Wilson named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Randall Liu ‏@RLiuNFL
NFL Offensive Rookie of Month for December: @Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

Congrats, DangeRuss!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Damnit, yours beat mine because of the 45-second delay requirement between posts. Delete it or merge it. =P

HawkGA

Reaction score
Darn it, I tried to post to Roland's thread but apparently it is already merged with Sailor's.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkGA":14q8kqjv said:
Darn it, I tried to post to Roland's thread but apparently it is already merged with Sailor's.

Thanks for the support, bro. :biggthumpup:

Can't believe Wilson led the NFL in passer rating in December. Awesome.

JKent82

Reaction score
Go Russ! How many rookie of the weeks did he win? 1?

Veilside

Reaction score
Is that like the equivalent of winning 4 rookie of the weeks?

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was just Named the Rookie of the month for December

“@CBSSeahawks: Seahawks QB Russell Wilson has been named NFL Offensive Rookie of Month for December.”

So does he win OROY that is the real question

youngchew

Reaction score
JKent82":1m6pcv34 said:
Go Russ! How many rookie of the weeks did he win? 1?

Yes, 1.

Bob Griffin won 7 ROTWs, Wilson got 1.

Bob Griffin won 2 ROTMs, Wilson got 1.

With Wilson having a beast mode December, I think ROTY is going to be REALLY close between Wilson and Griffin.

Though Luck has had a hech of a season, I just can't see him winning it. I'm sorry, but the guy who leads the NFL in turnovers shouldn't get that honor. I know he was asked to do a lot, and yes i know Indy had no running game, but still.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
But a common theme I see for pumping up Luck for ROTY by the mediots is that he finished so much stronger than RG3 (and RW when they even bother to mention him.) The stats in this thread must all be lies.

And for the Luck being asked to do more argument, I would like to point out that the Seahawks didn't become serious contenders until RW was allowed to do more. So who really did a better job of stepping up to the challenge of "doing more"?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really don't care if DangeRuss wins any awards(even though he deserves a bunch). I just care about winning games. I feel very confident. :) All those awards are just popularity contests any ways. Who gives a crap. GO HAWKS!!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm predicting the OROY will go to both Griffin and Wilson, with Luck being a close 3rd.

Co-OROYs. Their stats and impact are nearly inseparable.

youngchew

Reaction score
Bitter":112kz2x8 said:
But a common theme I see for pumping up Luck for ROTY by the mediots is that he finished so much stronger than RG3 (and RW when they even bother to mention him.)

Yeah, that has been bothering me. Everybody keeps pumping up Luck because he "leads the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks." But the very reason they had to come from behind was due to all the early interceptions Luck threw.

Somebody referred to Andrew Luck as "an arsonist that puts out his own fires." LOL

With Luck's league leading 18 interceptions being the reason Indy was always playing form behind, should his comeback wins even be a stat used to support his ROTY case? I don't think it should.

themunn

Reaction score
still can't understand why he didn't win rookie of the month for November too though