Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ray Lewis retiring
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 am 
NET Veteran

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
This Sunday will likely be Ray Lewis' final game at M&T Bank Stadium.

Bunch of different sources are reporting on twitter that this is Ray Lewis' last year. I have always been a huge fan of his and he is definitely a future HOF. Nothing but respect for the guy!

Link from NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... itter_news

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Last edited by SeahawksFanForever on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis retiring
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:14 am 
* Report Button *

Ouch! That REALLY sucks. If true, they're my favorite for the AFC now.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

pehawk wrote:

Naw, he already has his Super Bowl ring and MVP.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:21 am 
NET Veteran

It would be kind of cool to see him work for ESPN or NFL network.

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:24 am 
NET Veteran

My favorite non-Seahawk for many years. He's the reason why the Ravens are my AFC team.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 am 
* Report Button *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
pehawk wrote:

Really? Have you watched him before? That doesnt satisfy him.

This REALLY sucks. Not only is he the GOAT defensively. Maybe on either side of the ball. The intangible leadership he brought will never be seen again. REALLY bummer news.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:30 am 
* NET Starfish *

pehawk wrote:
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
pehawk wrote:

Really? Have you watched him before? That doesnt satisfy him.

This REALLY sucks. Not only is he the GOAT defensively. Maybe on either side of the ball. The intangible leadership he brought will never be seen again. REALLY bummer news.

You really think he's the GOAT? Not LT?

I never really got to see LT, but I'd say in the time since I've been actively watching football, Lewis has been the best for sure. I just know a lot of people say LT is the GOAT because of how much he changed the game back then.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 am 
* Report Button *

You have to factor in how Ray Lewis's intangibles effected everything else. His will and desire is reflected in every Ravens player. Watching and listening Ray pregame or on the sideline would've inspired Superman to walk again. Plus, Ray Ray had fewer issues than LT. He's one of a kind.

The Ravens dont get a SB without him. And AREN'T perennial playoff teams without him. Billick isn't a good coach, and he won there.

Last edited by pehawk on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 am 
* NET Baller *

Loves me some Ray Lewis, gonna suck when watching the Ravens and not seeing him out there going wild and smacking dudes.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am 
NET Rookie

That kind of sucks. Not only a super player, but a leader for that team. That locker room is not going to be the same. Ed Reed is getting close to retiring too I think?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Saw in the same twitter streams that the thinking is that this is Ed Reed's last year with the team. Not sure why but those are two cornerstone players that will have to be replaced. I am sure with Ray, the Ravens already have started moving on as far as a physical replacement. I am sure new leaders will emerge in time.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:40 am 
* NET Philistine *

pehawk wrote:

Not with Joe Flacco as their QB.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 am 
* NET Radish *

I think he's one of they best defensive players ever. I doubt he last long as a commentator because there are many people like me that know he made it possible for a friend of his to commit murder and get away with it.

The night of their SB victory they were out partying and a friend of his got into a fight with someone and stabbed them to death. Ray took the guy and the murder weapon away from the scene in his limo to keep the police from getting him.

Later when the police finally caught up with him to avoid being charged as an accessory he agreed to testify against his friend. On the stand he welched big time and the guy walked

A sad time and I realize he came up from the streets and his loyalty to his friend was stronger than to a dead stranger. But I've never forgotten and I'd wager there are many others that haven't and would confront anyone who tried to employ him if he was going to be on TV.

:les:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm 
* NET Baller *

I don't see him as a TV personality, but id pay him to give me speech every day before work.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Ravens are going to have a hard time replacing the level of execution that Ray Lewis brings.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 pm 
* NET Philistine *

pinksheets wrote:
Ravens are going to have a hard time replacing the level of execution that Ray Lewis brings.

I see what you did there...?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 pm 
NET Veteran

Easily my favorite non seahawks players. Total respect for Rey Rey it's been fun seeing him play

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:52 pm 
NET Veteran

The Radish wrote:
I think he's one of they best defensive players ever. I doubt he last long as a commentator because there are many people like me that know he made it possible for a friend of his to commit murder and get away with it.

The night of their SB victory they were out partying and a friend of his got into a fight with someone and stabbed them to death. Ray took the guy and the murder weapon away from the scene in his limo to keep the police from getting him.

Later when the police finally caught up with him to avoid being charged as an accessory he agreed to testify against his friend. On the stand he welched big time and the guy walked

A sad time and I realize he came up from the streets and his loyalty to his friend was stronger than to a dead stranger. But I've never forgotten and I'd wager there are many others that haven't and would confront anyone who tried to employ him if he was going to be on TV.

Thank you. A voice of reason. It should also be noted that lewis settled a civil suit out of court with the two families. Some believe the sum was $10,000,000. Innocent men don't do that and it has long been speculated that Lewis did more than just watch these two kids get stabbled to death. I won't miss the punk and for those that will...check yourselves.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:26 pm 
* Report Button *

The last thing anyone should do is "check themselves" based on others hyperbole.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:36 pm 
NET Rookie

The Radish wrote:

This. The guy is a crook and an accessory to murder. Not someone I want my kids to use as a role model. I don't care how good of a player he is, where did his white suit go????? If it were you or I, we'd still be in prison. He also settled out of court with the victims family in civil court. Good riddance I say, all the Ray Lewis love around the league makes me want to wretch. :pukeface: :pukeface: :179419: :cry:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:03 pm 
NET Veteran

HawkWow wrote:
The Radish wrote:

Thank you. A voice of reason. It should also be noted that lewis settled a civil suit out of court with the two families. Some believe the sum was $10,000,000. Innocent men don't do that and it has long been speculated that Lewis did more than just watch these two kids get stabbled to death. I won't miss the punk and for those that will...check yourselves.

Psst, those that try to tell people how to remember this or that athlete... check yourselves.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:20 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I'm heartbroken. He's done so much for Baltimore. What a loss, but his decision to retire to watch his son play football in college and spend time with his family is respectable. He'll continue to do great things off the field. It's crazy to think the Ravens have never existed without him.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Throwdown wrote:
Loves me some Ray Lewis, gonna suck when watching the Ravens and not seeing him out there going wild and smacking dudes.

Most are saying Ed is going to not be in Baltimore next year. Time to turn the page, I suppose. *sigh*

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:32 pm 
NET Practice Squad

docj78 wrote:
The Radish wrote:

This. The guy is a crook and an accessory to murder. Not someone I want my kids to use as a role model. I don't care how good of a player he is, where did his white suit go????? If it were you or I, we'd still be in prison. He also settled out of court with the victims family in civil court. Good riddance I say, all the Ray Lewis love around the league makes me want to wretch. :pukeface: :pukeface: :179419: :cry:

Like he's the only athlete who's done something wrong? It was a long time ago, and he is responsible for so much good in Baltimore in the past decade or so. There's no replacing him, ever.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:57 pm 
NET Rookie

baltimoreravens wrote:
docj78 wrote:
The Radish wrote:

Like he's the only athlete who's done something wrong? It was a long time ago, and he is responsible for so much good in Baltimore in the past decade or so. There's no replacing him, ever.

No replacing the Daddy of that little kid he helped kill either. Sheesh.......

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:13 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

Ravens just won the Super Bowl.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 pm 
NET Veteran

volsunghawk wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
The Radish wrote:

Psst, those that try to tell people how to remember this or that athlete... check yourselves.

Checking myself...... Still checking..... Checking analyzing.....I didn't help anyone murder anyone else and help them get away with it........... Checking complete.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 am 
NET Veteran

Fudwamper wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
HawkWow wrote:

Checking myself...... Still checking..... Checking analyzing.....I didn't help anyone murder anyone else and help them get away with it........... Checking complete.

Nor did any of us who appreciated Lewis' play on the field and attempts to change himself off of it. So those of you who want to be sanctimonious blowhards over Lewis' retirement, feel free... just quit telling the rest us how to remember him.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 am 
NET Practice Squad

volsunghawk wrote:
Nor did any of us who appreciated Lewis' play on the field and attempts to change himself off of it. So those of you who want to be sanctimonious blowhards over Lewis' retirement, feel free... just quit telling the rest us how to remember him.

Well said! 8)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:51 am 
* NET Philistine *

baltimoreravens wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:

Well said! 8)

Another ditto. People can change, and I really have believed that Lewis's personae now is more than just an act. I know I'll remember him more for his murders on the field than the alleged one off it.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:54 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

The Radish wrote:
.... But I've never forgotten and I'd wager there are many others that haven't and would confront anyone who tried to employ him if he was going to be on TV.

Ray Lewis expected to sign a multi-year deal with ESPN effective upon his retirement.

Quote:

Ravens' Lewis set to join ESPN in retirement

ESPN is on the verge of adding Ray Lewis to its talent lineup, Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated reports.

Multiple sources have said the Ravens linebacker is close to signing a multi-year contract with the network. At ESPN, Lewis is expected to have a significant role on the network's Monday Night Countdown program. As with most ESPN NFL talent, Lewis would also be featured on multiple platforms, including ESPN Radio.

No formal announcement from Lewis or the network is expected until the conclusion of the Ravens season. Lewis announced Wednesday that he planned to retire at the end of Baltimore's season. The Ravens host the Colts on Sunday in the AFC WIld Card round.

An ESPN spokesperson declined comment when contacted Thursday morning.

Ray Lewis to sign with ESPN

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:44 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Article done by Ashley Fox on Ray Lewis complicated legacy. Some of the same debate seen in the two posts here in the NFL Forum.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 am 
NET Practice Squad

Glad Ray will still be in the public spotlight where he belongs.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:56 pm 
NET Rookie

I'm gonna vomit now........... :pukeface:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:49 pm 
* NET Radish *

Any further comments about Lewis need to be in the PWR Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]