RG3's knee may be fully healed, but brace will likely remain

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RG3 says his knee feels better.

“It’s getting close to being just mostly the brace,” Griffin said. “Doctors won’t let me take it off and I don’t believe [trainer Larry Hess] will let me take it off. I try to do as much as I can without the brace and then when they find out I don’t have it on I have to throw it on… I can feel it healing; I might not wear the brace this week. But I’m sure Larry is shaking his head downstairs.”

Griffin, who has played two games since sitting out one because of the sprained lateral collateral ligament, said the brace causes a natural limp. It’s harder to bend his knee because the brace restricts the flexion as well as the extension of the knee.

“It’s to protect the ligaments,” Griffin said. “So there will be a limp, but at the same time you can still generate power.”

Hopefully that brace stays on, Leroy Hill could catch Griffin with that brace on.

Axx

Reaction score
this is great news, whatever it takes to slow him down.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If he was fully healed, the brace would not stay on. End of story.

Riley12

Reaction score
Scottemojo":16fo3wyx said:
If he was fully healed, the brace would not stay on. End of story.

You gotta work on your rhyming:

If the knee isn't healed, the brace he will wield.

kearly

Reaction score
Even with daily physical therapy it takes 4-6 weeks to heal a knee sprain. I know because I've been through it. I'm guessing by now the pain is relatively minimal, but last week he looked about as mobile as Matt Flynn. The brace has a big impact.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":3fqnqlm0 said:
Even with daily physical therapy it takes 4-6 weeks to heal a knee sprain. I know because I've been through it. I'm guessing by now the pain is relatively minimal, but last week he looked about as mobile as Matt Flynn. The brace has a big impact.

They'd really be risking RG3's health for the future too. Even if they lose this playoff game, at least they would have next season to look forward too with more pieces to the puzzle. Would really suck for RG3 to tear another ACL and never be the same again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Coach speak is everything is fine.

In reality it's

Don't target my damn knee and make me have to have major rebuilding of the thing that makes me elite.

Shock2k

Reaction score
So if I look at this logically. Say RGIII is fully healed. How many times are you REALLY going to run him against the Seahawks. Against a team who's secondary is called the "Legion of Boom" (for good reason). Considering he's missed time in 3 games due to injury, you really going to put him out there. No way, it's going to be all Alfred Morris all day. They may do a read option quick pass, screen pass, etc, but he's not running.

chris98251

Reaction score
He will run, this is the big stage an they don't have a lot of weapons in their arsenal, if you seen him play the Huskies last year it is what he considers his showtime, You also have the who's he better QB on the field being talked about all week I am sure, specially east coast an where he's a smart guy it will be on his mind.

If he is used to a one rad and throw our press coverage DB's are going to throw his timing way off or pick him off.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2owgx61k said:
The leg, sweep it.

He got hit late in the game and got landed on.
You could tell he wasn't right.

RG will be gimpy this weekend but he will have to run for his life.
There's no way that last hit didn't set his healing back.