Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Redskins)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • In honor of my unwavering bravado this week, I'll keep this short and sweet.

The Redskins have yet to play a team as complete and talented as the Seahawks.

RGIII is a special player. Redskins fans have a lot to cheer about. However, so do Seahawks fans. Say hello to the Great Equalizer, Russell Wilson.

Seahawks win fairly convincingly.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Redskins 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-5

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Awfully close to mine. Seahawks 31, Redskins 20.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• 31-10 Seahawks win. 7 of WAS 10 comes in garbage time. Russell Wilson throws for 3TD's
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Hawks - 34
    skins - 17
    lacenterhawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• 'Hawks 45
    'Skins 13
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I think this game is close to the end. The problem is that the Hawks defense has yet to show us that they can stop a team on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. After some RW heroics, I envision us being up by 3-6 points with a few minutes left but end up losing after our defense crumbles in front of their home crowd. This is the one major weak link the Hawks have and I see it coming out once again in the playoffs (if not this week then certainly the following week). The Hawks have showed us a lot this season and we have much to be proud of but I feel we're gonna come up agonizingly short once again on the road.

Skins 23
    Hawks 21
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• 24-16 Hawks.
    We play focused and razor sharp after a nervous/adreneline filled first qtr. Redskins score a td early but fade. Games not as close as the score.
    jhball
    NET Rookie

• Skins 23
    Seahawks 17

If we can do it in Seattle we can do it here.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Skins 23
    Seahawks 17

You mean last season...? We are a totally different team....as you guys are -- has no bearing.

We do seem to have your number in the post-season, however - although this time we have to do it in your house.

Alas, I think we pull out a close one:

Seahawks 24, Redskins 20
    Last edited by FlyingGreg on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Skins 31
    Hawks 24
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Seahawks 17

Are you referring to last season's win in Seattle? Cuz that was two entirely different teams with different QB's. Throw that out the window...

If this week's game was in Seattle you would have NO chance of winning. However, as you can see from my prediction above, I'm giving you the game because of our inability to stop teams in the 4th quarter on the road in close games. And I would have said the same if the team we were playing were any of the other playoff teams.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• kmedic wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Skins 23
    Seahawks 17

Are you referring to last season's win in Seattle? Cuz that was two entirely different teams with different QB's. Throw that out the window...

If this week's game was in Seattle you would have NO chance of winning. However, as you can see from my prediction above, I'm giving you the game because of our inability to stop teams in the 4th quarter on the road in close games. And I would have said the same if the team we were playing were any of the other playoff teams.

NO chance? Are you kidding? We put up 450 yards with Rex Grossman and Roy Helu. With our offense, we ALWAYS have a chance. Agreed that two different teams with different QBs - but your vaunted secondary was much the same personnel-wise. Your D has improved but so has our offense. Also, having a run game such as ours negates alot of the effect of having to pass constantly under the crowd noise

I agree this game isn't going to be easy, and I'd give Seattle the edge if they were at home. However, I feel this team is going to take offense at being underdogs at home, and play as such. We are also one of the few pure grass fields left in the NFL - so while our crowd noise might not be what you produce...we tend to play faster than other teams while on our turf due to our experience on this surface.
    Last edited by RiggoReincarnated on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Haven't won a road playoff game in 30 years.. that changes Sunday.

Seahawks 24
    Redskins 14
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Seahawks 17

:lol:

There are many reasons to believe in your Redskins.. a 2011 win is not one of them.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    kmedic wrote:
    Seahawks 17

NO chance? Are you kidding? We put up 450 yards with Rex Grossman and Roy Helu. With our offense, we ALWAYS have a chance. Agreed that two different teams with different QBs - but your vaunted secondary was much the same.
    Also, having a run game such as ours negates alot of the effect of having to pass constantly.

I agree this game isn't going to be easy, and I'd give Seattle the edge if they were at home. However, I feel this team is going to take offense at being underdogs at home, and play as such. We are also one of the only pure grass fields left in the NFL - so while our crowd noise might not be what you produce...we tend to play faster than other teams while on our turf due to our experience on this surface.

Not trying to refute or accept your opinion, but another thing that's different from last season is our LB's are a lot faster. Last season we had David Hawthorne and Leroy Hill, this season Malcolm Smith and Bobby Wagner (both 4.4 guys), big reason for the improvement in defense.

Carry on.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Seattle Seahawks 27
    Washington Redskins 17

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

kmedic wrote:
    Seahawks 17

NO chance? Are you kidding? We put up 450 yards with Rex Grossman and Roy Helu. With our offense, we ALWAYS have a chance. Agreed that two different teams with different QBs - but your vaunted secondary was much the same personnel-wise. Your D has improved but so has our offense. Also, having a run game such as ours negates alot of the effect of having to pass constantly under the crowd noise

I agree this game isn't going to be easy, and I'd give Seattle the edge if they were at home. However, I feel this team is going to take offense at being underdogs at home, and play as such. We are also one of the few pure grass fields left in the NFL - so while our crowd noise might not be what you produce...we tend to play faster than other teams while on our turf due to our experience on this surface.

Yeah, no chance in Seattle. Last time I checked we were 8-0 this season, against SF, Minn, GB, and NE. I'd give you zero chance of winning a playoff game in Seattle this year and there's nothing you could argue to make me change that thought. And I'd bet a whole lot of money that all the national pundits and media would have the same opinion.

In Washington though, meh, a little different....
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks are playing better on the road right now. St. Louis and the Cardinals were higher rated defenses. Most points scored on us by a top 5 defense away was 13(SF)... (NOTE: I'm DEFINATELY NOT skewing bunch of stats in my favor to come up with the absolute bigest win margin I could expect, definately not.)

SEA 50
    WAS 12 (4 FG's)
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:In honor of my unwavering bravado this week, I'll keep this short and sweet.

The Redskins have yet to play a team as complete and talented as the Seahawks.

RGIII is a special player. Redskins fans have a lot to cheer about. However, so do Seahawks fans. Say hello to the Great Equalizer, Russell Wilson.

Seahawks win fairly convincingly.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Redskins 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-5

Is this one of those games that the score doesnt reflect what actually happened? Like the forskins rally for a fg and a td in garbage time? Why do all of my sentences end with a question mark?
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• I'm not sure how I feel about this game, because I don't know how well we will fare against their run. I'm not totally sold on our Run D right now - we haven't needed to use it much lately because we've scored so many damn points that teams have to throw against us. This game just gives the "that game" feeling for the Hawks and I'm not terribly confident that things will go our way. Shanny is the best coach we've seen since NE, and RG3 is the best QB we've seen since Cutler, and has an extra trick up his sleeve with his legs.

This will be a huge test for us - the best team we've played on the road since SF. If our D doesn't get gashed by Morris and we protect Wilson better than last week, we should be ok. But if they control the ball and we have protection trouble, that is when we see things go wrong for us. I don't expect our pass rush to put much pressure on RG3, so our secondary better be up to the task.

This one, imo, will come down to one or two turnovers.

Skins - 20
    Hawks - 17
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Gonna' be an epic game imo. I see a low scoring game, both teams trying to run the ball a lot. Hopefully I'm wrong and RW puts up a huge game throwing the ball.

Hawks 17-13
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I have looked over this one a ton.

Russell is a touchdown machine in the red zone the 2nd half. Guess what? The Skins gave up the 2nd most TD passes in the league. And who gave up the least passing touchdowns? Hint, they wear blue.

Vegas has the total score at about 46 points. I like the over, because Russell is going to take advantage of that secondary. Deangelo Hall is going to lose his mind, Josh Wilson is going to be exposed for the middling cb he is, and our Tight ends are going to get two touchdowns. Morris is going to get some, he is good and our linebackers give up the middle a bit. But not too much. And don't forget the dude who has been ballin of late, the Real Mike Rob.

35-14, Seattle. Our secondary balls, Robert Griffen bawls, Russel Wilson is ballz, and Pete has big clangin balls. Rat face will turn red, Dan Snyder will poop hisself, and I am going to start watching the Rewind on the Falcons.

Record to date, 12-4
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Seahawks 37 Redskins 28
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• This game scares the hell out of me only because I don't want the team to lose. I don't want to face the prospect.

The Redskins offense and the Seattle defense nullify each other to an extent, though, when faced with good defenses, Washington has scored about the season average for those teams.

However, the Redskins don't have a secondary. We have a very, very good QB.

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

And Riggo's prediction based off 2011 is a bunch of hooey. That team had Tarvaris Jackson at QB. That team doesn't compare.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• To the victor - another week of crap talking with opponent's fans
    To the loser - A few days of taunts in general and weeks from bitter rivals.

Very little acknowledgement of the other team for why one's team lost and tons of griping about officials, some player or requests to blow up the team.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• My heart's scared to death about this one. I badly want to get the win, not only to advance in the playoffs, but to win that playoff game on the road and put all that nonsense to bed. This team, these players are better than that. They can win it on the road and deserve to with the season they've put up this year.

My head says we can win it. We're the better team. If it were at home, I'd be very, very confident of a huge win. As it's on the road, it's a giant test, but I'm in. I think they pass this one with flying colors!

31 Seahawks
    20 Redskins
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

And Riggo's prediction based off 2011 is a bunch of hooey. That team had Tarvaris Jackson at QB. That team doesn't compare.

This team has RGIII, and Alfred Morris, a new receiving corps, and is playing at home. Dallas fans were going on about the same thing, how Romo was going to light up our secondary etc. He barely passed for 200 yards, with 3 INTs. I don't even think your secondary held him to such paltry numbers.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• 37-28, 28-16 predictions above are pretty good. I'm feeling both of them.

I'm going to say 27-21 Hawks (3 TD's and a couple FG's for us, 3 scores for them - can't decide between 17 and 21 for a final tally).

Honestly, going into this week I kind of felt like it would be a 34-14 Hawks kind of game. The Redskins fans conviction in their team have swayed me a little bit.

Beginning of the week, my feeling was that we tend to do well against mobile QB's (we have really good speed and tend not to just try to pressure all the time). We also tend to do well against power backs (exception AP - who doesn't- and Frank Gore). I also firmly believe our Defense is quite a bit better than Washington's D.

I'm excited to see what out Defensive gameplan is against Washington.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Sarlacc83 wrote:

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

This team has RGIII, and Alfred Morris, a new receiving corps, and is playing at home. Dallas fans were going on about the same thing, how Romo was going to light up our secondary etc. He barely passed for 200 yards, with 3 INTs. I don't even think your secondary held him to such paltry numbers.

So then, yes, you admit that game has no bearing on this one. Thought so.

And yes, Romo's numbers were 'better'. But we held Dallas to 7 points AND everyone knows Romo chokes under pressure so we can't exactly give credit to your secondary for his general inability when the season is on the line. EDIT: Oh, and for those who don't know, Riggo is also misrepresenting the facts by neglecting to mention Romo's 2TDs (compared to 1 v. Seattle). Weasel.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• kmedic wrote:I think this game is close to the end. The problem is that the Hawks defense has yet to show us that they can stop a team on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. After some RW heroics, I envision us being up by 3-6 points with a few minutes left but end up losing after our defense crumbles in front of their home crowd. This is the one major weak link the Hawks have and I see it coming out once again in the playoffs (if not this week then certainly the following week). The Hawks have showed us a lot this season and we have much to be proud of but I feel we're gonna come up agonizingly short once again on the road.

Skins 23
    Hawks 21

You, sir, have hit on the insecurity smoldering in the back of my gut. I fear we will do everything right to win this game, and still lose it. The blowout wins and the show in Buffalo have not blocked out the memories of Detroit and Miami. That said, I would love to see Wilson light up that weak Washington secondary.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm waiting for someone to say something to PISS off Sherman more then he is. Although since this team stand as one and has each others back our secondary is going to make sure Russell Wilson comes out ahead in the turnover battle.The Skins WR's and RG3 wll remember which Amtrak train they boarded some time next Wednesday. Garcon and Moss are not built to take shots and be physical.

Next up first thing were gonna do is punch the Skins offense in the face and give them a bloody nose to set the tone for the game.

Wilson is gonna run or version and Lynch is going to eat time and yardage up.

My biggest concern is officials and if they allow them to play.

Bad field conditions will slow both teams down, but faster is still faster on bad fields.

Having watched Shanahan over the years in the playoffs he wants to run it first and foremost and have the QB manage, even with Elway thats how he won with Davis running and defense, yeah if they are down he will open up the airwaves but it's not his plan since he wants to play safe. If we get up early and force his hand to pass then this game could be a run away with the skins secondary suspect and ours will be waiting to bait him into mistakes.

28 to 17 Seahawks

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Not sure if I should keep picking Hawks to lose blowouts (0-4 when I do) or actually take a real stab at this.

Screw it.

24-10 Seahawks.

Garcon with a drop in a clutch spot like he's back in Indy and Sherm gets to ask RG3 if he's sad bro.
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I think that Pete will have several new plays and a few "tricks" up his sleeve.

Bottom line......Hawks 20 Skins 17
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Too Close for comfort. Field goal with 2 minutes left, then a defensive stop, probably an interception to win the game. I hope we win more convincingly.

Seahawks 27 - Skins 24
    OlyHawk
    NET Rookie

• Top to bottom we are better than the skins. Baring us going into this game tight or just over thinking things I feel we got this one. We just need to play solid, disciplined football and not try to get cute.

Hawks 28
    Skins 17
    HawkGANG
    NET Rookie

• 28-23

1st qtr- We jump out 14-0 early lead then go conservative and run, run, pass, punt.

2nd qtr- Redskins stick to their run game and make progress getting a TD and 2 FG's

Half 14-13 Hawks lead

3rd qtr- turnover on opening drive leads to redskins TD, hawk fan pulling their hair out now down 14-20
    Wilson rebounds with a 80 yd drive converting 3 for 3 on 3rd downs and Throwing his 1st TD of the game
    Hawks lead 21-20 and driving

4th qtr- back into conservative run mode but lynch breaks a big gainer inside the red-zone and Wilson passes for his 2nd TD putting hawks up 28-20.
    RGIII responds with a bomb to Garcon and has the skins just outside the hawks 20 yd. with 9 min to play. On 3rd and 7 Clemons come up with a huge sack dropping Griffin for a 10 yd loss. Redskins opt for 48 yd fg. and it's good.
    Offense only converts one first down before punting as hawk fans hold their breath that our defense can hold. With 5 min on the clock RGIII makes a few magical plays to keep his team alive as they are marching down the field, but opting not to slide he looses the ball and the hawks recover. Wilson and Lynch run the read option to perfection and convert two more 3rd and shorts before kneeling at the redskins 30 yd line.

Hawks win 28-23 in a nail bitter
    Last edited by Wenhawk on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• My first of these so go fearless or go home I guess.

Hawks win 27 - 23 in OT.

My heart is pounding just writing that scenario.
    EmbattleTheeHawks
    NET Practice Squad

• EmbattleTheeHawks wrote:My first of these so go fearless or go home I guess.

Hawks win 27 - 23 in OT.

My heart is pounding just writing that scenario.

I don't think that score is possible in OT is it?

Never mind I'm an idiot. New rules it could be 20-20. Redskins get a FG and we score a TD.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• The natural grass will slow down our defense some,I think mainly in the short range middle areas.I can see our players taking the wrong angle on tackles giving up some yards to the running back.They know this field a lot better than us.Our pass protection I think will do just fine.Just checked the weather report for DC and it says nothing but sun and in the 40's till game day,high 20's and dry at night.At least it won't be a muddy slopfest, unless they have the Miami ground crew with the sprinklers going off.Our D will match up against RGIII better than Redskins D vs Russel Wilson and our run game should be fine.I see the game being within a TD or fieldgoal at the end with the player matchups going in our favor.How good is their fieldgoal kicker?I don't anything about him,too lazy to look it up.

Hawks 27

Redskins 24

Edit:Just checked. FG kicker seems good hitting reliably.Likes at most in the forties,long of 50.
    Last edited by Fisherhawk on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Fisherhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• 31-20, Seahawks.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Skins' defense is very average and because of that Seattle controls the ball for over 35 mins. with Beast and Turbin helping keep Morris and Griffin off the field. That's just the way Pete likies it. Hawks' defense bends some but also stops TD chances several times forcing FGs.

Hawks 27
    Foreskins 16

Reg. season: 6-10
    Playoffs: 0-0 :mrgreen:
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• 51-17 Seahawks

They have a porous pass defense.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Redskins expose themselves...Seattle 42-17 :mrgreen:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• I haven't done one of these threads in awhile. I'll go with...

Seahawks: 106
    Redskins: 3
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Skins' defense is very average and because of that Seattle controls the ball for over 35 mins. with Beast and Turbin helping keep Morris and Griffin off the field. That's just the way Pete likies it. Hawks' defense bends some but also stops TD chances several times forcing FGs.

Hawks 27
    Foreskins 16

Average D? I thought it ranked 28th? Although maybe it has improved over the last part of the season, like our offense has (although I can't fathom it having improved anywhere CLOSE to the magnitude our O has).

I think it'll be real close, the ulcer inducing type of game we all really hate, only due to the unusually raucous crowd. I really hate predicting, due to a superstitious nature, but have to say:

Hawks 21
    Racist-skins 20
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Russell Wilson leads yet another game-winning TD drive in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Seattle Seahawks 27
    Washington Redskins 24
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• 23-20 Hawks

4-4
    scifly
    NET Practice Squad

• Football Outsiders statistical percentages for team efficiency applied straight to points allowed and points scored for each team:

Seahawks 31
    Redskins 13
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sarlacc83 wrote:

Seattle 28 Redskins 16

We generally call the 7 points the Cowboys scored a very paltry number.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I think our offense matches up better against their defense than their O does against ours therefore.....

Hawks 24

Skins 17

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Next

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information