Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Jaye Howard What's his deal?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am 
* NET Nobody *

4th round pick, was supposed to have a quick first step, our old D Line coach, now in FLA recommended him. I've heard motivation has been a problem in the past but is it that or injuries?

He's being outperformed by Greg Scruggs much the way their Colleges compared today. Scruggs/Louisville making Howard/Florida look bad.

Post subject: Re: Jaye Howard What's his deal?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 am 
NET Veteran

My theory is that he's actually shown to the coaching staff that he's 40x the player Geno Atkins and Ndamkong Suh are and we've been saving him as our secret weapon for the playoffs. Yeah, I'm stickin' to it.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 am 
* NET Philistine *

pinksheets wrote:
My theory is that he's actually shown to the coaching staff that he's 40x the player Geno Atkins and Ndamkong Suh are and we've been saving him as our secret weapon for the playoffs. Yeah, I'm stickin' to it.

It's true. Seattle is employing the "Dog it in the regular season, then turn it on in the playoffs" form of football.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:41 am 
NET Veteran

ivotuk wrote:
4th round pick, was supposed to have a quick first step, our old D Line coach, now in FLA recommended him. I've heard motivation has been a problem in the past but is it that or injuries?

He's being outperformed by Greg Scruggs much the way their Colleges compared today. Scruggs/Louisville making Howard/Florida look bad.

ComPETE.....and he is losing.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 am 
NET Veteran

Not all the later draft picks will turn in to Shermans and Chancellors unfortunately. He may just not have ended up being the player they were expecting. It happens.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 am 
NET Veteran

Scruggs is a better pass rusher. If we needed DT depth on early downs, Howard would get the nod. He's doing fine. I don't know how there could be expectations for a 4th DT

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 am 
* Gangnameister *

Tical21 wrote:
Scruggs is a better pass rusher. If we needed DT depth on early downs, Howard would get the nod. He's doing fine. I don't know how there could be expectations for a 4th DT

Exactly. Howard appears to be a DT of the big bodied run stuffing lane clogging variety. We're kinda deep in that area right now with Mebane, Branch and MacDonald already being on the roster so Jaye is the odd man out. What we need is the penetrating 3-tech variety DT that we lost when Jason Jones went down and Scruggs seems to be the one called upon to fill that role.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 am 
NET Veteran

His deal is he's a 4th round rookie D lineman on a team with a fairly healthy d line.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 am 
* NET Alumni *

Snaps credited in week 17 against the Rams:

___________________ Gregg Scruggs ___ Jaye Howard ___ Clinton McDonald
Defensive Snaps ----------------25------------------15-------------------12--------
Special Teams Snaps ------------5--------------------0--------------------1--------
Total Snaps ---------------------30------------------15-------------------13--------

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]