How Will This Team Fair Against The Redskins Offense?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoCal, Jesus Christ, when you get an error on the forum verify that the post didn't actually take before trying again, haha. You posted it 4 times.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9e9br4un said:
Also, rdskns4eva, you obviously don't know anything about Football Outsiders. Look at their DVOA rankings. RG3 and RW are both above Romo and Stafford.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Seriously, please, stop embarrassing yourself. Most metrics are not "advanced metrics"; FO's are.

I'm not embarrasing myself. The NY Times had the same "Advanced Metrics" saying Luck was better than RG3. Another idiot reporter quoting advanced metrics said that Morris was the 13th best RB in the NFL....this year.

Advanced Metrics can say anything you want them to say. It's all garbage. Again, any list that has Romo as one of the best QB's in the NFL is garbage. Romo sucks. Everyone in the NFL knows it and most fans (even Dallas fans) know it. But these advanced Metrics have him listed as a top qb....just stop it, please.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":ywtlsqes said:
RolandDeschain":ywtlsqes said:
rdskns4eva":ywtlsqes said:
Here we go with these "advanced metrics". The same "advanced metrics" that said that Alfred Morris, a 1600 yard back was overrated.

All I know is that the Redskins are top 5 is scoring and are averaging 25 points per game at home. Thats all that matters to me.

So...you bash metrics, then use them to defend your home performance? Ok, then...

Negative. Advanced metrics are garbage. It's the whoe reason that sports writers are saying that Luck is rookie of the year because his "advanced metrics" are better than RG3 and RW.

Same thing is baseball. One dude is triple crown winner and people seriously were saying that Mike Trout was the best player in Baseball because of "advanced metrics". Get that crap out of here.
DVOA ranks Luck at 19th. RGIII at 8th and DangeRuss at 6th. Ohhhhh, I see why you don't like advanced metrics.

btw, DVOA ranks Romo and Stafford below both R's.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":1agfhuts said:
I'm not embarrasing myself. The NY Times had the same "Advanced Metrics" saying Luck was better than RG3. Another idiot reporter quoting advanced metrics said that Morris was the 13th best RB in the NFL....this year.

Advanced Metrics can say anything you want them to say. It's all garbage. Again, any list that has Romo as one of the best QB's in the NFL is garbage. Romo sucks. Everyone in the NFL knows it and most fans (even Dallas fans) know it. But these advanced Metrics have him listed as a top qb....just stop it, please.

The same advanced metrics? You do not know what you're talking about. Nobody does stats like Football Outsiders. They are unique in the statistics world for NFL stats. Come on, dude. At least attempt to educate yourself. What a joke...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":2z7b9v4l said:
RolandDeschain":2z7b9v4l said:
Also, rdskns4eva, you obviously don't know anything about Football Outsiders. Look at their DVOA rankings. RG3 and RW are both above Romo and Stafford.

Seriously, please, stop embarrassing yourself. Most metrics are not "advanced metrics"; FO's are.

rdskns4eva, you seem like a pretty decent fan. Not trolling us. Keeping it real. So I believe your enjoyment of the sport we all love would be enriched if you checked out these advanced metrics. This link explains what DVOA is all about. After you spend a season or two watching how their projections tend to work out correctly way more often than not (Any Given Sunday, afterall) I believe you'll come to realize that Football Outsiders knows what they're talking about. For example, they've said Luck was over hyped all along.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pfiocee said:
rdskns4eva":2pfiocee said:

The same advanced metrics? You do not know what you're talking about. Nobody does stats like Football Outsiders. They are unique in the statistics world for NFL stats. Come on, dude. At least attempt to educate yourself. What a joke...

Damn man, you dont have to get all butt hurt...jeez.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":219t5kg8 said:
rdskns4eva":219t5kg8 said:
RolandDeschain":219t5kg8 said:

rdskns4eva, you seem like a pretty decent fan. Not trolling us. Keeping it real. So I believe your enjoyment of the sport we all love would be enriched if you checked out these advanced metrics. This link explains what DVOA is all about. After you spend a season or two watching how their projections tend to work out correctly way more often than not (Any Given Sunday, afterall) I believe you'll come to realize that Football Outsiders knows what they're talking about. For example, they've said Luck was over hyped all along.

I'll check it out.

Thanks

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Well my take on it... and Everyone knows mine is the only take THAT MATTERS on this board... is this..
Its going to be An AWESOME GAME..... win or lose.....both teams need to be happy about there seasons and future's

I"M excited...... and I don't think it will be easy.. for either team.. whichever team brings its a game will win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think this game comes down to Gus Bradley's play calling. If he is passive and gives III all day to throw the ball it's going to be a long day, if they over blitz (unlikely with Bradley) it's going to be a problem. QB pressure has to come from different angles, predictability = bad things!

kmedic

Reaction score
Anyone who has been watching the Hawks closely know that their weak link on the road is their defense in the 4th quarter. For whatever reason we tend to crumble under pressure if the game is close and the opposing team is driving for a game winning FG or TD. Hopefully it does not come to this, but I for one think that if it does, we will lose. Another words, for us to win this game I think we have to blow them out. And even if we win in this manner, the same issue will come up again against Atlanta. I think the Hawks have progressed miles this season but I just don't think they have what it takes to shut down an opposing offense on the road when the game is on the line.

Zowert

Reaction score
Everything from the regular season doesn't matter anymore. Its the playoffs, and we're playing in D.C. Probably one of the hardest places to play. 100,000 Skins fans screaming down on you, on a cold, damp grass field (when our boys play at least half the season on turf). It will be a difficult win for the Seahawks. If this were in Seattle, I would favor the Hawks, by far.. But since that isn't the case, this game is close to a coin toss.

I hope i'm wrong.