Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Redskins)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Skins' defense is very average and because of that Seattle controls the ball for over 35 mins. with Beast and Turbin helping keep Morris and Griffin off the field. That's just the way Pete likies it. Hawks' defense bends some but also stops TD chances several times forcing FGs.

Hawks 27
Foreskins 16

Reg. season: 6-10
Playoffs: 0-0 :mrgreen:

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I haven't done one of these threads in awhile. I'll go with...

Seahawks: 106
Redskins: 3

gargantual

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":260hi9o5 said:
Skins' defense is very average and because of that Seattle controls the ball for over 35 mins. with Beast and Turbin helping keep Morris and Griffin off the field. That's just the way Pete likies it. Hawks' defense bends some but also stops TD chances several times forcing FGs.

Hawks 27
Foreskins 16
Average D? I thought it ranked 28th? Although maybe it has improved over the last part of the season, like our offense has (although I can't fathom it having improved anywhere CLOSE to the magnitude our O has).

I think it'll be real close, the ulcer inducing type of game we all really hate, only due to the unusually raucous crowd. I really hate predicting, due to a superstitious nature, but have to say:

Hawks 21
Racist-skins 20

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Russell Wilson leads yet another game-winning TD drive in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Seattle Seahawks 27
Washington Redskins 24

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Football Outsiders statistical percentages for team efficiency applied straight to points allowed and points scored for each team:

Seahawks 31
Redskins 13

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1zhemkga said:
Sarlacc83":1zhemkga said:
However, the Redskins don't have a secondary. We have a very, very good QB.

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

And Riggo's prediction based off 2011 is a bunch of hooey. That team had Tarvaris Jackson at QB. That team doesn't compare.

This team has RGIII, and Alfred Morris, a new receiving corps, and is playing at home. Dallas fans were going on about the same thing, how Romo was going to light up our secondary etc. He barely passed for 200 yards, with 3 INTs. I don't even think your secondary held him to such paltry numbers.
We generally call the 7 points the Cowboys scored a very paltry number.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think our offense matches up better against their defense than their O does against ours therefore.....

Hawks 24

Skins 17

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 24
RGIII's 24

That's right. A tie. Both teams combine to become the Washington Seaskins. Both fanbases commit massive suicide.

(what I really mean is the game is too close to call)

NYCoug

Reaction score
Funny story before my baseless prediction. Literally the first customer I served this week at my bar/restaurant was an old man and his 2 daughters. The old man was wearing a Redskins windbreaker jacket! I'm thinkin to myself, what are the odds?! So I go over to this guy and I'm trying to be a good sport and respect my elders, plus, one of his daughters was pretty hot and started things off by saying "I'll take a Modelo, I'm pretty easy", with a smile haha

So I tell the man, "as fate would have it, you're being served by one of the few Seahawks diehards born in NY." He just looks at me and laughs and goes "well, you guys are in a lot of trouble, you ain't no good on the road."

That was the moment... the moment I lost all respect for this man. I didn't even feel the need to defend myself, simply saying "If you guys in DC think this one's gonna be an easy game, you've got another thing coming. Russell Wilson and the Hawks are special. Probably the best team you've played all season." He answered back with some mumbo jumbo about playing the Ravens, how even if RGIII did get hurt by the Hawks D Kirk Cousins would come right in and light it up. So I stopped talking to the guy. As he's leaving he says "well, I won't wish you good luck." And walks right out. Pretty funny but still indicative of how a lot of Redskins fans view this game and the threat of the Seahawks in general.

With that being said... This game reminds me a lot of 2010, when the Packers (a similarly built, young team with little playoff experience at the time) went up against dual-threat QB Michael Vick on the road in Philly. The Packers used a tough, hard fought game to propel them to the Super Bowl and ultimately to win it all.

Everyone pointing to the fact that this is a young team and that they're worried about the Hawks coming out tight need to realize that the same can be said about Washington. Having said that, I think both teams come out of the gate a little tight. I'm expecting RGIII to have the more gaudy passing numbers in terms of yardage and probably rushing numbers as well, but Russell Wilson will be more efficient and accurate. Late in the game I think RGIII throws a pick to seal the deal for the Hawks in an intense game. The Seahawks get the playoff road monkey off of their backs...

Seahawks 21
Redskins 16

hawker84

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1hs1b3vi said:
Sarlacc83":1hs1b3vi said:
However, the Redskins don't have a secondary. We have a very, very good QB.

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

And Riggo's prediction based off 2011 is a bunch of hooey. That team had Tarvaris Jackson at QB. That team doesn't compare.

This team has RGIII, and Alfred Morris, a new receiving corps, and is playing at home. Dallas fans were going on about the same thing, how Romo was going to light up our secondary etc. He barely passed for 200 yards, with 3 INTs. I don't even think your secondary held him to such paltry numbers.

tell you right now, you need to stop with the Dallas talk, we crushed Dallas at home, your team looked extremly mediocre against a bad Cowboys D and a even worse looking Tony Choko... so please just stop.. the team you are facing sunday is better than dallas in every facit and the comparison is not even close... you have no secondary, and if you're going to rush 5,6 guys every down, RW is going to screen you to death or simply out scramble an ancient London Fletcher.. Dallas made him look like Lawrence Taylor.. pittiful.. i have respect for the Skins, think you're a great team .. But Seattle is the better team top to bottom, and i wouldn't be counting on those road woes to kick in any time soon.. JMO
a competitive game Hawks - 27 Skins - 24

A

Anonymous

Seahawks: 24
Redskins: 13

I just have a good feeling about this one.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Very interesting matchup. Mobile QB's, zone-read, play-action, overrated receivers, hard-to-judge O-lines on both sides.

The clincher is our defense. It's the #1 scoring defense in the league, in case you haven't heard, and one of the few speedy and smart enough to dismantle a mobile QB with the read-option (Newton had his worst day of the year against us and Kaepernick didn't have fun either). Their pass defense? Hemorrhages passing touchdowns.

RG3 gets some heroics late and keeps the pass rush off him with his play-fakes; Brandon Browner will get burned, repeatedly. But it won't be enough. An Earl Thomas pick or two, from RG3 locking onto receivers, should be the difference.

Seahawks 34
Redskins 27

RTD: 8-8

kendog2639

Reaction score
I dont like the way this one is shaping up... Alfred Morris will run wild as will rg3!! Wilson struggles in the first half against their aggressive def putting us in a big whole... we try to make a run but fall short!!

Redskins 27- Hawks 20

Decimation

Reaction score
31-14 Seahawks
I expect our defense to maintain the game in points allowed. I mean, we are #1 in that category. Plus our offense has been clicking the past month.

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

Redskins win!! 31 - 27