This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: Wild Card Edition!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Shock2k":2s8xisp7 said:
My thoughts too. Going to come down to individual matchups and Linebacker discipline on our side. We have Browner back as a CB which is going to be a difference maker, though Lane (his replacement the last 4 weeks) has been playing really well, so not sure HOW much of a difference. Either way they will be handfull for Moss and Garcon. Lane (the replacement for browner) looked pretty darn good, and I would like to see him in some nickle looks, but that's not going to happen on this short of timeframe.

Seahawks D is obviously used to the zone read as we run the same scheme, but the same can be said for the Skins.

Both QB's also have proven the can drie 90+ yards to close out a game, so time management may come into play depending on how close things are.

Either way you have two really good teams about to duke it out. I'm looking forard to a great game!

Though Lane has been more than serviceable, he doesn't have the physical presence to make the receivers start short arming balls. A quarter of being man handled by Browner and a quarter of being covered by Lane are two completely different things. It may not impact stats much in the first or second quarter, but by the second half there is a big difference.

Will I

Reaction score
SkinsFan46":aqjg44v5 said:
Odds don't favor teams that have to travel across the country to play so hopefully those odds pan out for us this weekend. ;)

Well, Vegas has the odds on our Hawks at -3 (favored by 3). So hopefully those pan out for us this weekend :th2thumbs:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":r8z9uljy said:
Every day they have Giant, Eagle & Cowboy fans invading their website and throwing smack around. Jerks surrounded by other jerks = bedlam. Any wonder that they have zero interest in civil discussion? They don't even KNOW what civil discussion about football is!

Excellent. That pretty much sums it up.

PS, I've been over there (extremeskins.com) reading quite a bit, not posting, just reading. It's great, so much entertainment. Pure comedy gold, some absolute gems. I'd recommend it! :lol:

grizrgood

Reaction score
Bitter":3mpotknn said:
Seatown001":3mpotknn said:
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?377853-Dear-Seahawks-Fans.-Read-this-before-you-post.-No-exceptions/page2

Classy fans

I like the post by the mod about banning people, also says he's 13 years old next to his username lol

I laughed at that one as well, in particular the last line:

Arrogant Prig on Redskins Forum Staff ":3mpotknn said:
(now if you're nice and polite---you don't even have to be smart---you'll only get the same from me )

Because his post is the epitome of courtesy and intelligence.

I have zero respect for forums that routinely ban people for having opinions that differ from their own.

Exactly what I was thinking as I read the post! I honestly didn't see many negetive posts by Hawk fans at all, just talking football! That is really petty of of the MOD, he seems like a total wanker!!

:roll:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":25fsbmxb said:
Trenchbroom":25fsbmxb said:
Every day they have Giant, Eagle & Cowboy fans invading their website and throwing smack around. Jerks surrounded by other jerks = bedlam. Any wonder that they have zero interest in civil discussion? They don't even KNOW what civil discussion about football is!

Excellent. That pretty much sums it up.

PS, I've been over there (extremeskins.com) reading quite a bit, not posting, just reading. It's great, so much entertainment. Pure comedy gold, some absolute gems. I'd recommend it! :lol:

Wow, that site makes me extremely glad for Seahawks.net. You know you're intent on having a circle jerk when you blow off people looking for good discussion. I can't wait to go back and revel in the beautiful, beautiful hate when their team scores 13 points and gets run out of FedEx field.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Bitter":fvaovej0 said:
Shock2k":fvaovej0 said:
My thoughts too. Going to come down to individual matchups and Linebacker discipline on our side. We have Browner back as a CB which is going to be a difference maker, though Lane (his replacement the last 4 weeks) has been playing really well, so not sure HOW much of a difference. Either way they will be handfull for Moss and Garcon. Lane (the replacement for browner) looked pretty darn good, and I would like to see him in some nickle looks, but that's not going to happen on this short of timeframe.

Seahawks D is obviously used to the zone read as we run the same scheme, but the same can be said for the Skins.

Both QB's also have proven the can drie 90+ yards to close out a game, so time management may come into play depending on how close things are.

Either way you have two really good teams about to duke it out. I'm looking forard to a great game!

Though Lane has been more than serviceable, he doesn't have the physical presence to make the receivers start short arming balls. A quarter of being man handled by Browner and a quarter of being covered by Lane are two completely different things. It may not impact stats much in the first or second quarter, but by the second half there is a big difference.

I wasn't clear, I meant moving him into the Slot with Thurman out. I definately was not saying Lane was on par with Browner.

Mississippi Hog

Reaction score
Skins fan here. Just logging on to see what you guys have to say, and after reading had to post. I am a member of www.thehogs.net. It is set up very much like this site. Most of the people there will not go on extremeskins. My understanding from people on thehogs.net is that they are a bunch of idiots over there. At THN, you will find some idiots, but mostly educated fans who like to talk football. As long as you are respectful there, and don't spout a bunch of crap, you will be treated the same. Posts are limited to PG, but we do have a Smack Talk forum that you can go in and speak as you wish. Come on and check us out. Good luck Sunday, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!

morgulon1

Reaction score
I dont know Missisippi, did you know that Bob G 3 invented scrambling? Russell Wilson just tries to copy him.

Mississippi Hog

Reaction score
Like I said, not everybody on there is well educated and respectful, but you will find many that are.

youngchew

Reaction score
Mississippi Hog":1vddtty5 said:
Like I said, not everybody on there is well educated and respectful, but you will find many that are.

Thank you. Don't get me wrong, I am a very active member on Extremeskins, and yes there are a few weirdos. But there are also a TON of very knowledgeable fans there. It annoyed the hell out of me reading on here about how some of the seahawks fans ran into a few people they disagreed with on ES and then assumed that the entire Redskins fanbase is a bunch of assholes. I mean come on, seriously?

Anywho, this is the first time the Redskins have hosted a playoff game in 13 years, and you better believe Fedex is gonna be rocking. You guys saw the game on Sunday night vs Dallas, the crowd was electric. The 12th man for Washington will be out in full force.

hawker84

Reaction score
you might have fans, very good fans, but you don't have the 12th man, let's get that straight.... i expect it to be loud and electric, i also expect them to be extremly bummed out after the final gun... your secondary is weak, whoever that strong safety is, is a bum... We let josh wilson go, because he's subject to get burned again and again.. just like trufant, always in position to make a play, but never seemed to make them... he had a good game against dallas however... as far as london fletcher looking like Lawrence taylor out there, you can get those visions out of your head, RW will make him look like a fool...

i actually like the skins, one of the teams i root for when the hawks are out of it.. i like RG3 , very impressive young man... i think we hold the advantage because i don't know if you're D can contain our O, but our offense can keep up with yours.. and our defense is flat out better.. so i say good competitive game, but we sneak it out in the end and advance.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I also lurked on the extremeskins site, but I not too surprised at all.

As noted, I'm a loog-time season ticket holder and have seats on the visitor side. That said, the entire section gets to "mingle" with the opposing teams fanbase. Many in our section like to give them a good light hearted ribbing ... PG-13 type ribbing. Eeveryone has fun with it as both sides get a good laugh.

Not the Redskins fan. I don't know where all the anger comes from, but these guys never let up.

Trust me, they are not the innocent bystanders they want everyone to think they are. Not even close. They turned the PG-13 conversation to shack talk. They couldn't - or wouldn't - take any of the good natured stuff at all. They were talking from the pre-game stuff all the way to the end of game. They just would not stop. Even when Marcus Trufant turned a Todd Collins INT into a pick six, they still kept on talking.

The attitude you see on the extremeskins site transfer onto the stands. And, there were many, many fans that were talking non-stop. It's as if they were thinking, I spent al this money to attend this game, so I'm going to get my monies worth. As for the parking the lot incidents, I heard a Hawk fan yell at a Skins fan "nice game!" and the Skins fan tore them a new a@@hole for it.

Not the innocent bystander....more like a drive by shooter.

The only time I've seen this kind of stuff is with Niners fans.....recent ones. They were cool when they were winning with Jeff Garcia, TO, and Garrison Hearst....it's this new group that does a lot of talking.

But no one was as mean sprited like the Redskins fans. Remember....you're in our stadiun, our city, our house....show some respect.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Shock2k":6b6iap4q said:
I may have been quick to judge the extremeskins.com board. That Jumbo is class act. I was going to say as much on this thread, but when I tried I realized I had been banned. :th2thumbs:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread. ... -quot-fwiw

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthr...n-post-here)&p=9367278&viewfull=1#post9367278
Being a mod he could change things. This to me reads like he doesn't care or want it to change. I don't see Jumbo as you do. He is a douche just like 99% of their board members.

heatsky

Reaction score
Everybody's a grownup over at Capitol Punishment National Defense (CPND). Many of our fellow Redskins fans here have been here for multiple years:

http://cpnd.us/

Come on over.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
When you are here, your screen is burgundy and gold for a reason.

Could there be a douchier statement? Douche Douche Douche. They need to get over themselves.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Shock2k":f55y1qlc said:
I may have been quick to judge the extremeskins.com board. That Jumbo is class act. I was going to say as much on this thread, but when I tried I realized I had been banned. :th2thumbs:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread. ... -quot-fwiw

In that post he states he is a 50+ year Redskins fan, I had a hard time believing he was even the 13 years old listed in his profile.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Hey guys, I didn't mean to sow hate. I litterally thought it was funny I was already banned. I think Blue Talon is the only one they haven't banned. I'm really happy with all our fans on this board. One thing you can respect about that board is they really stick to thier guns, they really won't allow any other fans.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Shock2k":1kuvzm5u said:
Hey guys, I didn't mean to sow hate. I litterally thought it was funny I was already banned. I think Blue Talon is the only one they haven't banned. I'm really happy with all our fans on this board. One thing you can respect about that board is they really stick to thier guns, they really won't allow any other fans.

If that's what they really want, they should require membership to view, too. That way they can just have their self-gratifying drivel all by themselves.

The attitude that they open put out to the world makes them looks like the worst fans ever.

If I was a Dallas fan, I would hate the Redskins more then we hate the 49ers, solely because of that forum. Is that right? No, but therein lies the problem, but being an openly readable board they are representing skins fans as a whole.

Basically they make all the legitimately respectable skins fans look terrible. I know several in real life and they are very cool people.

Latest posts