Worried looking at stats from St. Louis game.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
NO SACKS for us.
6 for them.
OK, I didn't watch any bit of the game since I live in MI.
We are seriously lacking in the sack dept. Since I didn't see the game, did we even get pressure?
I really hate living where I do. lol.

Oh, and for the record, Morris scares me more than Griffin.
But I do have confidence in DangeRuss.
It should be a great game this weekend. :th2thumbs:

drdiags

Reaction score
Clemons put pretty good pressure on Bradford. Came very close to having a fumble causing sack for a scoop and score. Tuck rule. There were the usual tackling of the rusher by the OL. Got a call against Mebane. But yes, Bradford had all day. Irvin was his usual self. Got close a few times . A couple of hurries and maybe a few hits.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
We had a lot of pressure and "almost sacks" for what it's worth. This with a very vanilla scheme across the board. Change a couple of penalties and stupid plays and the score is probably closer to 30-6 than how it ended. I'm not as worried as you might be just looking at the stats.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'll take a game where we don't get any sacks and take six sacks but we win. Any day.

You should subscribe to NFL's Game Rewind (or whatever it's called). I saved my sanity a couple times this season when I had to miss a game's live broadcast.

kmedic

Reaction score
Our defense is not built to generate sacks. It is built first to stop the run and second to defend the pass. Of course there must be pressure but PC and Bradley are unwilling to blitz to create that pressure. Unfortunately, we do not have that super elite DE that can get sacks all on his own. Hopefully Irvin can be that guy one day, but I don't see it happening until we find an elite pass rushing interior DT.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I'm still under the impression once SF scored it's 2 TD on the Cardinals, we started backing of the gas (from a play calling perspective). It was almost like they were testing things out. I mean did you see that strange soft zone the secondary was playing in the second half. Really look at the game, how odd was that? Did that look anything you saw in the past 4 weeks?

Besides St. Louis, 7th ranked defense this year, Washington 17th.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I'm not worried. I also think the last game was pretty vanilla. I think we used it to get Sweezy some good experience against a super defensive line.

I will be super disappointed if we don't win Saturday. I don't see us losing this game (but I have been wrong before).

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2gsuq4zt said:
NO SACKS for us.
6 for them.
OK, I didn't watch any bit of the game since I live in MI.
We are seriously lacking in the sack dept. Since I didn't see the game, did we even get pressure?
I really hate living where I do. lol.

Oh, and for the record, Morris scares me more than Griffin.
But I do have confidence in DangeRuss.
It should be a great game this weekend. :th2thumbs:

That same team that had zero sacks went 11-5. Don't dismiss the Ram's D line, and don't judge a team by stats alone out of context.

Also, go to a bar to watch games.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
The Ram's D-Line was beastin' it up. Washington doesn't have the personnel to do what St. Louis did.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Rams also had a the dink and dunk going. Screens and short passes generating YAC. I would like to see a stat showing how many times Sammy Threw it more that 5 yards in the air. It was not much.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. For the record, I cannot afford game rewind nor can I just go to a sports bar. I don't drive(disabled) and have no income coming in myself. I was also in transit with my husband on our way to my sister's house(they live 30 miles away). We then traveled to another location with them for a New Year's party.
I did say in my original post that I had no way to view the game and could only view stats. I really appreciate all the input and feel much better now. BTW, I'm in!!!!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Well we did have two TD's taken away also. The first one drew a penalty on McCoy for setting a pick and it was kind of but a call that really would only come in a game the officials call 24 penalties. The second was a sack fumble that looked to me that Bradford lost control of the ball before his hand was moving forward and even if it didn't it had to be intentional grounding. But that call is one that always goes in favor of teams like the packers or Steelers.

We really had nothing to play for and that game might as well of been the Rams super bowl and the Rams are significantly improved. That we came away with a win is impressive to me.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1y7dwi6b said:
Thanks for the replies. For the record, I cannot afford game rewind nor can I just go to a sports bar. I don't drive(disabled) and have no income coming in myself. I was also in transit with my husband on our way to my sister's house(they live 30 miles away). We then traveled to another location with them for a New Year's party.
I did say in my original post that I had no way to view the game and could only view stats. I really appreciate all the input and feel much better now. BTW, I'm in!!!!

I now live in Michigan as well and feel your frustration at the lack of Seahawks coverage. What used to be free for me living in Bellevue on King5 or Q13 is now unavailable.

Largent80

Reaction score
Andrea, my viewing here in Socal is the same. Hawks are never on, so when I switched to Directv I got free Sunday ticket for this year.

Not worried about the sack total from the ram game as that was a perfect game to get us ready for the playoffs, hard fought and won at the end.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are HOPING that we were just vanilla intentionally to keep something for the playoffs, but none of us really know. The simpler explanation is that we just can't generate pass rush with the personnel we have right now.

hawker84

Reaction score
i watched the game again last night on Replay.. morris was vertually untouched running through the holes, that's why he was able to gash Dallas for big gain after another, then when they did get to him the missed tackle after tackle... Dallas Defense is putred, i would not put much stock into that performance to measure his ability... damn good back, but he can be contained. RG3 scares me way more than morris.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Starrman44":gnrq4rhc said:
I will be super disappointed if we don't win Saturday. I don't see us losing this game (but I have been wrong before).
You will be disappointed then.

AVL

Reaction score
Statistically sacks should be rated at different levels to sort big losses, turnover, gurney type sacks from the mickey mouse type. Like sex, their all good, but...