PTI today

mikeak

Reaction score
It wasn't that the offense weren't very good earlier. It was that it was deliberately playing extremely conservative. Run, run, run, punt - win field position game minimize turnovers. We expected to make the playoffs an knew we could lean on the defense so we played tight. Simply a different philosophy that numbers don't show n

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Fair enough, but Im assuming that high variance was because RW wasnt ready to go full speed yet? At least thats the impression I got from Coach Carrol. I could be wrong though.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
rdskns4eva":1h5tbf8i said:
Fair enough, but Im assuming that high variance was because RW wasnt ready to go full speed yet? At least thats the impression I got from Coach Carrol. I could be wrong though.

Probably at least partially, but I doubt that's entirely the case. Remember that Wilson had to split about a third of preseason snaps and practice with two other quarterbacks. When he was drafted, he started out third on the depth chart. Not many third string NFL quarterbacks get a lot of snaps at all. Once he did get the snaps, he impressed enough to get some more, and by the end of preseason, he was finally getting the lion's share of them. But it wasn't until then that he even got that much, unlike the other starting rookies who were anointed starters from day one.

He may not have been fully up to speed with all the plays and calls, but a lot of us have the sneaky suspicion that he could have had the governor taken off a lot earlier than it was and he'd have been just fine. In fact, a lot of us were calling for them to let him play full out before they did because we saw it in his play on the field.

mikeak

Reaction score
In addition to the above I think they were worried about running him. Note that the read option wasn't really started until the Chicago game. So yes RW needed time but the coaches also needed time for the comfort factor.

Personally I expect to see a hurry-up read option and pistol formation offense at least for a few series against the redskins. I would hope we wait until second half so if game isn't close then we save it for next game.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Ok, I just watched the full segment...The one I watched earlier was the Post PTI segment. This is the recap for you guys that wanted to see what they said:

The question was: Should the Hawks be favored by 3 on the road.

Tony:
-No, its bogus
-Washington has won 7 in a row and is playing at home
-Seattle is 10-6, They didnt beat Green Bay, They are the reason the replacement refs got fired.
-Seattle is not a good road team and is 3-5 on the road and RW (who he called a lovely QB lol), has thrown 8 int of the road and has only thown 9 of his 26 TD's on the road (Wilbon agreed)

Wlbon:
-Called Tony a homer (Tony is a known Redskins fan so year, he is a homer. Wilbon is a bears fan)
-The game agaisnt Buffalo when they hung 50 was at a neutral site, not in Buffalo
-Seattles did have an impressive road game was against Chicago, when Chicago was playing well
-This should be the NFC Champ game because right now these are the two best/hottest teams in the NFC

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Erebus":2yuxk6r8 said:
Nice avatar SeahawkFrost. I'm sure you said something worth reading in your post but my eyes were unable to read it due to being distracted.

I know right. I starred at that for at least 3 minutes

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Oh well, we may be hot, but like most pundits have said we are somewhat questionable on the road still.

tubbs51

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1biv70zo said:
If you don't like it, why do you watch it? Just curious?
Besides, Kornheiser has worked in DC sports coverge since 1979. What do you think he will say?
Very True.

Sando is somewhat like our version of Kornheiser 'cept Sando doesnt have a nationally televised sports show.

Personally i cant stand Kornheiser. I used to like him before i really noticed how much of a horse's backside he was.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
cesame":11ke7j18 said:
Essentially Kornhole said it's ridiculous that Vegas has the Seahawks as the favorites.

Vegas is right more than any prognosticator.........that's what pays for all those blinky lights and marble bathtubs.