Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Redskins)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gonna' be an epic game imo. I see a low scoring game, both teams trying to run the ball a lot. Hopefully I'm wrong and RW puts up a huge game throwing the ball.

Hawks 17-13

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have looked over this one a ton.

Russell is a touchdown machine in the red zone the 2nd half. Guess what? The Skins gave up the 2nd most TD passes in the league. And who gave up the least passing touchdowns? Hint, they wear blue.

Vegas has the total score at about 46 points. I like the over, because Russell is going to take advantage of that secondary. Deangelo Hall is going to lose his mind, Josh Wilson is going to be exposed for the middling cb he is, and our Tight ends are going to get two touchdowns. Morris is going to get some, he is good and our linebackers give up the middle a bit. But not too much. And don't forget the dude who has been ballin of late, the Real Mike Rob.

35-14, Seattle. Our secondary balls, Robert Griffen bawls, Russel Wilson is ballz, and Pete has big clangin balls. Rat face will turn red, Dan Snyder will poop hisself, and I am going to start watching the Rewind on the Falcons.

Record to date, 12-4

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This game scares the hell out of me only because I don't want the team to lose. I don't want to face the prospect.

The Redskins offense and the Seattle defense nullify each other to an extent, though, when faced with good defenses, Washington has scored about the season average for those teams.

However, the Redskins don't have a secondary. We have a very, very good QB.

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

And Riggo's prediction based off 2011 is a bunch of hooey. That team had Tarvaris Jackson at QB. That team doesn't compare.

drdiags

Reaction score
To the victor - another week of crap talking with opponent's fans
To the loser - A few days of taunts in general and weeks from bitter rivals.

Very little acknowledgement of the other team for why one's team lost and tons of griping about officials, some player or requests to blow up the team.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
My heart's scared to death about this one. I badly want to get the win, not only to advance in the playoffs, but to win that playoff game on the road and put all that nonsense to bed. This team, these players are better than that. They can win it on the road and deserve to with the season they've put up this year.

My head says we can win it. We're the better team. If it were at home, I'd be very, very confident of a huge win. As it's on the road, it's a giant test, but I'm in. I think they pass this one with flying colors!

31 Seahawks
20 Redskins

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1v8emla1 said:

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

And Riggo's prediction based off 2011 is a bunch of hooey. That team had Tarvaris Jackson at QB. That team doesn't compare.

This team has RGIII, and Alfred Morris, a new receiving corps, and is playing at home. Dallas fans were going on about the same thing, how Romo was going to light up our secondary etc. He barely passed for 200 yards, with 3 INTs. I don't even think your secondary held him to such paltry numbers.

Starrman44

Reaction score
37-28, 28-16 predictions above are pretty good. I'm feeling both of them.

I'm going to say 27-21 Hawks (3 TD's and a couple FG's for us, 3 scores for them - can't decide between 17 and 21 for a final tally).

Honestly, going into this week I kind of felt like it would be a 34-14 Hawks kind of game. The Redskins fans conviction in their team have swayed me a little bit.

Beginning of the week, my feeling was that we tend to do well against mobile QB's (we have really good speed and tend not to just try to pressure all the time). We also tend to do well against power backs (exception AP - who doesn't- and Frank Gore). I also firmly believe our Defense is quite a bit better than Washington's D.

I'm excited to see what out Defensive gameplan is against Washington.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":r82ikiok said:
Sarlacc83":r82ikiok said:

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

This team has RGIII, and Alfred Morris, a new receiving corps, and is playing at home. Dallas fans were going on about the same thing, how Romo was going to light up our secondary etc. He barely passed for 200 yards, with 3 INTs. I don't even think your secondary held him to such paltry numbers.

So then, yes, you admit that game has no bearing on this one. Thought so.

And yes, Romo's numbers were 'better'. But we held Dallas to 7 points AND everyone knows Romo chokes under pressure so we can't exactly give credit to your secondary for his general inability when the season is on the line. EDIT: Oh, and for those who don't know, Riggo is also misrepresenting the facts by neglecting to mention Romo's 2TDs (compared to 1 v. Seattle). Weasel.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
kmedic":3tiuisee said:
I think this game is close to the end. The problem is that the Hawks defense has yet to show us that they can stop a team on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. After some RW heroics, I envision us being up by 3-6 points with a few minutes left but end up losing after our defense crumbles in front of their home crowd. This is the one major weak link the Hawks have and I see it coming out once again in the playoffs (if not this week then certainly the following week). The Hawks have showed us a lot this season and we have much to be proud of but I feel we're gonna come up agonizingly short once again on the road.

Skins 23
Hawks 21

You, sir, have hit on the insecurity smoldering in the back of my gut. I fear we will do everything right to win this game, and still lose it. The blowout wins and the show in Buffalo have not blocked out the memories of Detroit and Miami. That said, I would love to see Wilson light up that weak Washington secondary.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to say something to PISS off Sherman more then he is. Although since this team stand as one and has each others back our secondary is going to make sure Russell Wilson comes out ahead in the turnover battle.The Skins WR's and RG3 wll remember which Amtrak train they boarded some time next Wednesday. Garcon and Moss are not built to take shots and be physical.

Next up first thing were gonna do is punch the Skins offense in the face and give them a bloody nose to set the tone for the game.

Wilson is gonna run or version and Lynch is going to eat time and yardage up.

My biggest concern is officials and if they allow them to play.

Bad field conditions will slow both teams down, but faster is still faster on bad fields.

Having watched Shanahan over the years in the playoffs he wants to run it first and foremost and have the QB manage, even with Elway thats how he won with Davis running and defense, yeah if they are down he will open up the airwaves but it's not his plan since he wants to play safe. If we get up early and force his hand to pass then this game could be a run away with the skins secondary suspect and ours will be waiting to bait him into mistakes.

28 to 17 Seahawks

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Not sure if I should keep picking Hawks to lose blowouts (0-4 when I do) or actually take a real stab at this.

Screw it.

24-10 Seahawks.

Garcon with a drop in a clutch spot like he's back in Indy and Sherm gets to ask RG3 if he's sad bro.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
Too Close for comfort. Field goal with 2 minutes left, then a defensive stop, probably an interception to win the game. I hope we win more convincingly.

Seahawks 27 - Skins 24

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Top to bottom we are better than the skins. Baring us going into this game tight or just over thinking things I feel we got this one. We just need to play solid, disciplined football and not try to get cute.

Hawks 28
Skins 17

QuahHawk

Reaction score
28-23

1st qtr- We jump out 14-0 early lead then go conservative and run, run, pass, punt.

2nd qtr- Redskins stick to their run game and make progress getting a TD and 2 FG's

Half 14-13 Hawks lead

3rd qtr- turnover on opening drive leads to redskins TD, hawk fan pulling their hair out now down 14-20
Wilson rebounds with a 80 yd drive converting 3 for 3 on 3rd downs and Throwing his 1st TD of the game
Hawks lead 21-20 and driving

4th qtr- back into conservative run mode but lynch breaks a big gainer inside the red-zone and Wilson passes for his 2nd TD putting hawks up 28-20.
RGIII responds with a bomb to Garcon and has the skins just outside the hawks 20 yd. with 9 min to play. On 3rd and 7 Clemons come up with a huge sack dropping Griffin for a 10 yd loss. Redskins opt for 48 yd fg. and it's good.
Offense only converts one first down before punting as hawk fans hold their breath that our defense can hold. With 5 min on the clock RGIII makes a few magical plays to keep his team alive as they are marching down the field, but opting not to slide he looses the ball and the hawks recover. Wilson and Lynch run the read option to perfection and convert two more 3rd and shorts before kneeling at the redskins 30 yd line.

Hawks win 28-23 in a nail bitter

Joey13091

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":2i4j84st said:
My first of these so go fearless or go home I guess.

Hawks win 27 - 23 in OT.

My heart is pounding just writing that scenario.

I don't think that score is possible in OT is it?

Never mind I'm an idiot. New rules it could be 20-20. Redskins get a FG and we score a TD.

Fisherhawk

Reaction score
The natural grass will slow down our defense some,I think mainly in the short range middle areas.I can see our players taking the wrong angle on tackles giving up some yards to the running back.They know this field a lot better than us.Our pass protection I think will do just fine.Just checked the weather report for DC and it says nothing but sun and in the 40's till game day,high 20's and dry at night.At least it won't be a muddy slopfest, unless they have the Miami ground crew with the sprinklers going off.Our D will match up against RGIII better than Redskins D vs Russel Wilson and our run game should be fine.I see the game being within a TD or fieldgoal at the end with the player matchups going in our favor.How good is their fieldgoal kicker?I don't anything about him,too lazy to look it up.

Hawks 27

Redskins 24

Edit:Just checked. FG kicker seems good hitting reliably.Likes at most in the forties,long of 50.