Congratulations and good luck!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Congratulations and good luck!
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 pm
  • Congratulations from a Ravens fan! I came here last year when we were getting ready to play you all, and I thought that this really was a team with a bright future under Carroll. This team has surpassed pretty much everyone's expectations.

I've always rooted for small, underappreciated markets like my own, so I've always had an affinity for the Seahawks. In the DC/Baltimore area it is hard to find Seattle games on television often but when it didn't interfere with the Ravens games, I made the time, and it's been such a pleasure to watch Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, and the extremely impressive defense do what they do this year. I had a feeling it would culminate in a playoff berth and a lot of people are expecting the Seahawks to possibly make a run. I certainly hope so! First of all, living in Redskins county, I cannot stand the fans and I really want them shut up. But also, the Seahawks have become my favorite team other than the Ravens to watch and are without question my favorite NFC team.

Russell Wilson is truly inspirational and a joy to watch. Someone who was told he's not tall enough to play QB in the NFL is doing as good a job as anyone else. I hear things about how hard he works and it just makes me like him even more. Without question he should be Rookie of the Year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see RG3 get it because of the market size. Regardless of what happens from here on out, what Seattle has done this season is truly impressive and I believe they will continue to be a force for years to come. So, congratulations, and be proud of your team.

I hope we see you guys in the Superbowl. :D

Oh, and happy new year!
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Congratulations and good luck!
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 pm
  • Awesome - thanks mang.

Happy new year
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:51 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:Congratulations from a Ravens fan! I came here last year when we were getting ready to play you all, and I thought that this really was a team with a bright future under Carroll. This team has surpassed pretty much everyone's expectations.

I've always rooted for small, underappreciated markets like my own, so I've always had an affinity for the Seahawks. In the DC/Baltimore area it is hard to find Seattle games on television often but when it didn't interfere with the Ravens games, I made the time, and it's been such a pleasure to watch Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, and the extremely impressive defense do what they do this year. I had a feeling it would culminate in a playoff berth and a lot of people are expecting the Seahawks to possibly make a run. I certainly hope so! First of all, living in Redskins county, I cannot stand the fans and I really want them shut up. But also, the Seahawks have become my favorite team other than the Ravens to watch and are without question my favorite NFC team.

Russell Wilson is truly inspirational and a joy to watch. Someone who was told he's not tall enough to play QB in the NFL is doing as good a job as anyone else. I hear things about how hard he works and it just makes me like him even more. Without question he should be Rookie of the Year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see RG3 get it because of the market size. Regardless of what happens from here on out, what Seattle has done this season is truly impressive and I believe they will continue to be a force for years to come. So, congratulations, and be proud of your team.

Oh, and happy new year!

Thanks for the props, man. The Ravens have always been my 2nd favorite team. I love that D! And purple and black is bad as hell. Hope we see you in the Superbowl as well.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 pm
  • Thanks man, I hope the Ravens take Luck out this Sunday.

For the record, Russell is doing better than, "As good a job as anyone else."
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:57 pm
  • I would greatly enjoy that Super Bowl.

Good luck to you guys as well, I'll be rolling Ravens gear when Hawks aren't playing...the joys of a Pittsburgh native lady friend :P

GO BIRD TEAMS!!!
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:58 pm
  • ParisPC07 wrote:Thanks man, I hope the Ravens take Luck out this Sunday.

For the record, Russell is doing better than, "As good a job as anyone else."

Well yeah I know that, just meant that his height isn't a hindrance. I'd take him over Flacco.
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 pm
  • Word! Props from the team blueprint I personally covet. Ray Lewis is my favorite non-Hawk player of all-time.

For real, thank you! Being a Ravens-style team is what I wanted the Seahawks to be when they grew up.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:02 pm
  • Thanks for the kudos. Good luck in the playoffs. I guess you can see some of our guys have a hair trigger. It is always good to have an objective look at your team. Happy New Year!
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:37 pm
  • SilkMonkey wrote:I would greatly enjoy that Super Bowl.

Good luck to you guys as well, I'll be rolling Ravens gear when Hawks aren't playing...the joys of a Pittsburgh native lady friend :P

GO BIRD TEAMS!!!

So you hate the Steelers as much as we do?
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:53 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:Well yeah I know that, just meant that his height isn't a hindrance. I'd take him over Flacco.

Flacco's one of the better league quarterbacks. That's some pretty high praise right there. Of course, I'd agree, for what it's worth.

baltimoreravens wrote:So you hate the Steelers as much as we do?

Why, yes. Yes, we do. No love lost for the Stealers around these parts. Baltimore is one of my favorite AFC teams. Watched a lot of Ravens games living there for four years. See you in the Super Bowl.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:08 pm
  • Good luck to you guys in the playoffs - Ravens were my preseason pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Won't mention who my NFC pick was (cough*Bears*cough).

Would love to see a Baltimore/Seattle Super Bowl.
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:

That's an affirmative.

Self edit: removed a whole bunch of crazy angry ramblings!! :evil:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 pm
  • Our team was modeled after yours, so...thanks for the blueprint. :)

Unfortunately, I have to say it will probably be Denver facing Seattle in the Super Bowl. :)
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Our team was modeled after yours, so...thanks for the blueprint. :)

Unfortunately, I have to say it will probably be Denver facing Seattle in the Super Bowl. :)

I'm trying to be optimistic but we're definitely an underdog, possibly even more than Seattle is. If we can't make it, I'm hoping Denver takes care of New England, don't think anyone wants to see them in the Superbowl again. (Or the Texans but I don't like their chances.) As far as NFC goes, I'm rooting for Seattle all the way, and after that anybody but Atlanta or Washington.

I'm thinking I foresee a Denver vs. Green Bay Superbowl, but this year is as unpredictable as ever.
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 pm
  • ParisPC07, yours is my favorite gif. What BB did on that play was phenomenal! The other play was his shadowing Cam Newton, then cutting off the pitch and causing the fumble. Browner is the shiznit!

Thanks for the props Ravens fan :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:47 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Our team was modeled after yours, so...thanks for the blueprint. :)

A good friend of mine made this exact prediction at the beginning of the season and I'll be damned if it doesn't seem downright plausible at this point.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 pm
  • Good luck to you as well...hope to see Ray Lewis return to form
    kinesmajor
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:09 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:

Maybe not quite as much. I do have that "Damn Right I Hate Steelers" shirt like Suggs
    wore, jump for joy when Steeler Elimination Day arrives, and trained my children to call their QB
    Rapistberger, however.

Best of luck this post season to your squad!
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:44 pm
  • That's cool that you stopped by. I like the Ravens (especially Ray Lewis). Hope you guys do well in the playoffs. A Raven/Seahawks match up would be fine by me.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:47 pm
  • I'm hoping for the Bird Bowl, baby!
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:
    SilkMonkey wrote:I would greatly enjoy that Super Bowl.

GO BIRD TEAMS!!!

MORE

:th2thumbs:
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm
  • Cheers, thanks for the shout out!
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:Congratulations from a Ravens fan! I came here last year when we were getting ready to play you all, and I thought that this really was a team with a bright future under Carroll. This team has surpassed pretty much everyone's expectations.

Oh, and happy new year!

You're awesome dude. BROFIST

Bill Simmons predicted Ravens vs Seahawks in the superbowl this year, for what it's worth. :0190l:
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:49 pm
  • Classy post.

Thank you and backatcha.

Nobody who doesn't live in New England wants to see those guys back again.
    I've got a holdover animus for the Donkeys from the days we were in the same division.
    Texans are pretenders. Still think the Colts tanked it last year to get Luck.
    Thank the Lord the Stealers are dead for this year.

From our side, I'm sick to death of Aaron Rogers and the Peckers ,and I'd rather see my
    sister in a brothel than my brother a 49'er.

Raven birds and Seahawk birds Super Bowl?....... Shoot yeah!
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:05 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:
    SilkMonkey wrote:I would greatly enjoy that Super Bowl.

GO BIRD TEAMS!!!

Probably more than you. We call them the stealers!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:25 am
  • baltimoreravens wrote: I certainly hope so! First of all, living in Redskins county, I cannot stand the fans and I really want them shut up.

Oh behalf of Redskins nation, let me tell you that the feeling is mutual.

Have you met my friend Kirk Cousins? :th2thumbs:
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:38 pm
  • I'm telling you guys... it's not possible that you hate the Steelers more than us.

Thanks for the props.

I sure hope Bill Simmons is right!
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:40 pm
  • kinesmajor wrote:Good luck to you as well...hope to see Ray Lewis return to form

Didn't see this before. Sigh... yeah. It's a sad day in Baltimore.
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:04 pm
  • I can't believe Ray Lewis is retiring... Definite first ballot HOFer. Congrats and good luck!
    jake206
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:12 pm
  • Classy post, amigo. I hope your purple Brady eaters get a chance to smear the Patriots. A Ravens/'Hawks Super Bowl would be amazing.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 pm
  • Thanks and good luck to you guys as well. Maybe we will meet in the middle this year!

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:I'm telling you guys... it's not possible that you hate the Steelers more than us.

As a fan-base, no. But for hard-core Seahawks fans, our hatred of the rustbuckets rivals yours. My two favorite teams are the Seahawks and whoever plays the the sqeelers. I daydream of clocking that guy in the NFL commercial with the Super Bowls listed on his arm, and tattooing multiple asterisks. If the world ends, I want it to start with a meteor hitting Pittstink when they're hosting the digits. I hope their DC gets diphtheria. I hope Robfkdiuhoqberger gets gangrene in a strategically sensitive place. Need I go on?
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 am
  • Fair enough. United in Steeler hatred! :)
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 am
  • bird bowl for the win!
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:09 am
  • This being Ray Lewis's last season, and seeing the inspiration he inspires in his teamates, it would not suprise me to see the Ravens make a playoff run. Ray Lewis makes me want to strap on the pads and hit somebody. He could not have timed his retirement announcment any better.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 am
  • I love you!!!!!!!
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am
  • I have nothing but respect for the Ravens, their my 2nd favorite team. Seeing Ray lewis retire sucks but when its your time to leave it just your time. To me he will go down as one of the greatest MLB of the game. For what he overcame in the beginning of his career and turned out to be is awesome, glad he got a 2nd chance.

I was always jealous of your guys defense one of the hardest hitting out there for so long.

Thank you for stopping by and wishing us luck. Good luck to your team also beat that colts azz, ill be rooting for ya.
    WeakBeak
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:43 pm
  • I have been a closet Ravens since Feb of 2006.

I knew if there was one group of fans and a team that hated the Stealers, it would be Baltimore. There couldn't have been a better team to lash pain on them in the Ravens. They have not disappointed over the years. That last game against NE was a heartbreaker in the playoffs. Even i was bummed on that one.

I wonder what it will look like when Papa Ray comes out for his last run in the playoffs. If I am the Ravens and win the toss, I defer. :D
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm
  • I gotta say... The Redskins fans are truly starting to make me sick. I am starting to hate them more than some of our division foes... Regardless, I think most of us Hawks fans love the Ravens and have always wanted that style of play here in Seattle. We finally have it and are loving it! Thanks for the props and here is to the Bird Bowl.
    Rotoki521
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 pm
  • Ravens fans have always had an inferiority complex being from the area but always playing 2nd fiddle to the Redskins. No wonder he's rooting for you guys.
    CrankUpTheDiesel
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 pm
  • Do you think Ray Lewis would kill to be in one more Super Bowl?
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 pm
  • CrankUpTheDiesel wrote:Ravens fans have always had an inferiority complex being from the area but always playing 2nd fiddle to the Redskins. No wonder he's rooting for you guys.

If you want to contribute to the discussion about the Hawks & Skins, please do so. Otherwise stay out of the main forum and stick to your thread in the shack.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 am
  • Sorry to see the season end that way for you guys. Atlanta really did get pretty darn lucky. You all have a very bright future ahead of you. I hope y'all cheer the Ravens on the next few weeks! :)
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:34 am
  • baltimoreravens wrote:Sorry to see the season end that way for you guys. Atlanta really did get pretty darn lucky. You all have a very bright future ahead of you. I hope y'all cheer the Ravens on the next few weeks! :)

I will be fo' sho, the Ravens are my AFC team.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 pm
  • Go Ravens :)
    kev007
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:18 pm
  • I assume we have all of your support in Super Bowl 47, right? :)
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 pm
  • Amen. Ravens are tied for my second favorite team in the world right now.

...then again it goes:

1) Seattle
    2) Almost every other team that isn't from San Fransisco
    31) Washington
    32) San Fransisco

:th2thumbs:
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:07 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:I assume we have all of your support in Super Bowl 47, right? :)

A few think it benefits us to have our rival win it all. I think a huge number are pulling for you guys. I am. Good luck. Impressive run so far. Hope your guys keep their eyes on the prize after getting past the Patriots.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:21 pm
  • keep it artsy - put a bird on it!
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm
  • CrankUpTheDiesel wrote:Ravens fans have always had an inferiority complex being from the area but always playing 2nd fiddle to the Redskins. No wonder he's rooting for you guys.

The Ravens are a MUCH better franchise than the Redskins, even in the 17+ seasons they've been in existence they have shown to have a much better and classier fanbase

Skins fans are almost unbearable, I've only met a handful I can be cool with but other than that the rest are bitchy brats
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Next

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information