Host NFC championship game

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Host NFC championship game
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:26 pm
  • Vikings win two, we win two.we host NFC Championship. Hello Superdome
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Re: Host NFC championship game
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:31 pm
  • Vikings gotta get it done! As a former sports analyst, I can see a lot of ways they can capture that win. Although it's tough to win back-to-back against the same team.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 pm
  • Someone should monitor this.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:36 pm
  • It is that much more sweet because it means we spanked the 9ers in San Fran to get to that game.
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:44 pm
  • The Seahawks just need to win their next game, every week...

How sweet would it be if the Vikes squeezed out a couple themselves? Fricking priceless.

Seattle would be like turbocharged.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:Someone should monitor this.

Indeed.

And closely, at that.

I guess I will be.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:55 am
  • I would SOOOOOO love to see this happen. The rest of the world however, would not. The NFL and FOX would be especially despondent over it.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:I would SOOOOOO love to see this happen. The rest of the world however, would not. The NFL and FOX would be especially despondent over it.

The two smallest market teams in the NFC going to the NFCCG. Wont happen, NFL wont allow it. Too much money to be made around this time, the fix will be in. I can see one of them being allowed in, but if we both go into the divisional round, NFL will make a call and make sure one of us loses.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 am
  • Cartire wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:I would SOOOOOO love to see this happen. The rest of the world however, would not. The NFL and FOX would be especially despondent over it.

The two smallest market teams in the NFC going to the NFCCG. Wont happen, Christian Ponder wont allow it. Too much money to be made around this time, the fix will be in. I can see one of them being allowed in, but if we both go into the divisional round, NFL will make a call and make sure one of us loses.

FIFY

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:08 am
  • it's not out of the realm of possibility.

The vikings have proven they can beat the packers when the packers are playing with seeding on the line.

Everyone talks about the GB home field and the cold and conditions as if the Packers are somehow better equipped for it than any other team - sorry, they are all dudes who grew up in various parts of the country, playing a couple seasons in GB isn't going to suddenly turn them into arctic explorers sitting naked in a tub of ice like it's nothin.

From there, all bets are off. The Vikings would play the Falcons, whom are 29th in the league giving up 4.8 yards per rush. Peterson could have a big game. By then Winfield's broken hand might be up to the task of taking on those ATL recievers.

Seattle on the other hand figured out SF this past game. I'm not saying it would be easy but we could beat the Niners in SF. I'm sure Russell Wilson and those receivers would love to redeem that Thursday night performance.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 am
  • Obviously anything can happen, but I don't have a lot of faith in Ponder going into Green Bay and winning. AP is the man, so if he has a monster game which means keeping Rodgers off the field then sure the Vikings can pull it off.

But IMO we're getting ahead of ourselves. Not as far ahead as the guy wondering if RW would make a good head coach in 15 years, but close.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:10 pm
  • Lets remember we are focusing on Redskins this week. Lets talk about other games as they come up.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:13 pm
  • Nevermind the fact that the 5 & 6 seed have NEVER faced off in an NFC championship game.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:47 am
  • Cartire wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:I would SOOOOOO love to see this happen. The rest of the world however, would not. The NFL and FOX would be especially despondent over it.

The two smallest market teams in the NFC going to the NFCCG. Wont happen, NFL wont allow it. Too much money to be made around this time, the fix will be in. I can see one of them being allowed in, but if we both go into the divisional round, NFL will make a call and make sure one of us loses.

Yes.. yes.. see my avatar.
    seahawksflow
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:56 am
  • NFL.com reported this morning that the Green Bay Packers have been hit "hard" by the flu... it was the live show. Sort of sensationalized, though, because it's not a new issue this week... but, over the last few weeks. They just wanted a story for this game. But, Tramon Williams is the latest and didn't practice. here's a link with more info: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/185582081.html 20 degree weather night game while battling the flu? That could present some challenges.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm
  • NorCal wrote:Nevermind the fact that the 5 & 6 seed have NEVER faced off in an NFC championship game.

Doesn't mean it can't happen.

If the Seahawks got to host the NFC Championship game after the year they've already had plus two road playoff wins, can you imagine how insane the atmosphere at the CLink would be? Wow....
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information