one of the two star running backs (Lynch and Morris), rather than on the QBs. Morris is #2 in yards and Lynch is #3.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I'm sticking to linebacker discipline. Our LB Core are fast with good vision. But they have had times when they overpursue and get burned. Just talking base 1rst, 2nd down run game here.

SE174

Reaction score
This is why we will win Sunday:
Mike Sando":1v8rhay0 said:
Wilson leads the NFL in QBR since Week 10 (84.1) and ranks second to Manning since Week 5 (81.7). He tied Manning's rookie record for touchdown passes with 26 even though Seattle kept its offense under wraps for the first few weeks of the season. His plus-16 margin of touchdowns to interceptions was the best by a rookie in NFL history. Wilson posted an 8-0 starting record at home. He also leads the NFL in QBR on the road since Week 8 and it's not close (92.7 for Wilson, 88.7 for Ryan and 84.7 for Manning). He has 10 total touchdowns and just one turnover on the road over that span. Wilson has five touchdown passes and no picks in his last three road games.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... p-watch-70

That, and our defense is far superior.

Shock2k

Reaction score
How about Penalties per game.
SEA is 27th | 6.9/G | 55/Yds/G (21rst)
WAS is 29th | 7.2/G | 61/Yds/G (30th)

Factor? Oh hell let's be honest the only glaring difference is points allowed in any of the stats.

LuvMySkins

Reaction score
Shock2k":176aoqa7 said:
I'm sticking to linebacker discipline. Our LB Core are fast with good vision. But they have had times when they overpursue and get burned. Just talking base 1rst, 2nd down run game here.
This will definitely be a key as RG3 is one of the best in the league at play fakes. Your LBs and DEs will constantly be put in situations where they have to make quick decisions if they want to stop the Skins O. I'm eager to see how you guys defend us.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Skins fans. Thanks for being so nice and cordial on our board. Your team is one that have almost nothing against except the biased media attention which is actually a blessing for us.

I am glad you guys are so confident, as you should be. Unfortunately for you, we will dominate every facet of this game and it won't be close though you can console yourself with the promise of a bright future.

Hawkscanner, thanks for the well researched analysis. But for your own blood pressure's sake, relax bud. We will handle this team.