PTI today

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
PTI today
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm
  • Did anyone catch the discussion on PTI today? They were discussing the Seattle Washington game. I was wondering if Kornheiser gave our team a chance. I was at work and the volume was down
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Re: PTI today
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:21 pm
  • he did not.... show is garbage.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:21 pm
  • They both took Washington because in a playoff game, you dont typically bet on a rookie making his first playoff start on the road.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 pm
  • I think we win, better defense. Better offense, better special teams
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:27 pm
  • Essentially Kornhole said it's ridiculous that Vegas has the Seahawks as the favorites.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:28 pm
  • He is useless, glad Monday Night Football got rid of him
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:31 pm
  • They basically started off talking about which rookie QB was going to win in the playoffs Luck or RG3. Wilson wasn't even talked about until the very end at which point they didn't give him a chance to win.
    SeahawkFrost
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:32 pm
  • If you don't like it, why do you watch it? Just curious?
    Besides, Kornheiser has worked in DC sports coverge since 1979. What do you think he will say?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm
  • Aristotle22 wrote:I think we win, better defense. Better offense, better special teams

You dont have a better offense. Its a good offense, but it isnt better. We run it better, we pass it better, we gain more yards and we score more points. We run for a higher yards per carry average and yards per pass attempt and lead the NFL in yards per play. Both passing games are in the lower half of the NFL, but we are ranked 20 to your 27. We've commited fewer turnovers on offense. The only thing you guys beat us on is TOP, but the difference is negligable.

the defense is no contest in your favor. We do know how to take the ball away though.

Dont know about your special teams so I wont comment.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm
  • Kornheiser I believe is a Redskins season ticket holder.

Best show on tv by a mile, imo.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:46 pm
  • Mysterious stat of the day...

Seahawks rank 27th in passing, but QB ties record for passing TDs...you can't explain that. It's a miracle.
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Kornheiser I believe is a Redskins season ticket holder.

Best show on tv by a mile, imo.

Yea Tony is a big time Redskins fan
    Mike is a bears fan.

Tony is a homer so take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

It's funny cause he is a native New Yorker so he loves the Yanks and Knicks but he's been a reporter for the WaPo for like 30 years. I guess he just grew to be a Redskins fan.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:08 pm
  • rdskns4eva wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:I think we win, better defense. Better offense, better special teams

You dont have a better offense. Its a good offense, but it isnt better. We run it better, we pass it better, we gain more yards and we score more points. We run for a higher yards per carry average and yards per pass attempt and lead the NFL in yards per play. Both passing games are in the lower half of the NFL, but we are ranked 20 to your 27. We've commited fewer turnovers on offense. The only thing you guys beat us on is TOP, but the difference is negligable.

the defense is no contest in your favor. We do know how to take the ball away though.

Let me ask you a simple question: If we played the same weak ass opponents as you, what do you think our stats would be?

If you think Alfred Morris is anywhere near the talent level of Marshawn Lynch, you are delusional and high. Oh, and how is the Redskin's defense anywhere near comparable to the 'Hawks?
    Last edited by bigdaddydave on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 pm
  • bigdaddydave wrote:
    rdskns4eva wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:I think we win, better defense. Better offense, better special teams

the defense is no contest in your favor. We do know how to ta
    ke the ball away though.

Let me ask you a simple question: If we played the same weak ass opponents as you, what do you think our stats would be?

If you think Alfred Morris is anywhere near the talent level of Marshawn Lynch, you are delusional and high. Oh, and how is the Redskins defense is anywhere near comparable to the 'Hawks?

^yup
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 pm
  • bigdaddydave wrote:
    rdskns4eva wrote:

If you think Alfred Morris is anywhere near the talent level of Marshawn Lynch, you are delusional and high. Oh, and how is the Redskin's defense anywhere near comparable to the 'Hawks?

To be fair, he said D was NO CONTEST. We clearly have the better D.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:15 pm
  • My apologies. I did not see that he said defense was no contest -- I take that back.
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:35 pm
  • bigdaddydave wrote:
    rdskns4eva wrote:

We'll I just got schooled in this today by some of your fans I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. According to Football outsiders, you guys have a better offense than us, being ranked at 4 and us a 6 but it's not as consistent as our offence based on the variance stat where we rank 5 and you rank 16. But I guess you have a high Variance because early in the year, your offense wasnt as good as it was end of year, whereas our offense has been pretty steady all year, for the most part , and you've had to deal with a much tougher DEFENSIVE schedule than the Redskins.

And no, I do not think that Morris is more tallented than Skittles man, but in this scheme, he can put up big numbers.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm
  • Since week 8, Wilson has been the 2nd best road QB in the NFL. I totally get doubting Seattle on the road, just not because of #3.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:54 pm
  • Nice avatar SeahawkFrost. I'm sure you said something worth reading in your post but my eyes were unable to read it due to being distracted.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:56 pm
  • It wasn't that the offense weren't very good earlier. It was that it was deliberately playing extremely conservative. Run, run, run, punt - win field position game minimize turnovers. We expected to make the playoffs an knew we could lean on the defense so we played tight. Simply a different philosophy that numbers don't show n
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:00 pm
  • Fair enough, but Im assuming that high variance was because RW wasnt ready to go full speed yet? At least thats the impression I got from Coach Carrol. I could be wrong though.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 pm
  • rdskns4eva wrote:Fair enough, but Im assuming that high variance was because RW wasnt ready to go full speed yet? At least thats the impression I got from Coach Carrol. I could be wrong though.

Probably at least partially, but I doubt that's entirely the case. Remember that Wilson had to split about a third of preseason snaps and practice with two other quarterbacks. When he was drafted, he started out third on the depth chart. Not many third string NFL quarterbacks get a lot of snaps at all. Once he did get the snaps, he impressed enough to get some more, and by the end of preseason, he was finally getting the lion's share of them. But it wasn't until then that he even got that much, unlike the other starting rookies who were anointed starters from day one.

He may not have been fully up to speed with all the plays and calls, but a lot of us have the sneaky suspicion that he could have had the governor taken off a lot earlier than it was and he'd have been just fine. In fact, a lot of us were calling for them to let him play full out before they did because we saw it in his play on the field.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm
  • In addition to the above I think they were worried about running him. Note that the read option wasn't really started until the Chicago game. So yes RW needed time but the coaches also needed time for the comfort factor.

Personally I expect to see a hurry-up read option and pistol formation offense at least for a few series against the redskins. I would hope we wait until second half so if game isn't close then we save it for next game.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 pm
  • Ok, I just watched the full segment...The one I watched earlier was the Post PTI segment. This is the recap for you guys that wanted to see what they said:

The question was: Should the Hawks be favored by 3 on the road.

Tony:
    -No, its bogus
    -Washington has won 7 in a row and is playing at home
    -Seattle is 10-6, They didnt beat Green Bay, They are the reason the replacement refs got fired.
    -Seattle is not a good road team and is 3-5 on the road and RW (who he called a lovely QB lol), has thrown 8 int of the road and has only thown 9 of his 26 TD's on the road (Wilbon agreed)

Wlbon:
    -Called Tony a homer (Tony is a known Redskins fan so year, he is a homer. Wilbon is a bears fan)
    -The game agaisnt Buffalo when they hung 50 was at a neutral site, not in Buffalo
    -Seattles did have an impressive road game was against Chicago, when Chicago was playing well
    -This should be the NFC Champ game because right now these are the two best/hottest teams in the NFC
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 pm
  • Erebus wrote:Nice avatar SeahawkFrost. I'm sure you said something worth reading in your post but my eyes were unable to read it due to being distracted.

I know right. I starred at that for at least 3 minutes
    seahawkfreak
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 pm
  • Oh well, we may be hot, but like most pundits have said we are somewhat questionable on the road still.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:11 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:If you don't like it, why do you watch it? Just curious?
    Besides, Kornheiser has worked in DC sports coverge since 1979. What do you think he will say?

Very True.

Sando is somewhat like our version of Kornheiser 'cept Sando doesnt have a nationally televised sports show.

Personally i cant stand Kornheiser. I used to like him before i really noticed how much of a horse's backside he was.
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 am
  • cesame wrote:Essentially Kornhole said it's ridiculous that Vegas has the Seahawks as the favorites.

Vegas is right more than any prognosticator.........that's what pays for all those blinky lights and marble bathtubs.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information