DC Radio...ugh, makes me sick.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Listening to 106.7 the FAN earlier here in the DC/MD/VA area. It's a sports talk station. Some of the local skins callers and their non-sense just made me sick listening to them. I swear some of the comments regarding SEA not being hungry, specifically RW, how our D-Backfield is over-rated, and how PC is supposedly some noob-ish coach who will totally be outcoached by Shanny made me literally sick to my stomach.

I understand being confident in your team, but show some respect. We are here in the Playoffs for a reason, as are you. Don't act like we are a JV team. Or actually please do, because when we hit you in the mouth you wont be laughing much.

Go Hawks. That is all.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
They will probably be sick to their stomachs after feasting on crow.

youngchew

Reaction score
I'll never understand posts like this. For starters, you're listening to a DC based radio. And most of the people who care enough to take time out of their day to actually call into a radio station are EXTREME homers. Of course they're gonna talk up the Redskins and down the Seahawks.

You talk about "showing respect," well you might not get it from some fans, because they're morons. But I guarantee you that Mike Shanahan, the Washington Redskins team, and most of the RATIONAL Redskins fans respect the HELL out of Seattle.

Hell, look at this Seahawks forum alone, much less Seattle based sports radio. 90% of the folks on here have been saying in the game prediction threads that they expect Seattle to go into Washington and crush the Redskins, or at least beat them handily. Quite a few (not all) the folks on here are talking up the Hawks and downing the Skins, with comments like "we are better than them at every position."

You can't expect friendly and positive things to be said about your team when you're in enemy territory, surrounded by homers...

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Im sure there are people on Seattle Talk radio saying stuff like

"RG3 is overrated"
"Morris is slow"
"What has Mike Shanahan done since Elway"

etc....

OP
OP
S

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
youngchew":3p876w5p said:
I'll never understand posts like this. For starters, you're listening to a DC based radio. And most of the people who care enough to take time out of their day to actually call into a radio station are EXTREME homers. Of course they're gonna talk up the Redskins and down the Seahawks.

You talk about "showing respect," well you might not get it from some fans, because they're morons. But I guarantee you that Mike Shanahan, the Washington Redskins team, and most of the RATIONAL Redskins fans respect the HELL out of Seattle.

Hell, look at this Seahawks forum alone, much less Seattle based sports radio. 90% of the folks on here have been saying in the game prediction threads that they expect Seattle to go into Washington and crush the Redskins, or at least beat them handily. Quite a few (not all) the folks on here are talking up the Hawks and downing the Skins, with comments like "we are better than them at every position."

You can't expect friendly and positive things to be said about your team when you're in enemy territory, surrounded by homers...

Ha Ha, thanks. I was under the impression all Skins fans thought we were a JV team. Thanks for putting it all into perspective :roll:

It goes both ways, I just felt like sharing. Thanks for your input.

My Prediction - Hawks 60 (yes, sixty), Skins -2 (yes, negative two) :D

SeaTown81

Reaction score
youngchew":19w7gg13 said:

Tumblr lsinloVxXa1qafrh6

Have you been paying attention to what you've been doing on this board all week?

youngchew

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1dzkhflx said:
youngchew":1dzkhflx said:

Tumblr lsinloVxXa1qafrh6

Have you been paying attention to what you've been doing on this board all week?

You can't be serious....are you? Have I said anything that was unfair, negative, or trying to talk down seattle in any way?

Yes, I am a Redskins fan on a Seahawks message board, and have been participating in many of the discussions here.

I've been voicing my opinions, and obviously I'm pro-skins. But have I said anything that was disrespectful towards the seahawks in any way? I believe I've given the Seahawks a ton of credit since I've been here, praised Wilson, complimented the defense, and have expressed several times that I am worried about this game because Seattle is a very good football team.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":x5x1izxs said:

"RG3 is overrated"
"Morris is slow"

etc....
Haha...No my man were not. Maybe on KJR, but on 710 there is nothing but respect for RG3 and Shanahan. About the worst it gets is we like the matchups, and RG3 needs to be careful going for extra yards, because the Leigion of Boom will be lurking. As for Morris were still worried its just that the shiftier backs are usually the ones that give the D some problems

SeaTown81

Reaction score
youngchew":ppq61219 said:
SeaTown81":ppq61219 said:
youngchew":ppq61219 said:

Tumblr lsinloVxXa1qafrh6

You can't be serious....are you? Have I said anything that was unfair, negative, or trying to talk down seattle in any way?

Yes, I am a Redskins fan on a Seahawks message board, and have been participating in many of the discussions here.

I've been voicing my opinions, and obviously I'm pro-skins. But have I said anything that was disrespectful towards the seahawks in any way? I believe I've given the Seahawks a ton of credit since I've been here, praised Wilson, complimented the defense, and have expressed several times that I am worried about this game because Seattle is a very good football team.

Who called you disrespectful? Chill out, dude.

You called a Seahawk fan out (on his own board, btw) for being thin-skinned for not believing how homer the local radio station is. All the while you've spent the entire week on here going far out of your way to tell Seattle fans at every opportunity just how wrong their opinions of their team is. I got zero problem with you doing so. It's cool to debate things level-headedly. You aren't breaking any rules. But you need to realize the similarities of you seeking out a Seattle forum and telling it's members how they are wrong, and those of this guy you just blasted. You just went to extreme lengths complaining about a fan not understanding the existence of homerism. Yet you seem baffled at it's existence on this board, as you pointed out in your comment.

drastik

Reaction score
Seattle_Stunna_MD":o8k52fro said:
I understand being confident in your team, but show some respect. We are here in the Playoffs for a reason, as are you. Don't act like we are a JV team. Or actually please do, because when we hit you in the mouth you wont be laughing much.

Go Hawks. That is all.
You're always gonna have fans who go to the extreme to express their opinions.

You had one guy make a topic in this forum saying that the Seahawks have a better player than the Redskins at every single position.

Point is, you're gonna have guys like that... it's not even worth debating them. Besides, 106.7 is a well known TROLL station lol. Chad Dukes is a joke...

OP
OP
S

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Can't we all just get along!?!?

LOL I understand locals will be homers, I listen to 106.7 every day to and from work. I love the DJs on that station, to include Lavar Arrington.

Just felt like venting. That and the fact that I'm on an emotional high since I just scored tickets about an hour ago.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I could careless what any radio station has to say outside of Seattle. If they aren't here, they don't know the Seahawks.

There isn't some rule that anyone has to show "respect" to another team from any angle other than playing the game by the rules. Local sports guys are fans too, they are going to look for every way possible to project the positives about their team and the weakness of the other. A total non-issue.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":1nasjcuf said:

"RG3 is overrated"
"Morris is slow"

etc....

Actually it's not like that at all. I'm from Boise ID but I listen online to the 2 main Seattle radio stations, KJR and 710 ESPN, and from what I'm hearing it's very reasonable. Both stations are very concerned over this game.

They have presented concerns and advantages for the Seahawks. Seattle fans (including the radio pundits.) feel we've have a better 53 man roster over Washington, but realize this game is on the road and that the majority of our games have been decided late in the 4th quarter.

This should be a good game and I think the team who will will be the one that can sustain drives. 3rd down will be huge for both teams both offensively and defensively. If RG3 is converting alot of 3rd downs Seattle will be in trouble. The best thing for Seattle would be to get out to an early 10-0, 14-3 lead and force Washington out of their running gameplan. But that seems unlikely to happen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You mean a homer radio station is being a homer? Shocking.

Kinda like the Seattle stations not giving the Skins any chance of winning?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
The best club this Redskins team has beaten is an injury depleted Ravens squad, at home, and they barely pulled that off. They don't handle physical teams well and the Seahawks are easily the most physical, violent team in the league right now.

Shaz

Reaction score
The Redskins are a very dangerous team and its foolish to think that we're just going to go in their house and dominate them. Some of you are making the rest of us Seahawks fans look bad.

I predict a Hawks victory but not by a blowout. Here's to a good game with no injuries

Starrman44

Reaction score
If the Hawks can't beat the Redskins, they don't have any business being in the playoffs. It was basically a push for the final spot in the playoffs, and it came down to who would win the NFC East (technically a 4th seed). We knew we weren't going to get home field advantage, and that is fine.

I don't see any other team in the Playoffs in the NFC being any easier to beat on their home field than the Redskins (obviously the Vikings would come to the Clink, so they don't really count).

The Redskins aren't as physical as the Niners and I don't think they are as polished as the Packers and Falcons.

This is a good test for us, and it will allow us to take the next step. I am confident, but if we lose, it simply proves we weren't ready this year. I hope we take advantage of our opportunity.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3a0y6zgg said:
You mean a homer radio station is being a homer? Shocking.

Kinda like the Seattle stations not giving the Skins any chance of winning?
Who is saying that the Redskins don't have a chance?