Russell Wilson on sound FX

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Ya great video that talk between him and Cable at the end was awesome to see.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
BlueTalon":314r6phz said:
For anyone who is interested in RGIII's counterpart video, here it is.

Listening to that one, you can hear the difference between RGIII and Wilson's understanding of the game. Wilson was pointing out things he saw on the field to Bevell and to his players; with RGIII it was the offensive coordinator doing it.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
VaporHawk":3neftxu7 said:
Can someone translate this gibberish?

Any Signal
Gun double right close
Halfback right
200 scat
Triple Slant
Thunder
on one
That means that if he makes any signal, he wants to audible to 3 slant routes from the WR's and for Marshawn to block his right side
Thunder and 200 scat, well you would have to know the playbook to know that. :mrgreen:

VaporHawk

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":16vsj26r said:
VaporHawk":16vsj26r said:
Can someone translate this gibberish?
That means that if he makes any signal, he wants to audible to 3 slant routes from the WR's and for Marshawn to block his right side
Thunder and 200 scat, well you would have to know the playbook to know that. :mrgreen:
You rock!

Shock2k

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1bpce4cz said:
For anyone who is interested in RGIII's counterpart video, here it is.

RGIII is a class act. Like that he called Alfred Morris the MVP. I also like the huzpah when he said "They know what play we're runnin'"

Not to instigate here, but a difference I saw was RGIII was listening and Russell was teaching. Though they just may not have shown that side of RGIII.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
I can't explain how happy this makes me feel.

I truly believe that the majority of Seahawk's fans have no idea how lucky we are to have Russell Wilson. Look at some of the absolute bums -- Mark Sanchez and Gabbert -- that play with no heart for the game and lack a pair of nuts. We are so lucky to have him, and I honestly can't wait to watch him for years to come.

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
That made me want to go out and accomplish something. very cool. thanks for the heads up on the video.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Former O line guy / radio football analyst here: I'll give it a whirl. I have no inside information and could be dead wrong. I'm also not looking at those specific plays on video for extra help so here we go.

Any Signal -> if they come across snap the ball; could also mean no automatic audible based on defensive alignment
Gun double right close -> shotgun depth, two receivers(could be tight ends) to right, close alignment
Halfback right -> line up to right of QB
200 scat -> route package, though scat in my old terminology was a running back curl out about 2-4 yards past LOS
Triple Slant -> face value says all 3 receivers (two right, single left) run slants
Thunder -> o line call, we used to have fire,cat, and a few others
on one -> Set...HUT *snap*
---
Shift to gun right right open -> Assume this play call is based on keeping previous personnel/alignment, right open could mean tight end on line of scrimmage
Fullback right -> could be lined up next to him in the gun or at line of scrimmage next to TE, this shift ^^ could move him
18 stag -> I don't remember if Bevell's system uses the the 1-9 route numbering system but this is a route call. I would think a stag might be a kind of option route with a comeback option.
Now remember one technique three technique -> line call
---
I left west - formation. Normally in I left or I right that's the alignment of a TE, here I think it may be the fullback's location.
19 double four - route package, see note before
second cover - line call possibly, for read option

---------
Has anyone else here ever created a playbook? It's hard as hell to get all the layers into something coherent sounding...

seadoc

Reaction score
Absolutely love it. Everyone's kind of said this in different ways, but RW looks like he's been here for years, no big deal. RG3 kind of looks like he's beyond happy to be here. RG3's joking around in the huddle ("oh, you want the play?"). Obviously to say nothing of his skill, but there's just a major difference in attitudes.

thehands816

Reaction score
I don't understand how he has NOT been voted a Captain of this team. I'm sure he will be next year, but I still don't see how he isn't already.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
"Let's be special"....heck, he's already special.

Great find and thanks for posting.

themunn

Reaction score
I watched both videos before I went to work this morning and came away impressed with RGIII - he's a real leader of that team despite being a rookie

But Wilson is simply a real leader of that team - this might be his first year in the league but he is NOT a rookie

lobohawk

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see where things are for him next year. While at NC State, he was playing baseball, football, and school work. Then he's at Wisconsin (mid-late summer) with football and school.

Now he's in the NFL with nothing else to compete with his time like in previous years. Between that and the level of resources available to him, who knows what kind of jump his performance will take.

AVL

Reaction score
thehands816":gwlvs6kv said:
I don't understand how he has NOT been voted a Captain of this team. I'm sure he will be next year, but I still don't see how he isn't already.

I was thinking he might be named captain this week so he would flip the coin with Griffin.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Here is what pissed me off about that video:
A few weeks back Mariucci asked Wilson for a play call, and Wilson turned him down because it wouldn't be cool to give the defense any edge.

And then the NFLN mics the guy and gives away not only goal line play call, but an option play call.