Jaye Howard What's his deal?

ivotuk

Reaction score
4th round pick, was supposed to have a quick first step, our old D Line coach, now in FLA recommended him. I've heard motivation has been a problem in the past but is it that or injuries?

He's being outperformed by Greg Scruggs much the way their Colleges compared today. Scruggs/Louisville making Howard/Florida look bad.

pinksheets

Reaction score
My theory is that he's actually shown to the coaching staff that he's 40x the player Geno Atkins and Ndamkong Suh are and we've been saving him as our secret weapon for the playoffs. Yeah, I'm stickin' to it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pinksheets":3iuoeg1v said:
My theory is that he's actually shown to the coaching staff that he's 40x the player Geno Atkins and Ndamkong Suh are and we've been saving him as our secret weapon for the playoffs. Yeah, I'm stickin' to it.

It's true. Seattle is employing the "Dog it in the regular season, then turn it on in the playoffs" form of football.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
ivotuk":1zy7lxqt said:
4th round pick, was supposed to have a quick first step, our old D Line coach, now in FLA recommended him. I've heard motivation has been a problem in the past but is it that or injuries?

He's being outperformed by Greg Scruggs much the way their Colleges compared today. Scruggs/Louisville making Howard/Florida look bad.

ComPETE.....and he is losing.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Not all the later draft picks will turn in to Shermans and Chancellors unfortunately. He may just not have ended up being the player they were expecting. It happens.

Tical21

Reaction score
Scruggs is a better pass rusher. If we needed DT depth on early downs, Howard would get the nod. He's doing fine. I don't know how there could be expectations for a 4th DT

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":1gnnd8if said:
Scruggs is a better pass rusher. If we needed DT depth on early downs, Howard would get the nod. He's doing fine. I don't know how there could be expectations for a 4th DT

Exactly. Howard appears to be a DT of the big bodied run stuffing lane clogging variety. We're kinda deep in that area right now with Mebane, Branch and MacDonald already being on the roster so Jaye is the odd man out. What we need is the penetrating 3-tech variety DT that we lost when Jason Jones went down and Scruggs seems to be the one called upon to fill that role.

Basis4day

Reaction score
His deal is he's a 4th round rookie D lineman on a team with a fairly healthy d line.

Jville

Reaction score
Snaps credited in week 17 against the Rams:

___________________ Gregg Scruggs ___ Jaye Howard ___ Clinton McDonald
Defensive Snaps ----------------25------------------15-------------------12--------
Special Teams Snaps ------------5--------------------0--------------------1--------
Total Snaps ---------------------30------------------15-------------------13--------